Sign in to follow this  
BeefBacon

Hardcore by default?

If there was some garuantee that nobody would ever use the powers of 3pp for evil then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I prefer 3pp from a casual perspective because it feels more comfortable, and I like seeing my character, but I feel uncomfortable knowing that people are exploiting it, so it puts me in a bit of a quandary. 

As I said, I completely understand you and I am with you that if there would be a way to fix that without removing 3rdP completely, it should be fixed asap.

God damn I keep nearly clicking "report" and "spambot". They really need to move those to the other side of the window or something.

It only compensates for FOV in your immediate surroundings, that is to say what is standing left and right of you within a couple of meters. That's it. Your FOV remains the same besides, like, a one degree increase from being a meter back.

So the pros are that you can see things that are next to you, you can see your character running through fields and that, for some, it alleviates motion sickness (which is actually important).

The cons are that it allows you to see over and around walls without risking yourself, and it is often literally impossible for other players to see you. You can see over grass when you'd otherwise have your vision obscured. 

3pp promotes dirty tactics where the player never has to take any risks to gather intelligence, at the cost of other players who have no chance of ever seeing that player. That's my problem with it. I get situational awareness by using the alt key and by leaning around corners, not by staring at walls or at the roofs of tall buildings. This, in my opinion, is the way the game should be played. Claiming that 3pp increases FOV just isn't true.

zbRhH8P.png

The negligible FOV increase pales in comparison to the negative side effects of 3pp. I respect that people like to play in 3pp, but please don't claim that 3pp simulates a 180 degree FOV.

I agree, plus no one has a clear 180 degree fov.

Your peripheral vision is blurry and unclear unless you move your eyes left or right.

No one can actually clearly see in 180 degrees.

FPP = More hardcore and intense gameplay.

Not everyone wants an intense hardcore experience with dayz, unfortunately.

3PP is a crutch that teaches you bad habits, and bad habits die hard.

• Like 1

I like the idea of hardcore , because your in first person. Some people hate regular cause it gives advantage to other player, but i still like to see how my character looks and they way it bleeds and te way it takes damage. I don't like how regular and hardcore run on two different hives :(

Edited by Beastmanss