Forrelist

Why you should be playing on Experimental.

Seriously, I highly recommend that anyone looking for the most 'genuine' experience to try playing on experimental for a while. You encounter people in all the small towns, You have to really try to get loot and explore. Server hopping is pretty useless because all the servers are mostly full. (due to the fact there are considerably less servers than stable)

In my opinion this is the DayZ experience that we will hopefully see on stable one day. You should always be in fear for your life, every town should be taken with caution and you should expect to encounter other players everywhere - including random fields and all those backwater towns.

You really value your loot and gear as well, because it is a lot harder to get and it is well-earned. It reminds me of the mod in its early days. The encounters feel much more interesting and you get a real buzz from the fights that happen.

Try it.

EDIT:

It's all fun and games but If you do decide to try this, please, please don't forget to report any new bugs that you discover on experimental, as well as how to recreate them, it helps everyone!

Edited by Forrelist
  • Like 8

+1 (if you can log in)

I enjoyed experimental for all the reasons stated prior to them taking it offline. Haven't been back in the last week or so, but was definitely a good time if you are into the 'survival' challenge. Last few times I tried none of the servers popped up - but guessing that is temporary.

• Like 1

care about your life? Rly? My life in dayz cost nothing.Loot? Pffff fap on loot is not a plot, it was stupid as f...k because you run like crazy from one town to an other, non-stop looting, just because town is full of freaks who want to punch you by bear bare hands, then you see maddness in place where axe and weapon spawns - it's school and firestation + maddness on airfield.
It's not fun, not interesting, it's stupid, i have not found anything cool in it.

The only reasons I even consider playing on experimental eate what you said but more importantly, I'm tired of finding bugs and then finding them reported already. I want to feel like I'm doing my part. Lol. Yeah I know, "upvotel.

But, I don't because there aren't enough open slots when I really want to play. More experimental servers and I might make the leap. Make experimental and stable two different steam installs so I can have both and I would be there as much as possible/available.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

care about your life? Rly? My life in dayz cost nothing.Loot? Pffff fap on loot is not a plot, it was stupid as f...k because you run like crazy from one town to an other, non-stop looting, just because town is full of freaks who want to punch you by bear bare hands, then you see maddness in place where axe and weapon spawns - it's school and firestation + maddness on airfield.

It's not fun, not interesting, it's stupid, i have not found anything cool in it.

I'm confused, why are you playing the game?

Seriously, I highly recommend that anyone looking for the most 'genuine' experience to try playing on experimental for a while. You encounter people in all the small towns, You have to really try to get loot and explore. Server hopping is pretty useless because all the servers are mostly full. (due to the fact there are considerably less servers than stable)

In my opinion this is the DayZ experience that we will hopefully see on stable one day. You should always be in fear for your life, every town should be taken with caution and you should expect to encounter other players everywhere - including random fields and all those backwater towns.

You really value your loot and gear as well, because it is a lot harder to get and it is well-earned. It reminds me of the mod in its early days. The encounters feel much more interesting and you get a real buzz from the fights that happen.

Try it.

The reason you should really be on Experimental is to find bugs and report them to the Devs and also to stress test servers/game...

It's really important people on Experimental do that because as we have seen with 0.42 things can go very wrong on stable without your/their imput regarding testing new builds/patches...

Have to admit it is tempting to play on Experimental to see all the new stuff but that's not what it's there for...

The reason you should really be on Experimental is to find bugs and report them to the Devs and also to stress test servers/game...

It's really important people on Experimental do that because as we have seen with 0.42 things can go very wrong on stable without your/their imput regarding testing new builds/patches...

Have to admit it is tempting to play on Experimental to see all the new stuff but that's not what it's there for...

To be fair I've done my fair share of that too. I've reported several wall glitch spots similar to the underground NEAF hanger that was recently fixed.

I'm confused, why are you playing the game?

Because i can hunt other ppl + it's hardcore

• Like 1

No exp. servers up currently for me.. just one server with Rocket in it, trying out his new bow and arrow.

To be fair I've done my fair share of that too. I've reported several wall glitch spots similar to the underground NEAF hanger that was recently fixed.

Fair enough mate, I wasn't implying you hadn't done any bug reports ect ect..

Just don't want people to use Experimental as normal servers because of the things I said in my previous comment...

While I'm at it I would like to thank all those players that do test for the rest of us, I have done plenty of testing in my time and I know it can be a pain in the butt filling out bug reports...

All the best

Villain

• Like 2

The thing that concerns me about post's like this is we really want people on experimental that are going to report bug's Ive reported and up voted a fair bit from being there and I feel that advertising as a more fun/better version is giving the wrong impression.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, an update released on experimental a good hour or more ago. Just waiting on servers.

• Like 1

The thing that concerns me about post's like this is we really want people on experimental that are going to report bug's Ive reported and up voted a fair bit from being there and I feel that advertising as a more fun/better version is giving the wrong impression.

Good point mate, I've edited the post to try and make a better impression.

• Like 1

I agree - no argument there - although we should probably be doing it just as much in stable as well, at least until we hit the final release. Good point regardless.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, an update released on experimental a good hour or more ago. Just waiting on servers.

Posted Today, 01:32 PM

6dcffff6117c23a60656dafafd20d204_normal.

Dean Hall @rocket2guns

With the hotfix, on experimental we are unable to reproduce the serious lag/desync, so we encourage people to help us test on experimental

View on Twitter

• Like 2

Figures! As soon as I have to leave to the real world servers come up! lol. Look forward to playing later.

Posted Today, 01:32 PM

6dcffff6117c23a60656dafafd20d204_normal.

Dean Hall @rocket2guns

With the hotfix, on experimental we are unable to reproduce the serious lag/desync, so we encourage people to help us test on experimental

View on Twitter

I just responded to rocket on twitter about this but I'll post here as well. I can at least log in without session lost but still getting horrible rubberbanding. To the point where I left a construction site running, and it took me back to the top of the stairs facing the edge (while running) and you can guess what happened next

I lost my boonie hat!

Edited by Facetentacles

can i just ask, what's the exp player cap? Still 40?

experimental servers dont reset enough. no point on playing on them when 50% of the servers have no loot, so you cant try any of the new stuff out.

There is still desync for me on the experimental, oh well. Just gotta wait

Yeah been getting it too, I don't want to risk the char I have who is hiding in Guglovo. At least I'm not getting 'SESSION LOST' anymore though.

hiding in Guglovo....Guglovo.....Guglovo

Prepare....

• Like 2