Rick1633

Why did they change everything about zombies but the worst problems?

the way it is right now it's just a cluster fuck of zombies in every town because they see through walls.. they have eyes on back of their heads and they walk through everything.. 

why did they make it like this? because making them respawn is much easier then coding proper game mechanics.. something this dev team has a lot of trouble with.

I hate the new zombies... I had 5 invisible ones randomly spawn, destroy my trousers and then dissapear WTF? Then I had another visible zombie hit me once causing me to bleed and ruining my hoodie! I wouldn't mind this if the server didn't lag, the zombies didn't randomly spawn in front of you and they didn't walk through and hit you through walls and floors. Yes it is alpha but why would you concentrate on adding more when they are buggy as hell, they should of concentrated on fixing them first or even better instead of working on respawning zombies, work on respawning loot to solve the server hopping issue as servers won't have to restart all the time!

They took the laziest route to make zombies more challenging.  Why bother if it destroys the realism?   What was the experience cost of adding both the respawning of zombies in a lazy way bothering to change their aim but not their collision?

You are happy that broken zombies are glitching through the walls and now with the added bonus of spawning like a shitty japanese House of The Dead arcade game?   You are glad the immersion of realism was further destroyed because the devs are too incompetent to fix collision of zombies for trying out a broken ass respawning experiment?   

Dont get me wrong, I want zeds to be hard, but not at the expense of immersion.    Its so fake when they dont use the same physics.

Are you criticising the deveopment of this alpha and the choises the dev teams are doing??? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THAT. Its not like you have payed for.......wait .....never mind.All we are allowed to say is GREAT JOB, ROCKET.

Edited by JonySK

Are you criticising the deveopment of this alpha and the choises the dev teams are doing??? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THAT. Its not like you have payed for.......wait .....never mind.All we are allowed to say is GREAT JOB, ROCKET.

Sure, we all paid for it. No one forced anyone to buy and the disclaimer was presented loud and clear before purchase. That being said, people are allowed to bitch and moan, in fact, that's what most people do best. So by all means, continue to do so, just don't act all surprised an angry when the majority of rational people point out for the thousandth time that you agreed you were buying a game in an unfinished state.

tl;dr- You have the right to complain, you don't have the right to pretend you were ripped off because you agreed to buy an incomplete work.

Sure, we all paid for it. No one forced anyone to buy and the disclaimer was presented loud and clear before purchase. That being said, people are allowed to bitch and moan, in fact, that's what most people do best. So by all means, continue to do so, just don't act all surprised an angry when the majority of rational people point out for the thousandth time that you agreed you were buying a game in an unfinished state.

tl;dr- You have the right to complain, you don't have the right to pretend you were ripped off because you agreed to buy an incomplete work.

You didn't read what I said, did you?. I said nothing about "getting ripped off". We are allowed to critcise the choises the dev team is doing and the direction the game is taking. As you said its an incomplete game. That's why we need to say our opinion about the direction of the games development.

Whoa, you don't LOVE DayZ? You must a PvP'ing CoD Fag!

Jesus, people. He's right. I don't like seeing Zeds glitch in and out of walls either. I mean, yeah, it's Alpha. Doesn't always mean OP is a 12 year old CoD kiddie.

No, but it does mean he's bitching like one.

Are they still an issue or were zombies hotfixed? They seemed fine just now.

I don't agree with the OP but all of you saying "alpha :^)" should stop already. 

ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA.

People saying they like the zombies now must be getting really lucky. I like the fact that now there are usually more zombies around. I do not like the fact that the zombies can respawn within inches of you, already aggroed to you, completely silent, and make no noise until they hit you. I was literally running earlier and on 4 seperate occasions i cleared the area and began running only to have a zed spawn on top of me and whack me. And now since they actually do a lot of damage (1 whack brings me from healthy, hydrated, energized, with pristine gear, to bleeding) makes this a problem. It would be great they spawned but could only respawn a certain distance away, at least not right on top of you. Hell one time today i even had an invisible zombie where i heard it yelping, i kept looking in 360 around me constantly, then finally i got whacked and then it appeared. It was like it respawned, already aggroed at me, but the games engine didnt render its image until it was already attacking. This makes the respawn system very annoying, and dare i say it, gamebreaking atm.  Its one thing to implement respawns to increase zombies, and increase their damage to help people be afraid of them, its another thing to allow them to respawn directly on top of someone, be completely silent, and even sometimes invisible.

If you have any experience with these forums, you'll recognize Rick, the OP, and why he gets flamed.

All he does is bash DayZ and then try and act like a marketer for other games.

Lol ... I would normally defend someone posting something and getting responses as such, considering hes not really saying he doesnt want zombies to be hard, just would rather of seen them fixed first other than adding more first.  (Which by the way Rick, would have been a much more gentle constructive way to post your frustrations.)

However for the reasons stated above, I retract.

All he does is bash DayZ and then try and act like a marketer for other games.

I've theorized that hes a developer of star citizen incognito, but thats just me.

Hello there

These are not "the new zombies" they are an undergoing WIP.

Expect them to break and or be unfinished, fly, transform into tampons, delete your character and anything else.

Im closing this as its more a rant than constructive feedback.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1