Sebidee

Why do 'heroes' think all fresh spawns are new players?

So the OP got killed and has 50 hours of game time well in my books you would be a new player. Many people who play do not know how to get the healthy status  and even less know the map well. So you can tell these players that you are fine but you yourself said your mic was messed up or not set up. Again this further suggests you are a very new player and should take notes on how to play. You should have been heading inland already from spawn but you were seen and approached by armed players. If they were not as kind you would be getting tortured and killed then sent to respawn somewhere else. To be clear playing as a hero or just a player who decides to interact or approach other players is not very easy. You have to approach or sneak up on players to a situation where you could die but that you have some advantage like the element of surprise. See new players generally can't do this or they get dropped on by other players and in turn many are ultra hostile and shoot at anything that moves most can barely shoot and hit anything to begin with. Its easy to be a bandit or murderer in this game its hard to be a player who puts themselves in danger to interact and survive. You could try and take them out if you like as a challenge to yourself but if they are half way competent then they will likely remove you as the threat fairly quickly. New spawns can leave or ignore players if they like if not they may get helped or if they are hostile they die. That is the nature of player interaction. Sadly many players don't even bother to interact or hold people up and rob others they simply shoot on sight like crack heads.

Edited by Canned Muffins
  • Like 1

yeah, he should just shoot you in the face instead, cause that's what you would do to a fresh spawn, right?

you yourself said your mic was messed up or not set up. Again this further suggests you are a very new player and should take notes on how to play.

oh so if my Mic breaks I'm a very new player regardless of how many hours I've logged? perfect logic.

Edited by IG Rage
  • Like 1

oh so if my Mic breaks I'm a very new player regardless of how many hours I've logged? perfect logic.

umm there is a way to text chat in the game which can be accomplished rather quickly - if you don't know that then you are indeed a noob.

edit: in OP's defense... he did resort to text once discovering the mic problem. 

Edited by Elle

umm there is a way to text chat in the game which can be accomplished rather quickly - if you don't know that then you are indeed a noob.

edit: in OP's defense... he did resort to text once discovering the mic problem. 

yes but without my knowledge of my mic being broken, i wouldn't bother with text chat; and if you read what I read in the post I quoted, then you would understand why I wrote what I did.

Edit: Edited the post for you.

Edited by IG Rage

yes but without my knowledge of my mic being broken, i wouldn't bother with text chat; and if you read what I read in the post I quoted, then you would understand why I wrote what I did.

Edit: Edited the post for you.

read your post, read muffin's post, twice for both just to make sure I didn't miss anything - I didn't - if I spoke to you in VC and got no response in either VC or text I would assume you were a noob or my mic was buggy, in either case I would go on about my business (which would be putting much distance between us) unless you broke into hostilities in which case I would put as much of my ammo as possible into you then go about my business (still putting much distance between us) - I have very little use for player interaction at this stage in the game as most everyone I encounter is a douchbag with a few exceptions.

Who logs into a game which requires a mic without testing it or plugging it in?Furthermore what kind of experienced player doesn't know how to type with the in game vicinity chat? Also he said he only has 50 hours logged and he makes many careless mistakes gameplay wise that should have led to his death. It was only out of the kindness of the other players that he didn't get killed and tortured. He was slow to even type. If a guy was pausing to type or respond verbally I would simply leave them or shoot them depending on what sort of threat they posed to me.You don't take chances with shady players who could easily be talking to friends over team speak. You are lucky if anyone even waits for you to respond and when you are unappreciative to a little help and advice you end up looking conceited or apathetic to a major part of this game. That being player interaction. Everything he said and did really should have ended in his death but he was lucky. You don't need to be friendly to others but when you do get to meet some players its best not to spit in their face unless thats what your playstyle is.

Edited by Canned Muffins
  • Like 1

give the guy a break, he ran into me witch was his luck, im a patient guy.

To test your mic ingame, it requires someone to confirm if it actually works... if something randomly breaks along the way, that can happen.. ive had a mate go afk on teamspeak only to come back to a non working mic.

Also i understand his frustration at the point of posting, him and me have sorted it out, so all is well.

• Like 2

This is what I would think too, but so many freshspawns I meet actually say something like "I started today/yesterday/2 hours ago", maybe they all lie?

as a hero just ask if someone needs food/water, tell them what I know about the area (if I saw anyone running around with guns or whatnot)

Just give em the finger.  Separates the true hero from the wannabe hero.

Who logs into a game which requires a mic without testing it or plugging it in?Furthermore what kind of experienced player doesn't know how to type with the in game vicinity chat? Also he said he only has 50 hours logged and he makes many careless mistakes gameplay wise that should have led to his death. It was only out of the kindness of the other players that he didn't get killed and tortured. He was slow to even type. If a guy was pausing to type or respond verbally I would simply leave them or shoot them depending on what sort of threat they posed to me.You don't take chances with shady players who could easily be talking to friends over team speak. You are lucky if anyone even waits for you to respond and when you are unappreciative to a little help and advice you end up looking conceited or apathetic to a major part of this game. That being player interaction. Everything he said and did really should have ended in his death but he was lucky. You don't need to be friendly to others but when you do get to meet some players its best not to spit in their face unless thats what your playstyle is.

where does it say in the game requirements that a mic is required? also where does it say that I and/or OP didn't know how to type?

