Spinnyd223

If dreams could come true

I guess i don't really understand what it takes to create a game considering the frequency and miniscule size of the updates.. But if the stars aligned in just a certain way, and dreams could be made. These are the things i would like

I KNOW NONE OF THESE CAN BE DONE THIS IS JUST A PIPE DREAM

1. Fully fenced in military bases that can be overtaken by a group of players giving them complete control to the entrance gates and manually open/close it to let in whoever they want. Perhaps a security camera pointed at the front gate and a little button speaker to talk to the person inside.

2. Huge rock mountains with natural formation holes in the sides where players can sit and make fires and be safe from the rain.

3.Fully customizable wooden houses with an unlimited amount of customizations like stealing end-tables and small mirrors from buildings just to use them inside your house. (imagine seeing a player using both hands to hold a giant painting he found in a building in elektro just so he can run it back to his house and hang it on his wall lol)

4. Actual survival- Not just soda's laying around. Players must boil water they find to disinfect it first. Or they can find the parts to make a de-salination still for their home so they can filter the salt out of ocean water. Players must find sticks and tinder to create a friction fire..

5. Spotlights on helicopters. Imagine being in the middle of the woods in the pitch black night and a huge spotlight shines down through the trees searching for you. I would shit.

6. A train on the only track in the game that only goes when someone sits in the driver seat.

7. Little things.. Like being able to set a zombie on fire and watching it run around engulfed in flames. Or being able to wrap a shirt around the tip of a baseball bat and use it while walking down the road as a torch.

8. Swamp part of the map with 12 inch layer of floating spooky fog

Edited by Spinnyd223
  • Like 5

A few of your suggestions are a bit arcadey, with number 1's security camera nonsense and number 6's lack of explanation for how the train would be fuel.

Other then that, good suggestions.

• Like 1

But if the stairs aligned in just a certain way, and dreams could be made. These are the things i would like

2. Huge rock mountains with natural formation holes in the sides where players can sit and make fires and be safe from the rain.

Your wish is my command. Enjoy your natural formation hole.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178173-cave-hunters/

Give it a like, subscribe, and maybe leave a comment! More natural formation holes to come.

• Like 1

how are security cameras arcadey? you know military bases use security cameras right? So zombies fit your bill for realism but cameras are too arcadey? So if a zombie apocalypse happened all cameras on the planet would vanish?

If you wanted 100% realism you should go out into the woods with a stick.. Dayz needs more things in general. A train would be entertaining and a great way to travel. The fact of the matter is that dayz in its current state provides minimal entertainment value and less and less people are occupying dayz servers with each passing day. An awesome rusty noisy steaming train could only help not hurt. And fuel is not any more or less outlandish than soda's laying around on every shelf. There is no fire in dayz, there is no fuel in dayz, there is no water in dayz.. There are just pixels and your imagination

Edited by Spinnyd223

Your wish is my command. Enjoy your natural formation hole.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178173-cave-hunters/

Give it a like, subscribe, and maybe leave a comment! More natural formation holes to come.

Thats cool but i was thinking more like.. tall rock mountains with natural divots in the sides you can camp out in. Not caves

1. I had an idea similar to your basic one. In simple terms, when you clear out a small town, zombies don't respawn for a while after unless the player leaves. I liked that idea because I abhor the notion of base building, so I also don't agree with your later ideas on this subject.

2. If you mean caves, sure.

3. Nope nope nope.

4. Yes to water purification, no to mechanical desalination. This is a survival game, not colonization game.

5. If helicopters are added, which I hope they aren't, I don't see the harm in this.

6. Nope.

7. If you have read Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, you would learn that setting zombies on fire is a really, really bad idea. And I am not against making torches, but I'm not a survival master and I see quite a few problems from making a torch out of a baseball bat and some rags.

8. Fog, sure.

how are security cameras arcadey? you know military bases use security cameras right? So zombies fit your bill for realism but cameras are too arcadey? So if a zombie apocalypse happened all cameras on the planet would vanish?

If you wanted 100% realism you should go out into the woods with a stick.. Dayz needs more things in general. A train would be entertaining and a great way to travel. The fact of the matter is that dayz in its current state provides minimal entertainment value and less and less people are occupying dayz servers with each passing day. An awesome rusty noisy steaming train could only help not hurt. And fuel is not any more or less outlandish than soda's laying around on every shelf. There is no fire in dayz, there is no fuel in dayz, there is no water in dayz.. There are just pixels and your imagination

You would need electricity, or some form of power to get the modules working again.

Plus, you might even have to reboot / relogin to the security system...

• Like 1

Lol at your large "this game is in alpha" sig

They should just call it dayz alpha as the official name because its been alpha for the past two years since the start of the mod

Should rename it to Yearz lol

• Like 1

Hidden text/image.

