Sign in to follow this  
Thadius (DayZ)

Acceptable behavior? aka 'Cool story Bro' time

I believe you but you only say you hit escape after 60 seconds, but you didnt say how much time was left on your count down timer. Or did you not even have a timer? This sounds so far that maybe only pure chance works. I have yet to be convinced there is a consistent way to dupe.

I didn't have a timer - I remember logging in the second time very quickly. But I should note this happened whilst the whole 'OMG the servers are FAIL, life SUXX, death to DayZ etc.' shenanigans were being spewed. I put it down to a mishap with server issues.

Edit: orlok

Sorry if I've said something I shouldn't have? Completely unintentional, please remove anything which could be considered 'crossing the line'.

Edited by IshFingers

Hello there

If you chaps want to disbelieve these guys saw or managed duping, thats fine.

But, dont ask for more details on how to do it.

Ill start handing out infraction points if it continues. If you dont know how to do it, you dont NEED to know how to do it.

Rdgs

I know you are an admin but how the hell do you know the dayz team cares if people duplicate?  You are assuming something out of thin air and ready to punish us based on your assumptions.   If more people dupe, the lazy dayz team will fix it.  Otherwise, some people have an advantage while others do not.  Why dont you want to level the playing field?

is about self respect

I play dayz for challenge ;)

for me more difficult = more reward feel :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

is why I play 3PP:OFF and never do server hop or combat log

is why I never dupe nothing or take gear if is obvious was from dupe bitch >:(

this way every time I win have success I know is 100% honest and fair and I deserve

guys who taking short cuts in life cheat only them self because all win they having is fake not pure

is ok maybe they 'ignore' reality and celebrate the win but sub conscious brain remember everything and one day in future artificial façade they making is slip and show true horror of nasty lazy cheat truth :o

reality smack the face like cricket bat and breakdown coming for them ;)

is worth? for quick fake win feel? if you think is worth you are going down wrong path for happy life :|

KoS your broken English makes my brain hurt so hard trying to read it, but it and your attitude make me so happy it totally offsets it. Good on you, mate. :)

• Like 1

I know you are an admin but how the hell do you know the dayz team cares if people duplicate?  You are assuming something out of thin air and ready to punish us based on your assumptions.   If more people dupe, the lazy dayz team will fix it.  Otherwise, some people have an advantage while others do not.  Why dont you want to level the playing field?

Hello there

I talk to the dev team every day. I have a reasonable idea of what they want.

If you show how to exploit and or cheat you will receive infractions.

Dev team is far from "lazy"

I want a level playing field.

@IshFingers, no problem I just wanted to jump in before you crossed any lines.

Now if folk want to help stop exploits, use the bugtracker to report any you know in a "hidden"/private report. Its perfectly simple.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

LoL at people desperately trying to learn how to dupe. Us actual game testers (who've been closed alpha and beta testing games for many many years to find bugs not play the game early), especially ones who also have programming experience, can find ways to break games pretty easily especially ones as early in dev as this is. We also don't try to spread how to do stuff it just gets out sometimes.

Look at duping in the mod people like me knew dozens of ways to dupe all along and reported them till they slowly all got patched. The majority of other people just knew what the 1 "flavor of the month" way to do it that someone made a video or something for.

I found a way to dupe on day 1 of the standalone within 5 minutes of playing that didn't involve logging out ... so I submitted a bug report told my other friend who is a game developer about it and only randomly used it after patches to see if it still worked. Haven't tried it in a while but I'd say 50-50 it still works.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

The majority of other people just knew what the 1 "flavor of the month" way to do it that someone made a video or something for.

True, and thank God for that small mercy. Last thing we need are a mass of usually lazy exploiters doing actual hands on research themselves.

"We know people do it, and those guys are dicks"

Sums it up for me.

Think of duping like pooping! It's something that every asshole does, but isn't something to discuss in public...

Write that down!

I know of people who do this, and those people are dicks...

Heh, I remember in the days of my mod playing the amount of duping was just unbelievable. AS50s with thermal were EVERYWHERE. The fields in front of sniper hill in Elektro were so full of corpses stuffed to the gills with duped gear that you would never have to walk on grass if you didn't want to. Hacker boxes full of the entire ARMA2 arsenal at every bus stop. It was absurd.

Just like the mod I feel people should dupe as much as possible until it becomes such a problem that the devs are actually forced to care about and easily fix the problem instead of working on licking batteries and making zombies more buggy.

Exactly this. I'm really happy with the game so far, but the best solution to game breaking bugs is that they become widespread, known and fixed. Otherwise your just going to get murdered through a hanger floor.

• Like 1

Exactly this. I'm really happy with the game so far, but the best solution to game breaking bugs is that they become widespread, known and fixed. Otherwise your just going to get murdered through a hanger floor.

Well... The 'best' solution would be for people to report the exploit and have the human kindness and morality not to use them, while the devs use their limited resources to fix them.

But since this is DayZ, we all know that those concepts are about as widespread ingame as selfless generosity is on Wall Street.

The biggest problem with the "widespread use will force devs to fix" theory is that it will remove resources from other projects, like getting core game elements to work properly. They won't be able to magic new resources (staff) into existence. It would have to come from somewhere.

Now of course I am not saying they should ignore exploits, but if we as a community dont go overboard using them, they can allocate resources to fix the issues in a way that does not detract to much progress away from the game itself.

Thats my highly theoretical personal theory anyways. Or it could be absolute hornswaggle.

• Like 1

Well... The 'best' solution would be for people to report the exploit and have the human kindness and morality not to use them, while the devs use their limited resources to fix them.

But since this is DayZ, we all know that those concepts are about as widespread ingame as selfless generosity is on Wall Street.

The biggest problem with the "widespread use will force devs to fix" theory is that it will remove resources from other projects, like getting core game elements to work properly. They won't be able to magic new resources (staff) into existence. It would have to come from somewhere.

Now of course I am not saying they should ignore exploits, but if we as a community dont go overboard using them, they can allocate resources to fix the issues in a way that does not detract to much progress away from the game itself.

Thats my highly theoretical personal theory anyways. Or it could be absolute hornswaggle.

I love your theoretical, and if I worked out well in our universe I would support it fully. I think your looking for the 'verse three over and two down though.  :P

I think your looking for the 'verse three over and two down though.  :P

Is this a quote or saying from somewhere? I am not sure what it means. Or am I just being about as sharp as a bag of doorknobs?