Forrelist

Why you should be playing on Experimental.

exp mostly sucks.

the "thrill" is that the servers dont constantly reset, are highly populated and have new features.

when it has been a month or more inbetween patches, like the latest patch, going exp might have been a way to counter boredom with the alpha

exp mostly sucks.

the "thrill" is that the servers dont constantly reset, are highly populated and have new features.

when it has been a month or more inbetween patches, like the latest patch, going exp might have been a way to counter boredom with the alpha

"Mostly Sucks"? That's your opinion :/ I for one find it much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Hows the desync in Exp?  I was playing "Stable" last night and wow, it was so terrible.  lol.

Every server I have been on in "stable" - same issue.  Bad lag - so it has to be a build issue.  I usually play in experimental, but as of late the servers seem to be down, or there are only a few up and they are maxed out with players.

can i just ask, what's the exp player cap? Still 40?

Some have 40, I have seen up to 50 though.

Look, I am still really noob when it comes to certain things (maybe not noob, but dumb) and I can't find the change log for experimental anywhere.  Anyone help me out there?  Is there a thread I'm missing?  

nevermind.  Today I learned that typing a highly used and extremely vague search string like "experimental" is going to produce a lot of results.  Adding changelog helped, but also hurt my pride.  

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180792-rolling-update-rev-042116181/?p=1863147

Here it is for those that are like the old me.  

Edited by MuddyRaccoon

Seriously, I highly recommend that anyone looking for the most 'genuine' experience to try playing on experimental for a while. You encounter people in all the small towns, You have to really try to get loot and explore. Server hopping is pretty useless because all the servers are mostly full. (due to the fact there are considerably less servers than stable)

In my opinion this is the DayZ experience that we will hopefully see on stable one day. You should always be in fear for your life, every town should be taken with caution and you should expect to encounter other players everywhere - including random fields and all those backwater towns.

You really value your loot and gear as well, because it is a lot harder to get and it is well-earned. It reminds me of the mod in its early days. The encounters feel much more interesting and you get a real buzz from the fights that happen.

Try it.

EDIT:

It's all fun and games but If you do decide to try this, please, please don't forget to report any new bugs that you discover on experimental, as well as how to recreate them, it helps everyone!

I've had a different experience with Experimental. Same player densities shifted towards the coast, going to the West is like strolling through a giant Wal-Mart. However, Experimental apparently runs on a different database structure which works much better. Time spent waiting on menu options to fetch and time spent jamming 0-9 keys to use your hotbar is greatly reduced.