Sula

Any idea why it keeps suddenly turning pitch black?

A number of times this has happened.  It happens suddenly, so if I'm running along on my own or being chased by zombies, suddenly, I can't see a thing, it's pitch black.  I have to alt-tab out of the game. 

I thought my graphic card was playing up but it happened again just now and I could still hear zombies. So it's definitely a sudden change to night.  It's odd because it doesn't last.  It's as though the admin has imposed permanent day light but when the server thinks it's night time and should be dark, for a minute or two it's dark then bam! back to daylight.

I tried to get back on the server but a message said I had been kicked.  All a bit stressful.  Any ideas?

Thanks

A number of times this has happened.  It happens suddenly, so if I'm running along on my own or being chased by zombies, suddenly, I can't see a thing, it's pitch black.  I have to alt-tab out of the game. 

I thought my graphic card was playing up but it happened again just now and I could still hear zombies. So it's definitely a sudden change to night.  It's odd because it doesn't last.  It's as though the admin has imposed permanent day light but when the server thinks it's night time and should be dark, for a minute or two it's dark then bam! back to daylight.

I tried to get back on the server but a message said I had been kicked.  All a bit stressful.  Any ideas?

Thanks

I have no clue. I know my screen goes completely white sometimes when I join a server, so maybe you're experiencing the opposite? xD

Thanks

Do you see stars when it's black? If you don't, I'd assume it's a problem with your graphics card like you had originally thought. You'd still be able to hear zombies and other in-game noises even if your graphics card was acting up. What card do you have? Are you using your latest drivers? If so, did you recently update them?

Thanks

Hmm that is quite interesting.I have a friend with a similar issue; Where she joins a night server, it is daylight for her, and night for us. I wonder if there is something wrong with your vid. card drivers? Maybe re-install / upgrade / downgrade them and see what happens ?

Hello there

Have you checked your power settings to your monitor?

Also do you have an ATI card?

My monitor every now and then now goes black but only for a second or two for some reason and this has only happened since installing an ATI card. Lord knows whats causing it, im guessing its powering down then reawakening.

Rgds

LoK

That indeed is happening. And quite violently as you're describing at times. If the Admin doesn't know what he's doing, the server fights with him. Sometimes constantly, sometimes just on restart, sometimes whenever the Administrator is messing with it at the time. If it happens irregularly I would try opening some kind of context, such as gear or hit "ESC" to see if you can see the menu's.

If you can see those, there's some dodgy stuff going on.

This happened to me not too long ago. Somehow my graphics card became loose in the computer itself and wasn't seated in it's spot all the way even though the screws were there...it wouldn't hurt to open up your computer and just check things out.