Yeah you are right, lets stick with the state of the art cooking pot and just leave it at that. The only way you could think these are bad ideas is if your a grumpy 65yr old arrogant drunk who hates everything under the sun

Something about some people in the dayz crowd are super arrogant towards people with suggestions i noticed. Like an arrogant old alcoholic farmer or something.. Kind of like when you go to explain something to your parents and they say "ABSOLUTELY NOT" before you even get the first words out of your mouth. Being that dayz is alpha im pretty sure we bought into "EARLY ACESS" to play the role of testers who can offer input..

A lot of you guys are like overflowing with pre-prepared defensive arguments about why an idea is bad in one way or another.. Its like you are looking for a reason to discredit someones ideas.. Conservative much? What does dayz have in it now thats so great? Seriously.. tell me. I guess i shouldn't be surprised that a lot of the people here on the dayz forum act this way because 1. You have to have a certain degree of self prominence to be one of those people who make security recons around on the forum to keep people with suggestions in-line.. and second because you have to be hipster/vegan/atheis enough to be dayz fan to begin with..

I could understand people being conservative if the game was a finished masterpiece and you didn't want it to be touched... But it isn't a finished masterpiece.. So i don't get why people can be so objective to new ideas.

Edited by Inception.

Thats cool but i was thinking more like.. tall rock mountains with natural divots in the sides you can camp out in. Not caves

Maybe you can provide a picture of what your talking about exactly?

Did you watch the first video? I'm 90% sure the mountain in Cave Hunters 1 is the tallest mountain in the game. Its the perfect place to camp out in and not very deep at all.

I play golf in real life and I know what a divot is. A divot in a mountain would not be a campable area as it is far too shallow. Rain would get you easily.

My research team is making another trip north into the mountain regions. Legend has it there are more caves. We've tried to find them, to no avail.

If you provide more details on what your looking for exactly I'll keep an eye out for it while we're up there.

In the future, purifying water and boiling water will be the only way to drink it safely. Cholera has been confirmed.

Yeah you are right, lets stick with the state of the art cooking pot and just leave it at that. The only way you could think these are bad ideas is if your a grumpy 65yr old arrogant drunk who hates everything under the sun

Something about some people in the dayz crowd are super arrogant towards people with suggestions i noticed. Like an arrogant old alcoholic farmer or something.. Kind of like when you go to explain something to your parents and they say "ABSOLUTELY NOT" before you even get the first words out of your mouth. Being that dayz is alpha im pretty sure we bought into "EARLY ACESS" to play the role of testers who can offer input..

A lot of you guys are like overflowing with pre-prepared defensive arguments about why an idea is bad in one way or another.. Its like you are looking for a reason to discredit someones ideas.. Conservative much? What does dayz have in it now thats so great? Seriously.. tell me. I guess i shouldn't be surprised that a lot of the people here on the dayz forum act this way because 1. You have to have a certain degree of self prominence to be one of those people who make security recons around on the forum to keep people with suggestions in-line.. and second because you have to be hipster/vegan/atheis enough to be dayz fan to begin with..

I could understand people being conservative if the game was a finished masterpiece and you didn't want it to be touched... But it isn't a finished masterpiece.. So i don't get why people can be so objective to new ideas.

It is this kind of stuff that results in the responses you get.  Why go 'attack the full community in nonsensical rant' off of a response.  If you can't handle these kinds of responses without insulting the community at large, you are too immature for the response others were going to give.  (Like me)

• Like 1

I would love to see fire in game and acting properly. The ability to smoke survivors out of buildings, molotov groups of zombies (and be chased by them), burn buildings and have the fire extinguished by heavy rain (or even useable fire extinguishers). Probably difficult to implement, but didn't Far Cry 2 have a dynamic fire system? Maybe one day...

1. Fully fenced in military bases that can be overtaken by a group of players giving them complete control to the entrance gates and manually open/close it to let in whoever they want. Perhaps a security camera pointed at the front gate and a little button speaker to talk to the person inside.

Yes...no...both. A working security camera/speaker would need electricity, maybe if you could set up a little battery? But you still would have to have someone watching the monitors. So, why not have someone just watching the gate?^^ A nice idea, but I don't see the value here...
Barricading an existing base...well...maybe? Since barricading will come in, if your team is big enough and you put enough time and effort in it to collect everything, build it and keep it free from intruders...why not?

Caves? Some are already in as mentioned before and since the map is worked on all the time, we'll see more I'm sure ;)

3.Fully customizable wooden houses with an unlimited amount of customizations like stealing end-tables and small mirrors from buildings just to use them inside your house. (imagine seeing a player using both hands to hold a giant painting he found in a building in elektro just so he can run it back to his house and hang it on his wall lol)

Hm. Hmmmmmmmm. Well.....that's a thing that needs consideration of 3 things: Persistent objects, persistent housing and physics.

Last one is coming in, but the other two...well...persistent objects will come but not in a way that Paintings (or other objects) will stay in place for...well ever. And Housing...hm...barricading will come, barricade an existing house...

4. Actual survival- Not just soda's laying around. Players must boil water they find to disinfect it first. Or they can find the parts to make a de-salination still for their home so they can filter the salt out of ocean water. Players must find sticks and tinder to create a friction fire..

