Sign in to follow this  
Tom Foxxy

Vehicle idea (Dayz Standalone)

I have an idea for vehicles for Dayz Standalone that Dayz Epoch gave me.

A player should be able to lock his/her vehicle (A player would get the key from using a key maker kit on their car.)

If that vehicle is locked when the player logs out, it will spawn with them in the same location when entering another server or rejoining the server.

If your vehicle is not locked when you leave the server, it will stay in that server and not de-spawn.

If you are killed before being able to lock your vehicle, the killer can take the key from your body and claim your vehicle for themselves by locking it.

Players can lockpick (from a lockpick item which would be very rare) your car to unlock it, then make a key for themselves and lock your vehicle, making it theirs. That way, players cannot just leave their vehicles laying around without fear of someone taking it.

You should also be able to force handcuffed people to get into your car (Maybe you could put them in the trunk so they can't see where you're driving?)

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Thoughts?

• Like 1

And if i see your locked car i will just smash the window and steal it. Just a bit sarcasm. DayZ is to realistic for this.

• Like 1

Well it's planned that you will be able to have a crazy amount of different parts to put on your car. Maybe you could put reinforced window panels on it?

Also, that wouldn't give you the key to start the car. It would only let you in.

The addition of military vehicles would also solve that issue.

Edited by Tom Foxxy

Well it's planned that you will be able to have a crazy amount of different parts to put on your car. Maybe you could put reinforced window panels on it?

This was Sarcasm it was more or less a joke that should show you how stupid and unrealistic this suggestion is. I mean that your vehicel gets transportet into other databases so you can play on an other server would break immersion and it would bring us to something like server hopper do in the moment just put stuff in the car and join an other server. So vehicels should server addicted. And second its just totally unrealistic i mean there is a car with "reinforced windows", and that should prevent you to open it? Epoch itself was unrealistc but funny sometimes but this has nothing to do with DayZ.

Edited by Jeer

How about vehicles and bases are untouchable if the player(s) that own them are not online. That way you can log off without having to worry about Dayz and take full responsibility whenever you have time to play. Perhaps a 5 minute timer before invulnerability kicks in to avoid loot protection logging. Owning a vehicle is done by getting in the driver seat.

edit:

Ways to protect your vehicle and ways to negate protection are nice but atm not critical. Lets just say that if you leave your vehicle unattended, I should be able to find a way in.

In case of death, ownership resets.

Edited by mgc

All those leftover cars from people will be open and the key is lost. You really cant lock it like in epoch --> ruins realism. You dont just find the key from the car as it was waiting for you.

Or how about we keep dayz vehicles the way they should be.... accessible by everyone. C'mon, really? locking and unlocking of doors? i could easily just take my FireAxe, Smash the window, and hotwire the damn thing. :s

Just saying.

Or how about we keep dayz vehicles the way they should be.... accessible by everyone. C'mon, really? locking and unlocking of doors? i could easily just take my FireAxe, Smash the window, and hotwire the damn thing. :s

Just saying.

Most people think hotwiring involves touching some conveniently bare wires underneath the steering column will start a car and disable the steering lock.

If you don't know what you're doing, it just makes a horrible mess that someone like me has to fix when it comes in to get repaired.

Just dont get too family with your vehicles cause Im going to burn every vehicle that I see for the good of nature.

Vote no because I also find it better solution to have all vehicles accessible to everyone. It is really easy to hotwire old cars so making them inaccessible by locking door and taking key would not add much to realism. You could do it but it would be easy to access it without key.