Sign in to follow this  
sabre05

Concerning rain.

This is a suggestions list concerning rain and such. I know it has literally only just been introduced to stable branch and will be worked on in the coming months, but this is just a list of things I'd like to see/see changed. 

So lets get started. 

Different moisture levels to types of rain

By this I mean how fast you get wet from being perfectly dry in different types of rain. For now as soon as you step foot in the naughty old rain you get the damp notification. I suggest holding off the notification of dampness for about 30 seconds in light rain and 5-10ish in heavy rain.

More waterproof clothing/accessories

As far as I'm aware there are only raincoats that give immunity to getting wet (in that one piece of clothing). In the future I'd like to see the implementation of waterproof pants/cargo pant verities of numerous colours. (Yellow, green, orange etc.)  

Now for accessories, I'd like to see a waterproof net being added that can be draped over your bag at the cost of 2-4 slots (In the bag itself) allowing your backpack to keep its items dry, and maybe a hooded waterproof mac that takes the place of tactical vests and chest holsters (and maybe hats) to keep you dry.

Getting dry

I know you can get dry by running around in the sun after the rain stops and sitting by a camp fire (Though I've never been able to make one or see one be made.) But I was just on a server where it rained for 40 minutes none stop and I was either confined in the building I happened to be in when it started(for 10 minutes), or (and this is what I did shortly after) run around getting absolutely soaked from head to toe in the hopes it stops and you can dry off. 

I ran around with the purpose of finding a little propane tank and a cooking hob. I combined the 2 and turned it on, sat by it for a good 5 minutes and my dampness didn't diminish in the slightest. I suggest with this that the cans are made to dry you off but at 50% the rate of a camp fire.

I'd like to see a waterproof net being added 

so here's a net

fishing-net-by-jpkwitter.JPG

How on earth do you make this waterproof????!?!  :D

• Like 1

You are getting wet

You have stopped getting wet

You are getting wet

You are getting wet

You are getting wet

You are getting wet

You are getting wet

• Like 2

so here's a net

How on earth do you make this waterproof????!?!  :D

I meant a mesh. Thing.

I hate you!!  :(

I meant a mesh. Thing.

I hate you!!  :(

Here's some mesh...

mesh-image.jpg

It looks as waterproof as the net!

LOL!

Sorry. couldn't resist  :D

• Like 2

Here's some mesh...

It looks as waterproof as the net!

LOL!

Sorry. couldn't resist  :D

FINE! YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE!!!

A waterproof canvas

• Like 1

Should be able to cut a few holes in a trash bag and put it over your person or backpack.

Do a dance to stop rain!

Also ponchos and other rainproof gear is a must

hopefully thay will add fireplaces soon, i want that, and also, thay added rabbit legs, can i hunt rabbits?

This is a suggestions list concerning rain and such. I know it has literally only just been introduced to stable branch and will be worked on in the coming months, but this is just a list of things I'd like to see/see changed. 

So lets get started. 

Different moisture levels to types of rain

By this I mean how fast you get wet from being perfectly dry in different types of rain. For now as soon as you step foot in the naughty old rain you get the damp notification. I suggest holding off the notification of dampness for about 30 seconds in light rain and 5-10ish in heavy rain.

More waterproof clothing/accessories

As far as I'm aware there are only raincoats that give immunity to getting wet (in that one piece of clothing). In the future I'd like to see the implementation of waterproof pants/cargo pant verities of numerous colours. (Yellow, green, orange etc.)  

Now for accessories, I'd like to see a waterproof net being added that can be draped over your bag at the cost of 2-4 slots (In the bag itself) allowing your backpack to keep its items dry, and maybe a hooded waterproof mac that takes the place of tactical vests and chest holsters (and maybe hats) to keep you dry.

Getting dry

I know you can get dry by running around in the sun after the rain stops and sitting by a camp fire (Though I've never been able to make one or see one be made.) But I was just on a server where it rained for 40 minutes none stop and I was either confined in the building I happened to be in when it started(for 10 minutes), or (and this is what I did shortly after) run around getting absolutely soaked from head to toe in the hopes it stops and you can dry off. 

I ran around with the purpose of finding a little propane tank and a cooking hob. I combined the 2 and turned it on, sat by it for a good 5 minutes and my dampness didn't diminish in the slightest. I suggest with this that the cans are made to dry you off but at 50% the rate of a camp fire.

I agree with the "Different moisture levels to types of rain". It is certainly ridiculous that my outfit gets "damp" relatively quickly even though it's light rain.