Rancor

Again no word about loot respawn

Loot respawning isn't a big deal. Just go explore outside of the coast and find loot. Permanent day servers restart every 4 hours right that's plenty of time to find loot.

Respawning loot is yet another care bear feature that isn't needed.

Bullshit.

Loot respawn is a core mechanic of such a game

Edited by Rancor
  • Like 1

Yeah this should be a high priority imo, I'm tired of the whole server restart every x hours and server hopping going on.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf

Havent you heard? Rocket ran off with all of the money, so no loot respawn 4 u.

Edited by So Sexy

Bullshit.

Loot respawn is a core mechanic of such a game

Only if the loot spawns random - i hate knowing where i can get specific items at a set time...

Hi Folks,

Today they showed us all the nice things that are going to happen in the very near future. Really cool Stuff !!! Great Work so far !!

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/79960438354/weekly-report-a-step-into-survival

But sadly, again, there is no word about the loot respawn

Is it so unimportant to them, that they never really mentioned it ?

Currently i am playing the Dayz Mod.. Regardless of the issues the mod has, it feels so good, that you can never know what loot is behind the next corner.

In the SA you see open doors and pass along them, because you know that there is nothing left..

I really like the SA, but this issues keeps me away from playing the SA,.

Sorry for bad english ^^ no native speaker

I'd personally like to see more wool hats and soft drinks in the game

Only if the loot spawns random - i hate knowing where i can get specific items at a set time...

Bloody better be random or I'm writing a strongly worded letter to Dean, hell I might even think about sending it.

Right now, what is the point in stopping at houses with open doors or looking for a weapon in any place other then military airfields, piano houses, school buildings, or places where you are guaranteed a weapon spawn?

The loot system should work like this-

Certain areas have a higher chance of spawning specific loot. Military gear is more common at military places, but not exclusive. Etc. Etc.

Any area has a chance to spawn an item or weapon. The chance is just lower then other areas. For example, a house that you've never once saw a .22 spawn in could spawn a .22, but only has a small chance to.

Right now, civilian weaponry is limited to specific spawns which most vet players know about. There is no reason to search any other civilian houses for civilian weapons when you know they don't spawn them.

In my honest opinion, all houses should have a chance of spawning civilian weapons and loot. You should also be able to find civilian versions of Military weapons like the AR-15 (very rarely) in civilian homes. What I am saying is, expand civilian weaponry and randomize how the loot respawns. Nowadays I run right towards a piano house when I see one as I know guns spawn in there. That yellow house? No thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Today they showed us all the nice things that are going to happen in the very near future. Really cool Stuff !!! Great Work so far !!

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/79960438354/weekly-report-a-step-into-survival

But sadly, again, there is no word about the loot respawn

Is it so unimportant to them, that they never really mentioned it ?

Currently i am playing the Dayz Mod.. Regardless of the issues the mod has, it feels so good, that you can never know what loot is behind the next corner.

In the SA you see open doors and pass along them, because you know that there is nothing left..

I really like the SA, but this issues keeps me away from playing the SA,.

Sorry for bad english ^^ no native speaker

Man I'm drooling for that Ak.

Right now, what is the point in stopping at houses with open doors or looking for a weapon in any place other then military airfields, piano houses, school buildings, or places where you are guaranteed a weapon spawn?

The loot system should work like this-

Certain areas have a higher chance of spawning specific loot. Military gear is more common at military places, but not exclusive. Etc. Etc.

Any area has a chance to spawn an item or weapon. The chance is just lower then other areas. For example, a house that you've never once saw a .22 spawn in could spawn a .22, but only has a small chance to.

Right now, civilian weaponry is limited to specific spawns which most vet players know about. There is no reason to search any other civilian houses for civilian weapons when you know they don't spawn them.

In my honest opinion, all houses should have a chance of spawning civilian weapons and loot. You should also be able to find civilian versions of Military weapons like the AR-15 (very rarely) in civilian homes. What I am saying is, expand civilian weaponry and randomize how the loot respawns. Nowadays I run right towards a piano house when I see one as I know guns spawn in there. That yellow house? No thanks.