Edited by IG Rage

Well i do apologize for trying to feed you.. I was wearing a orange raincoat, orange mountain backpack, and had an m4 in my hands blaze on my back.. my buddy also had an m4 and an sks i believe..

We run down the coast and be nice to people, since we feel they might be frustrated and angry from getting killed on sight, we dont want them to turn into KOS people, so we try to be the first face they see, a friendly one.

ehh yes i think remember you and actually i thought you were looking for the chat button all that time.. hence my overly detailed explanations...

Have you ever had to shoot anyone during your travels on the coast trying to help people.

Maybe they are talking trash to you or being aggressive even though you are trying to help them?

Just curious...

If so, how often does this happen?

Edited by Wyrmgol

Well i do apologize for trying to feed you.. I was wearing a orange raincoat, orange mountain backpack, and had an m4 in my hands blaze on my back.. my buddy also had an m4 and an sks i believe..

We run down the coast and be nice to people, since we feel they might be frustrated and angry from getting killed on sight, we dont want them to turn into KOS people, so we try to be the first face they see, a friendly one.

ehh yes i think remember you and actually i thought you were looking for the chat button all that time.. hence my overly detailed explanations...

Let us look past the fiction of you being there. We all know that didn't happen. But you make a good point, if any player actually presented themselves with that kind of attitude, the human response would indeed be to try and punch you to death. You can be a hero by killing newspawn killers, you can even make some newspawns happy by dropping valuable gear near their spawns, but noone likes a goody two-shoes. In fact I haven't met a single person would wouldn't be willing to punch a goody two-shoes to death as soon as they heard their argument for behaving like goody two-shoes.

Let us look past the fiction of you being there. We all know that didn't happen. But you make a good point, if any player actually presented themselves with that kind of attitude, the human response would indeed be to try and punch you to death. You can be a hero by killing newspawn killers, you can even make some newspawns happy by dropping valuable gear near their spawns, but noone likes a goody two-shoes. In fact I haven't met a single person would wouldn't be willing to punch a goody two-shoes to death as soon as they heard their argument for behaving like goody two-shoes.

actually i think i might have frapsed it, i have multiple hours of me running along the coast in my orange raincoat feeding fresh spawns frapsed, its something me and my friends do quite often.

and i do recall telling my mate that a quiet fresh spawn was shy, thats when it hit me it might actually be me, hence the question about the orange raincoat.. wich OP said was so, i did not get that detail from his first post, and the orange raincoat bit is quite stunning since it is not a thing geared players wear often. Also of you check my youtube channel Mosibfu1 you will see i do the feeding fresh spawns thing more often.

that and.. OP might recognize my voice from said channel, also he gave me his steam ID he will probably be able to confirm it was in fact me.

Edited by mosibfu

actually i think i might have frapsed it, i have multiple hours of me running along the coast in my orange raincoat feeding fresh spawns frapsed, its something me and my friends do quite often.

and i do recall telling my mate that a quiet fresh spawn was shy, thats when it hit me it might actually be me, hence the question about the orange raincoat.. wich OP said was so, i did not get that detail from his first post, and the orange raincoat bit is quite stunning since it is not a thing geared players wear often. Also of you check my youtube channel Mosibfu1 you will see i do the feeding fresh spawns thing more often.

that and.. OP might recognize my voice from said channel, also he gave me his steam ID he will probably be able to confirm it was in fact me.

Not really.

OP - Just pulled up your youtube channel but I didn't watch anything as the thumbnail for your very first video confirmed my suspicion.

Thumbnail: Fresh spawn on road with hands behind his head while Mosibfu stands over them with a weapon.

There is no such thing as a hero, you're just on the coast to play geared bad-ass with your buddies.

I bet your videos of "helping" people are filled with many instances where you "HAD" to kill someone for whatever reason.

Not really.

well actually i did fraps it, it happened on the 15th of march, and his ingame name is thesame as his forum name...

as a matter of fact...

BiPrl.png

SUCK IT :)

OP - Just pulled up your youtube channel but I didn't watch anything as the thumbnail for your very first video confirmed my suspicion.

Thumbnail: Fresh spawn on road with hands behind his head while Mosibfu stands over them with a weapon.

There is no such thing as a hero, you're just on the coast to play geared bad-ass with your buddies.

I bet your videos of "helping" people are filled with many instances where you "HAD" to kill someone for whatever reason.

actually watch that video, and that video alone looking for red shirt guy, he was a fresh spawn when we met him, i gave that guy rice, ammo and a rifle and he went on ahead (look at 3 min).. he did put his hands on his head when he saw us aproach a bit later, its the effect 6 geared players have... i told him "hey man no worries, its still us" (look at him at 4:50, he put his hands up, we didnt tell him to)

from that moment on he actually stayed with us the entire time he was on the server, and we covered him when he logged out

tho yeah nice call on the thumbnail, it does not quite represent the content in the video

Edited by mosibfu

actually watch that video, and that video alone looking for red shirt guy, he was a fresh spawn when we met him, i gave that guy rice, ammo and a rifle and he went on ahead (look at 3 min).. he did put his hands on his head when he saw us aproach a bit later, its the effect 6 geared players have... i told him "hey man no worries, its still us" (look at him at 4:50, he put his hands up, we didnt tell him to)

from that moment on he actually stayed with us the entire time he was on the server, and we covered him when he logged out

tho yeah nice call on the thumbnail, it does not quite represent the content in the video

I did bite...