Boil water or purify it so you don't get sick: Will be in rather soon I believe. Desalination...well...not heard of any plans for it, but maybe? And matches are in, maybe other ways to light a fire will come to....who knows?

7. Little things.. Like being able to set a zombie on fire and watching it run around engulfed in flames. Or being able to wrap a shirt around the tip of a baseball bat and use it while walking down the road as a torch.

Would be fun. Haven't heard about it, but well, fire will come, maybe set something on fire will be possible at any point? About the improvised torch...hm....well....maybe?

8. Swamp part of the map with 12 inch layer of floating spooky fog

Swamps are in...well....some kind at least. And fog, I think it may come in at well ;)

What the fuck is your problem? You're making suggestions like you're begging someone, and if someone disagrees, you start crying like a little prick...  And also, why the fuck did that moderator hide my post, does he have some fucking problem too? 

I actually thought about the third suggestion, and since bases / barricades / build stuff will be implemented at some point, why not be able to decorate a bit?

There actually are some players out there who have a weird enough play style to benefit from it.

And hey, when it rains and you can't go out, why not have a fire in the fireplace with a cozy bear rug, and a nice print of DaVinci?

Why not be able to sew some curtains? They'd keep outsiders from looking in.

So, of course, would be barricading the windows.

Since I tend to hang around in a house for quite a while many days, I wish I had something to do other than read ingame books or do RL stuff (cleaning the kitchen in RL while waiting for it to stop raining in-game)

Other than that, not bad.

And let's calm down again. It's worth discussing, but not fighting over.

1. Eh, seems like way too much work. The camera part seems a little silly too.

2. I actually really like this idea. There's already big rock formations. And with rain soon-to-be an actual factor, having caves to take refuge in would be great.

3. Eh, seems a little too much like Rust. If they ad the base gear like in the Mod, I think that'll be enough.

4. I'm all for more survival, but player homes would be a bit silly, IMHO.

5. I like this idea, too. When Heli's are added, they should be able to fix up an old spotlight and put it on there. It'd make night time servers fun as hell.

6. I suppose if they fixed it up, maybe. Still a little out of the Apocalypse area, though.

7. Sounds like a lot of work but it'd be funny as all hell. I think the torch thing would be a great addition.

8. I agree. The Swamps are already creepy. Should be a layer of fog on them during rain hours. And on high spots like Green Mountain. Talk about fucking creepy.

The ability to set up a your own CCTV network system is something i really want to see.

If generators make it ingame,i don't see a problem of making this plausible.

Opening a gate with a push of a button is also a good idea,and not so unrealistic as you think.

The pros of this,would be to have excellent survelaince from a distance,without the fear of beign shot at.

One thing that needs to be added after base building is the ability I get large drums or buckets and let them fill up with water so you can purify it later.

Lol at your large "this game is in alpha" sig

They should just call it dayz alpha as the official name because its been alpha for the past two years since the start of the mod

Should rename it to Yearz lol

Robbedz

Because we stole your money and we lied to you.

This game is terrible.

I like the idea of large canisters to store water in. I would also love some way to repair a ruined screwdriver or splitting axe.

Apparently, weapon cleaning kits repair weapons (duh!), but I still have to find a Sewing kit that can repair badly damaged Backpacks.

I can't run around with a ruined backpack forever since at some point stuff may fall out of it. Why u no let me fix dis? Same goes for a rain coat. You can't fix dat up with a sewing kit.

Why u no let me fix all my stuffs? Whaa!

Edited by Demonica

For some reason I missed this the first time. Dean Hall said there will be underground bases when the game is finished. Considering there were key pads mods in some mods of the mod I wouldn't mind seeing that and its realistic/authentic. I believe this fits with your request. No need for a fence as they will be underground.

About the camera's…there was a CCTV mod for the mod. I had this on my Chernarus server and let me tell you how awesome it was. The camera's were controlled by a laptop and they had a sweeping zone. I had Cherno under surveillance, NWAF, NEAF, as well as check points I built on the roads and options for bases I had built for long standing players on my server.

I found this film of the mod on youtube.

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1

I actually found your suggestions to be actually very intriguing. Plus, if the producers are as smart as we all believe them to be, they will make it as realistic as possible, regardless of any other games on the market as they wouldn't compare it to any other.

Plus, most of you haters will reject most any idea you see, just because it isn't perfect, or the grammar is of the level of the person posting. However, most of you will die without any contributions at all, as if your life didn't even matter, namely mukaparska and yes, it takes being this cold to get to you, as your what I call, culturally corrupt, doomed to conformity, and as long as your life will last, you will never be truly happy.

Takes being this cold to get to you haters...

And Weyland, that is great to hear

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear

What the fuck is your problem? You're making suggestions like you're begging someone, and if someone disagrees, you start crying like a little prick...  And also, why the fuck did that moderator hide my post, does he have some fucking problem too? 

Your post was hidden because it was a non-constructive waste of space. Read rule #9. 

Calm the language and the attitude please.