Sign in to follow this  
tbear1981

sooo

First time playing spend few hours kitting out get an shs get an M9 plenty of food just having a wondered KOS out of blue. Oh well to be expected. Spawn on beach drink bit of coffee and guy runs up and punches me lol

WTF did I just read?

So you got killed... Uhm.. Yeah. And now what?

Funny part was when I spawned with nothing on me someone still attacked. For no gain just didnt make sense. Firat guy at least he may have wanted something I had but 2nd guy was just pointless

The rules of survival are a competitive game of scorched-earth tactics.

People will eliminate any and all competition, you just need to use your brain, remain friendly but ready to kill, and preserve what little humanity the people of DayZ have left.

Welcome to DayZ Tbear :)

You will realise quickly that the coast is one of, if not the most dangerous spot currently in Chernarus. It is usually rifled with griefers and the loot is always scarce.

Survival chances magnify tenfold, when heading inland.

I wish you many wonderful journeys throughout your stay in Chernarus, good luck!

Edited by Nuggit

Lol i was far inland first KOS death, The beach incident just tickled me as i cant figure out why youd take it upon yourself to knock someone out to steal nothing

Funny part was when I spawned with nothing on me someone still attacked. For no gain just didnt make sense. Firat guy at least he may have wanted something I had but 2nd guy was just pointless

He wanted to rag your Tshirt for bandages.

Nope i came to with shirt etc still intact he just took flashlight battery. Caught up with him later as he got swarmed and killed. i was nicely armed up but for some reason didnt feel like helping him lol

Hi, welcome to Dayz forums, Tbear.  Generally, we try to be a little more specific about subjects when we post threads.  However, this IS New Player Discussion, so don't worry too much. :thumbsup:

And the rest of you don't reply to new players if it's just to be insulting.  I'm happy to issue warning points if any of you feel the urge!

• Like 1

DayZ is a game about getting used to dying.

due to the bad community that don't know how to think or speak before shooting.

My apologies i was aiming to engage a convo about pointless play. Im not sure if im unique or just getting bad servers but ive played nearly 20hours in last 3 days and not a single player ive met has spoken a single word,even when ive had the drop on unarmed guys called out friendly they try rush me with fists. i thought theyd be alot more interaction between players. I know the first thing id do when unarmed and alone would be to seek allies.

When Im a freshspawn I kill others just so I can make bandages out of their t-shirts.

My apologies i was aiming to engage a convo about pointless play. Im not sure if im unique or just getting bad servers but ive played nearly 20hours in last 3 days and not a single player ive met has spoken a single word,even when ive had the drop on unarmed guys called out friendly they try rush me with fists. i thought theyd be alot more interaction between players. I know the first thing id do when unarmed and alone would be to seek allies.

yeah most of the community of day z is full of trolls and people who just play to annoy others, I assume they have no fun playing the game so make entertainment from trolling people and griefers. So yeah, i recommend joining up with a small community on team speak or something like that. Because in-game chance of meeting a friendly is about 1 %

When Im a freshspawn I kill others just so I can make bandages out of their t-shirts.

Great, another helpful and insightful view into the varied and welcoming Day Z community.... > <

• Like 1

Tbh ive enjoyed kitting out and exploring different towns etc, so i dont mind the deaths ive had but itd be better game with a little interaction and creativity. I decide to rob a guy who went prone and didnt try to attack. i didnt even have bullets and was quite a tense experience. turns out he had 7.62 rounds i needed so i put a stash of food meds and water in his backpack and an unloaded magnum i had spare. guess that makes me a good bandit that life lol

• Like 2

My advise would be to never completely trust a guy that signals friendly, in my experience, 5 mins later that guy will be punching you unconcious to get your pants.

Edited by Gruffallo