Sign in to follow this  
symptom

Bring back Bandit Skins

I would very much like to see bandit skins back in the game. Some of us earned these skins and want to wear them.

I thought they were an elegant, if somewhat artificial mechanic. Pulling them completely with no replacement was bizarre.

This is actually the fairest argument i've seen for them yet.

I have to admit i did open the thread to tell you to STFU, as i think its a defunct mechanic that people should get the fuck over, but you raise a valid point.

Some people worked for those skins the same way others worked for a bean mountain or a motorbike. You set your own goals with your own rewards, guess looking like a murderer was one of them.

That said the whole bandit mechanic is dead, should be dead and can fuck off.

So i will support you in this, in this form:

Loads more skins to chose from on starting, and make the skin that we know of as 'Bandit' one of them.

As a survivor I can honestly say I have not earned anything. I have killed other players. I have killed many zombies. I have looted the best gear. I have lost the best gear. I have owned every vehicle in game except a Heli. I did not earn them. That is to say, I did not work hard to get them. Getting kills is as easy as looting 4 tires for you car. Jump to a populated server. Out of sheer boredom I run down the shoreline with a 240 just to watch people scatter, as I know I am not in any danger.

Bandit skin would be nice though as I would like to identify who to shoot next time I do that.

I support your post.

Instead of having just bandit skins\outfits... I think there should be more in general when spawning in... a lot more outfits in Arma 2 than just those damn PMC with hat ones. Differentiation in the beginning would be nice.

Would be funny if the new bandit skin was the terrorist one from Arma 2...

On a serious note, I wouldn't be opposed to the skin coming back but we must remember it does discriminate against those who just acted in self defense before actually being shot at... sometimes, it is justified.

Would be funny if the new bandit skin was the terrorist one from Arma 2...

Bandits are the fecking boogeyman of DayZ, they only exist in peoples minds.

There should never be a new 'bandit' indicator, but there should be more variety of skins. I'm pretty sure that every survivor didn't look like a rambler.

Maybe give bandits a choice?

You lowlife piece of shit murderer......will you don an outfit to show the world what you really are?

You lowlife piece of shit murderer......

Oh i'm sure its always been self-defense for you right? :angel:

PFFT.

I don't agree that they should be back to the way they were...

But I would absolutely love it if they were skins that you could find, like the camo and ghillie skins.

There is still a way to tell who is a bandit; Put your crosshairs over them. If you hear your heart rapidly beating, kill them/run away as they have murders. The more murders the bandit has, the faster your heart beats.

There is still a way to tell who is a bandit; Put your crosshairs over them. If you hear your heart rapidly beating' date=' kill them/run away as they have murders. The more murders the bandit has, the faster your heart beats.

[/quote']

^^this

also i think that putting back the bandit skin mechanic would close the door on so many more mechanics that could be put in place with different clothing items, not just for camo, but for combating the environmental changes, such as a wooly jumper for cold, or a light summers dress, or even some way of having a particular survival/bandit group with their own unique skin.

I personally don't really notice a heart beat when I'm too focused on aimmimg back at someone with a gun. It's hard to tell in that heat of the moment and waiting for a heart beat will often leave you dead. Just offer us more skins to choose from and let the player ultimately judge the character of someone.

What happens to all the camo and ghillie suits? Plus there are plenty of survivors who kill bandits in self defense. Do they automatically get pooled into the bandit label because they defended themselves. And now they become targeted.

No

Lootable bandit suit would be cool though.

IMHO it should be brought back in the same way as Ghillie Suits and Camo, except make it like a Barracks only spawn or something, make it the rare clothing, I want it for nostalgia reasons.

Maybe give bandits a choice?

You lowlife piece of shit murderer......will you don an outfit to show the world what you really are?

Why yes, Yes I would don an outfit showing the world of DayZ that Im a player killer. I would like to give my victims an edge to knowing what I am. That way they have a fighting chance, rather than guessing whether I am going to kill them or let them live. By the way, Ill be in Zelenogorsk for most of the day today on US 155 Kansas 1. If anyone would like to pk with me or try to come find me for a bandit kill, please do so. I'm always up for a challenge.

I have skype if anyone would like to add me to a friend list for friendly pvp and exploration.

I'm all for this or at least giving us more variety in skins. There's plenty of Chedaki/Insurgent skins in the vanilla Arma game than those ugly PMC skins and the BAF camo in its variations.

This may be a bit much, but instead of everyone having a green name tag in game, why not give bandits a RED name tag? Would be cool to get that too.

"Bring back our visual crutch which makes next to zero impact in the useful indentification of players!"

Yeah, add Super Mario coins we can collect while you're at it.

There is still a way to tell who is a bandit; Put your crosshairs over them. If you hear your heart rapidly beating' date=' kill them/run away as they have murders. The more murders the bandit has, the faster your heart beats.

[/quote']

you would be dead before you are even close enough.

This may be a bit much' date=' but instead of everyone having a green name tag in game, why not give bandits a RED name tag? Would be cool to get that too.

[/quote']

This must be the best suggestion so far on the bandit problem. +1