Sign in to follow this  
korpisoturi (DayZ)

Ballistic helmet painting not working?

In latest patch notes had the following:

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Just tried and can't get it to work, am I doing something very wrong here or is it bugged?

Your experiences?

EDIT: Possibility that "old" pre-patch ballistic helmets cannot be painted

Edited by korpisoturi

In latest patch notes had the following:

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Just tried and can't get it to work, am I doing something very wrong here or is it bugged?

Your experiences?

EDIT: Possibility that "old" pre-patch ballistic helmets cannot be painted

It works but the problem is WHAT IF I WANT TO PAINT MY HELMET BLUE?!!!! They need to add more than just the black and green to the color scheme for painting weapons and stuff.

As others have said, pre-patch helmets can't be painted, I had one in my bag for weeks waiting on the patch, tried painting it yesterday, didn't work, dropped the helmet, found a new one and painted it with no problems.

As others have said, pre-patch helmets can't be painted, I had one in my bag for weeks waiting on the patch, tried painting it yesterday, didn't work, dropped the helmet, found a new one and painted it with no problems.

Its allot harder to find pristine ballistic helms iv noticed. Went for a few hours around places and could only find a damaged one at best.

Its allot harder to find pristine ballistic helms iv noticed. Went for a few hours around places and could only find a damaged one at best.

I've heared you can fix it with a sowing kit, not tested this though.

Ill try it in a minute when i log in.

try dragging the pain can onto the helmet in your invantory.  tryed everything to get it to work earlyer today and gave up thinking it didnt work.  mate logs on and did that and it worked,  i tryed it with my pre patch Ballistic helmet and it worked so yeah  derp.

Edited by KaidenOZ

I must be lucky, found a pristine black helmet in a barn about 20 mins after logging in after the update!

I must be lucky, found a pristine black helmet in a barn about 20 mins after logging in after the update!

Yeah that is VERY VERY rare. You can find military grade gear and weapons sometimes but its again VERY rare in barns. lol

Yeah that is VERY VERY rare. You can find military grade gear and weapons sometimes but its again VERY rare in barns. lol

Then it shall be my lucky hat until I get ventilated!

• Like 1

No you cant fix ballistic helms with sewing kits yet same with press vest. Found one and its in badly damaged but i cant use it on ether of them yet.

No you cant fix ballistic helms with sewing kits yet same with press vest. Found one and its in badly damaged but i cant use it on ether of them yet.

Why would you be able to fix a ballistic helmet with a sewing kit...? The same goes for any vests with kevlar. You can't fix kevlar with a needle and thread...

I don't follow your logic.

Why would you be able to fix a ballistic helmet with a sewing kit...? The same goes for any vests with kevlar. You can't fix kevlar with a needle and thread...

I don't follow your logic.

If you only read me and didnt read the chat before than you missed what he said. I tried it because he said it should work and i wanted to verify that it didnt so i tried it.

However hopefully something will be put in that can fix all weapons and gear properly.

• Like 1

If you only read me and didnt read the chat before than you missed what he said. I tried it because he said it should work and i wanted to verify that it didnt so i tried it.

However hopefully something will be put in that can fix all weapons and gear properly.

No I didn't say it would work. I only heard that it did work, I doubted it and now you've confirmed it lol.

No I didn't say it would work. I only heard that it did work, I doubted it and now you've confirmed it lol.

Oh no your not to blame sometimes they sneak stuff in you know lol. Besides were in alpha so anything can happen. XD

• Like 1