Whenever I made this suggestion of any loot having potential to spawn anywhere (with significantly low chances of military gear spawning outside if military bases), I get yelled at as though I'm mentally handicap.

Apparently if a zombie apocalypse happened, the military would always be in military bases and their guns would never leave the compounds, even when they got overrun.

Military personnel would never leave the bases, and if they did they would never be killed!! And let's say, for argument's sake, they did get killed, all their military equipment would get up off their bodies and walk back to base to properly hide under bunk beds.

• Like 1

Whenever I made this suggestion of any loot having potential to spawn anywhere (with significantly low chances of military gear spawning outside if military bases), I get yelled at as though I'm mentally handicap.

Apparently if a zombie apocalypse happened, the military would always be in military bases and their guns would never leave the compounds, even when they got overrun.

Military personnel would never leave the bases, and if they did they would never be killed!! And let's say, for argument's sake, they did get killed, all their military equipment would get up off their bodies and walk back to base to properly hide under bunk beds.

Naw man. They just gathered all their shit and bailed. Latah suckas

Yes you are right. Things should spawn random. I would be so nice,when it would be worth to look everywhere... :)

Edited by Rancor

Well....well. Nothing I can argue about here. You're right on this one (as I always said :P )

Even client side respawns would be better at this point....

Well...at this point the server restart loot spawn is the thing that was possible without (extreme) flaws it seems. But again: Loot respawn was said to be in work, it's high on the priority list and the only given ETA for it was "soon". So...let's wait & see. I know, I'd also like to have it in sooner but...yeah. Ranting will not make it come sooner, so why get upset :)

Im just getting upset about the lack of communication about it, not the fact that we dont have it yet. Its a base mechanic of every simple MMO. Im fairly sure that the Dev team knows the importance of it and thus the lack of information makes me really worried. 

Edited by KT zu Guttenberg

I honestly don't understand why people make such a big deal about loot respawning. 

I find items just fine. Take your time and learn where to look for particular stuff, and stop roaming around in full servers. You'll never find anything there.

As much as i love looting around myself, i just don't find it necessary to be spawning constantly.

And yes, i know they're gonna implement it at some point, but why rush it?

Edited by Konna

Aaaaaaaaaaah, ok.

That's something I can understand totally, since I also love to be informed and collect every little bit of information I can (hell, I reactivated my twitter & tumblr account and went back to reddit for the first time in years because of this game ;) )

Somewhere on reddit Hicks said about this topic "No ETA, because people always get angry when it isn't kept."...so yeah, I think we will see it soon (the update after the update maybe?) and he can't give any other ETA than "Soon" even if he would.

Edit:

@Konna: Just to make it clear: This thread is NOT "Respawn, because it's too difficult to find stuff", which, as we know, is BS. It's about that Loot respawn is needed as a thing to keep a server going, somethign against server hoppers etc. etc.

Edited by LaughingJack

Yep thats exactly what i ment. Before SA everything was handled client side and this created alot of exploitable situations, i totally understand the move to the server side. BUT it was never stated anywhere that they are confident that the engine is able to handle this. This leads me to the conclusion that the task is way more complex then initially estimated by the dev team. This would also explain the lack of information on this part because frankly it seems they dont know therselves if this is even going to work. I know im being pessimistic on this topic and i really hope its just me doing false claims then anything else. I hope there wont be a day where the devs announce that the engine cant handle it and loot respawns are never implemented.

Edited by KT zu Guttenberg

Hm, maybe I can calm you down on this one :)

It is already announced and worked on, but afaik they had to rebuild the whole process of spawning (no more bubble spawning and loot cycling as in the mod) and Loot respawning is handled from a similar agent as Z spawning (not from the actual when and how it spawns but programming-wise...if you want i can go into detail of my guesses.) So the engine can handle already Z spawn & respawn, a similar agent that deals with loot should be no problem for the engine.

So I am pretty sure, that your hope will be complied and we will see loot respawn rather soon :)

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1