Sign in to follow this  
NitroSoldier

Session Lost FIX

To all the 1000's of dayz players out there getting SESSION LOST i am here to fix your problems.

Ok deep breath here goes...Everyone who played in EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS have this problem SESSION LOST because we have the BAD DATA OR USING CUSTOM START UP COMMANDS E.G. in " SET LAUNCH OPTION" in steam e.g.

mouseSmoothing=0 -nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=2 -maxMem-8192 -exThreads=4

FIX #1 = CLEAR Set Launch options.

FIX #2 = DELETE DAYZ LOCAL CONTENT AND CHECK HARD DRIVE AND DELETE ANYTHING Dayz Related Then RESET PC Then RE DOWNLOAD GAME.

FIX #3 = Dont Use TeamSpeak or Skype or Steam Call or Mumble or Ventrillo

FIX #4 = Verify your Dayz Files Thru Steam seems to work for me and others! <-----------------

FIX #5 = you must die and lose your old gear

FIX #6 = once you log onto a server laydown for 10mins to let your character marinate like a BBQ before moving

i suggest you try each tip you feel comfortable with before using the extreme delete local content

Edited by NitroSoldier

Waiting for someone else to confirm this. I haven't played yet today, but I will be later and I would rather deal with fixing this problem before I get too into it. I have only ever played stable, so theoretically I'm okay, but some of my friends play both.

doesn't seem legit... i don't have anything in Set Launch, and i'm sure as hell not gonna start redownloading the game now. i'm just gonna deal with it, and wait for official response to this matter.

• Like 2

Try verifying steam data before deleting and reinstalling the whole thing.

• Like 1

dont know if ist help here.

i had Problems with utube and deactivated the IPv6-Function of my networkcard.

suddenly i had the full potential of my Internet and i got the feeeling it helped dayz too. 16ms ping no desync and 700+ bandwith.

( i have fiberglas Internet Connection - Speed of light bro's :)

Edited by Ozar

Hehe, if you've done all three things, then you have no idea which one fixed the issue, have you? Or if it even had anything to do with the problem.

Not the very best troubleshooting method.

Got startup parameters, was in Skype, never joined in on Experimental.

No problems at all, but my friend does, and he's been playing on Experimental quite frequently.

EDIT: Scratch that. Unplayable right now. Zombies and players warping around & standing still, session lost, reconnect, Waiting for host.

Edited by Konna

Could not play on Experimental last night for longer than 10 min a session. Kicked from server, rejoin back on beach. Tried 2-3 different servers multiple times. Lag would get progressively worse, until total lock-up, and kick.

RE DOWNLOAD GAME.

That really necessary step?

Only time I get session lost, is when I launch the game, then launch xsplit. As long as I launch xsplit first, I have no problems.

Started having this issue after the patch today, Dayz stops receiving and i am unable to jump, pick up items or anything. Until either i get disconnected (session lost) or things speed up and go back to normal like a big lag spike which mostly kills me because of zombies teleporting.. anyone else having this issue since patch?

Edited by Cellar

Started having this issue after the patch today, Dayz stops receiving and i am unable to jump, pick up items or anything. Until either i get disconnected (session lost) or things speed up and go back to normal like a big lag spike which mostly kills me because of zombies teleporting.. anyone else having this issue since patch?

same here :(

To all the 1000's of dayz players out there getting SESSION LOST i am here to fix your problems.

Ok deep breath here goes...Everyone who played in EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS have this problem SESSION LOST because we have the BAD DATA OR USING CUSTOM START UP COMMANDS E.G. in " SET LAUNCH OPTION" in steam e.g.

mouseSmoothing=0 -nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=2 -maxMem-8192 -exThreads=4

FIX #1 = CLEAR Set Launch options.

FIX #2 = DELETE DAYZ LOCAL CONTENT AND CHECK HARD DRIVE AND DELETE ANYTHING Dayz Related Then RESET PC Then RE DOWNLOAD GAME.

FIX #3 = Dont Use TeamSpeak or Skype or Steam Call or Mumble or Ventrillo

Now i have Talked to MANY players with this problem of session lost and i found out that PLAYERS that ONLY play STABLE are UNINFECTED.

ALSO DONT USE CUSTOM SET LAUNCH OPTIONS OK PEOPLE!

Sure...

Its seems like a patch problem: https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/statuses/446235437439668224

Try verifying steam data before deleting and reinstalling the whole thing.

That was the first thing I did and got dropped again first game I joined

test bump

i suggest you try each tip you feel comfortable with before using the extreme delete local content

Edited by NitroSoldier

test bump

where do you gather these ideas? i'm tempted to try dying and losing gear, since most of it is pre-patch...

i also like the BBQ tip

Edited by komadose

Anecdotal solutions are unlikely to be helpful, especially since this has been acknowledged to be a patch issue.

Stop spewing these useless suggestions. Next you'll suggest that a full windows reinstall will help.

• Like 1