Sign in to follow this  
flygamer1

Do not use sporter 22

Just unloaded 2 mags in a guy and he did not die, I died. Awesome fail weapon.

Or just shoot them in the head?

A .22 won't do much to someone in full kit with a vest etc, a couple of headshots should ruin any headgear protecting them and kill them. Just 1 shot with no helmet.

Sporter is pretty weak weapons, thats rights. I heard about buffed .22 in last patch. Now i killing zeds in 1 headshot, not 2 like was before... I think sporter spawn most offten as weapon in military(weapons) point. I think its better than nothing. I recommended headshot if its possible, if not, shot in legs, i never tried but maybe break leg. 

Edited by TokumeiSennin

Just unloaded 2 mags in a guy and he did not die, I died. Awesome fail weapon.

Sure you hit? The weapon can't be that shit if you can do damage to zeds...and like Tokumei said....grief them by shooting the legs. Done that with players trying to outflank us in clanwars...forced a lot of suicides that way after they were like 1km away from the targets and would have to crawl all the way back... :lol:

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Size comparison between 22LR (Sporter round) and 5.56 NATO/.223 (M4 round)

22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

Yep, even the description of the gun says "Useful for small game hunting". It's not really 'meant' to be used in PvP, but it's better than nothing, aim for the legs or head.

I wouldn't bash the gun. I think it's a fine weapon, but as these people are saying, it does serve its purpose, you just need to be using it for the right thing.

Pros:

Faster firing with a clip.

Really quiet, which allows you to get rid of zeds pretty easily with head shots.

Cons:

low damage.

I treat mine as a zed clearing tool and to practice head shots (and soon, hunting).

In pvp, shooting in the legs or the head are your best option. Shooting in the body won't do much damage. Sure, they will bleed, but in the time you've pumped a few rounds into them, they are already well on their way to retaliating or running off 

I'd rather have the .22 than have an axe if someone with a gun were coming after me.

Edited by Gekkonidae