I can confirm the video has at least 1 person being killed, after which, one of your buddies makes a "had to" statement. Skipped around a bit after that and watched around 8 guys with guns failing to turkey shoot 1 fresh spawn running madly around them all.  Stopped it right there.

I standby my previous post and I'm sure there are several more instances within this 1 video of you and your "heroes" wasting fresh spawns.

You can hide behind whatever delusional reasoning you have created to justify it, but without you being there, those fresh spawns aren't being shot.

In essence, I am stating that your presence there, under whatever noble pretense you are using, is creating a situation where you and your friends get to

shoot fresh spawns and feel totally justified. It's hypocritical and BS.

I particularly enjoyed the yucking it up shared by all when the 8 guys with guns finally hit the 1 fresh spawn running around. I like how the same type of people who keep stating it takes no skill

to kill fresh spawns and it's so unrewarding and lazy are the same people actually killing them and enjoying the shit out of it. 

They also get a free pass to do it, because they went there to hand out food... LOLZ

At least the asshole behind the tree, 2 miles up the mountain, isn't pretending he is a great guy or hiding behind false pretense.

I did bite...

I can confirm the video has at least 1 person being killed, after which, one of your buddies makes a "had to" statement. Skipped around a bit after that and watched around 8 guys with guns failing to turkey shoot 1 fresh spawn running madly around them all.  Stopped it right there.

I standby my previous post and I'm sure there are several more instances within this 1 video of you and your "heroes" wasting fresh spawns.

You can hide behind whatever delusional reasoning you have created to justify it, but without you being there, those fresh spawns aren't being shot.

In essence, I am stating that your presence there, under whatever noble pretense you are using, is creating a situation where you and your friends get to

shoot fresh spawns and feel totally justified. It's hypocritical and BS.

I particularly enjoyed the yucking it up shared by all when the 8 guys with guns finally hit the 1 fresh spawn running around. I like how the same type of people who keep stating it takes no skill

to kill fresh spawns and it's so unrewarding and lazy are the same people actually killing them and enjoying the shit out of it. 

They also get a free pass to do it, because they went there to hand out food... LOLZ

At least the asshole behind the tree, 2 miles up the mountain, isn't pretending he is a great guy or hiding behind false pretense.

hehe the guy in the black shirt was a troll, they tried fist fighting us, and did so again when we met red shirt guy.. and when red shirt guy tried to log off black shirt guy tried to punch him.. yeah i have no patience with trolls.. im not saying i dont use my gun, but i dont use it unprovoked.

we wasted thesame fresh spawn 3 times, all 3 times he came back, we told him shoo, he went at us.. the 3rd time we let him live again for a while, untill he went after red shirt guy

i could have cut those bits out, but i wanted to display the whole story, so.. watch the whole story

Edited by mosibfu

Alright, for everyone and anyone who says mosibfu is lying. That IS me in the screenshot with the green t-shirt. That IS my Day z name, which is the same as my forum name, Sebidee and I distinctly remember typing "you already gave me tuna, thanks" - That was while I was following him and decided to approach them again, only to have him offer me food AGAIN [silly heroes].

In the screenshot you will see a dead black girl. I was looking at her while I was waiting for mosibfu to approach me on the road. He asked me if I had seen what happened and told me that he had given her food a few minutes ago.

Also I have added him on steam because I felt bad about making this thread about him when in all honesty he wasn't actually rude. He linked me to his youtube channel where I can confirm that it was his voice (he says he's dutch but it's polish to my ear). He also told me I will be staring in his next video where you can see the whole glorious incident with your own eyes!!

SUCK IT :)

Edited by Sebidee
  • Like 1

hehe the guy in the black shirt was a troll, they tried fist fighting us, and did so again when we met red shirt guy.. and when red shirt guy tried to log off black shirt guy tried to punch him.. yeah i have no patience with trolls.. im not saying i dont use my gun, but i dont use it unprovoked.

we wasted thesame fresh spawn 3 times, all 3 times he came back, we told him shoo, he went at us.. the 3rd time we let him live again for a while, untill he went after red shirt guy

Yeah, I'd have shot the asshole too. My point is, without your guns in the area, those fresh spawns aren't dying.

This dude wasn't trolling though, he was looking for an easy weapon, a situation that you brought with you.

Look dude, I got no problem with how you want to play the game.  It just seems pretty hypocritical to me.

You and your buddies wanna run up and down the coast playing billy bad-ass with a sack of food, it's fine.

Just don't pretend you got 8 guys to show up to go feed the hungry.  There is definitely other motivations in play here.