Roger Moore

Anti Stab Vest

I recently aquired an Anti-stab vest. Does the vest have any benefits over the vests with 8 slots? I am not sure of which one to keep.

I'm pretty sure it protects you better than the other vests in-game. Bullets won't do as much damage while you're wearing it.

• Like 1

Negative.  Anti-Stab vests provide generally worse protection than the assault vests.  go with one of those stupid-looking camo vests that carry stuff.

A Youtube user Wobo made some experiments that explain the protective benefits of chest armor.  It's a 3-piece series.

Edited by nettles
  • Like 4

Negative.  Anti-Stab vests provide generally worse protection than the assault vests.  go with one of those stupid-looking camo vests that carry stuff.

Is it the same for the press vest too?

Is it the same for the press vest too?

He covers that in the 3rd episode of the series of experiments towards the beginning of the episode.

The anti-stab vest does not absorb as much damage as the press vest.

Edited by nettles
  • Like 2

Do you mind telling me where you found it plz?

The antistab and press vests are uncommon loot that can be found in train stations and shipwrecks.  They can't be repaired.

Edited by nettles
  • Like 1

He covers that in the 3rd episode of the series of experiments towards the beginning of the episode.

The anti-stab vest does not absorb as much damage as the press vest.

Ahh this opens my eyes. Thanks for the link, it was very informative. Glad I didn't throw down my assault vest for a damaged press vest now!

The rarest item in the game. I've found everything else but this. None of my peoples have found one either. The holy grail of DayZ.

The rarest item in the game. I've found everything else but this. None of my peoples have found one either. The holy grail of DayZ.

They are pretty uncommon, but it's only because they spawn in certain locations.  I've found several of both without looking for them specifically. (Probably because I have 400 hours logged on DayZ.... :I )

in 200 hours I have found 2 press vests and 0 stab vests. The two press vests I've found were in train stations. I'm sure when someone see my friend and I walking down the road each with a press vest they"ll automatically think we must be server hoppers :P we have yet to be shot in them so no idea how they work out besides the info in those videos!

Edited by escobert

Im currently rocking a worn press vest myself, found it in a police station.

Are ballistic vests currently in the game?

Are ballistic vests currently in the game?

I haven't seen anything called a ballistic vest.  There used to be Tactical Vests that spawned in military locations but I've yet to find one since January. I threw mine out since it was ruined but I wished I would have kept it.

Contrary to the video, my perosnal experience shows that anti-stab vest is a great deal, helped me to survive 5-6 direct hits in the chest area from M4. The guy atackig me was so surprised that he stoped shooting for a few seconds expecting me to fall unconcious. In-turn assualt vest (8 slots) takes only 1-2 direct hits from M4 until it gets ruined and no longer protects you. Also, Dayz wiki says that those vests should protect you from low-calibre bullets.

Press Vest should be very good, it was proven effective in Ukraine. :D

• Like 1

my Brother got shot several times on wensday night with an m4 ( broken arm, bleeding like hell ) but he survived  he says,  because of his pressvest  ( that now of course is ruined )

i also have a pressvest on and i wont drop it for a assault vest NO WAY ( i ran my ass off for that blue rag ) 

my Brother got shot several times on wensday night with an m4 ( broken arm, bleeding like hell ) but he survived  he says,  because of his pressvest  ( that now of course is ruined )

i also have a pressvest on and i wont drop it for a assault vest NO WAY ( i ran my ass off for that blue rag ) 

Contrary to the video, my perosnal experience shows that anti-stab vest is a great deal, helped me to survive 5-6 direct hits in the chest area from M4. The guy atackig me was so surprised that he stoped shooting for a few seconds expecting me to fall unconcious. In-turn assualt vest (8 slots) takes only 1-2 direct hits from M4 until it gets ruined and no longer protects you. Also, Dayz wiki says that those vests should protect you from low-calibre bullets.

I don't wear vests at all and on several different occasions I've been barraged with M4 rounds and was fine afterward.  It's actually not got as much stopping power as you might think. It took nearly half a 40-round mag to stop some cracked-out tweaker from axe murdering me the other day and all he had on was a clown mask and a rain coat. what's with kids' aversion to wearing pants?

And the information in the wiki is untrue. If you watch the video I posted wherein WOBO tests the press/anti stab vests you'll see that the test dummy wearing the vest actually dies in one hit from a .45.

The first time i found a press vest, I grabbed it on my way to a mission with my player group. We were clearing bandits from NEAF for the server, and i lead the assault. Took a mosin bullet dead center of my chest, and didnt go unconscious or die. So press vests all the way.

The first time i found a press vest, I grabbed it on my way to a mission with my player group. We were clearing bandits from NEAF for the server, and i lead the assault. Took a mosin bullet dead center of my chest, and didnt go unconscious or die. So press vests all the way.

Have you ever been shot in the chest with a mosin without wearing a vest?  There's a lot of factors to consider when comparing equipment. Were you hit by zombies at all before hand? Is your character well fed and healthy? Were you moving or still?  

Have you ever been shot in the chest with a mosin without wearing a vest?  There's a lot of factors to consider when comparing equipment. Were you hit by zombies at all before hand? Is your character well fed and healthy? Were you moving or still?  

I was in good health, normal hunger and thirst, and was crouching.

@ nettles

working or not 

that pressvest gives me the confidence that somtimes is needed to turn a battle.