Sign in to follow this  
pacific_coast

FLARE GUN

You want some FLARE GUN with your DayZ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. flare gun i want it

• i say hell yes
    • i say hell no
    • i say something else, you tool. gtfo pacific.

FLARE. GUN.

we need this in game.

a million uses.

night becomes real, son.

military/police variant.

i love me some road flares, hoo boy, believe me.. but hot damn i want a FLARE GUN

chemlights should also be duct taped to arrows to light up inaccessible areas and high points, or as a... MAKESHIFT FLARE GUN!!!!

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

600px-CSIM-8-Flare-2.jpg

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 5

(David Caruso voice) I think...the Flare Gun...could prove..................to be quite useful. What...about...you...Aaron?

(Aaron Paul voice) I...........................................................................................................................................agree.

I have always wanted M203 starburst rounds.. but Ill take a flare gun. 

illuminationflares.jpg

Edited by lrish

Your posts are not very constructive are they. Anyway, seeing as there is a flare gun in ArmA2 Mod ACE, I see no reason for there not to be in DayZ. Also I think I saw some model of it leaked earlier this year? Not sure.

I voted something else because this has been suggested eight. Hundred. Billion. Times. Before.

• Like 1

I can really well imagine setting up an ambush, at the deepest point during a night, we see a group of bandits passing by, I shoot the flare in the sky and suddenly shit breaks lose, tracer rounds bursting through the air, "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!" screams can be heard, then...suddenly silence.

• Like 3

I can really well imagine setting up an ambush, at the deepest point during a night, we see a group of bandits passing by, I shoot the flare in the sky and suddenly shit breaks lose, tracer rounds bursting through the air, "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!" screams can be heard, then...suddenly silence.

The flare floats to the ground and darkness quickly falls once again.

By morning there is nothing more than blood and shell casings.

• Like 1

The only application would be for "war purposes" and it's not like players love night time and you would need like a thousand backpacks to light up the night for seconds...there is a ton of more practical light sources.

Edited by Enforcer

The only application would be for "war purposes" and it's not like players love night time and you would need like a thousand backpacks to light up the night for seconds...there is a ton of more practical light sources.

Nobody is going to actively choose nighttime, but it's part of the game experience.

Just like first person should be the only perspective used in combat, but likewise players cannot help themselves.

Servers need to be offset, so you will get differing times of day when you manage to get on your favourite server.

Daytime servers make it too easy, a lot of people instantly drop their torches, which should REALLY never happen, unless you manage to find a better one.

There is a big ass boat just sitting there, I'm sure you should be able to find a flare gun if/when they do add it into the SA :D

it would distract zombies so you could shoot it to away for you and zombies would follow the flare

Awesome idea. I really wish they'd put in flares/chemlights for even basic throwing. Would make night play sooo much better. I really hope they are planning to release these soon!

Nobody is going to actively choose nighttime, but it's part of the game experience. I do. :huh: 

Servers need to be offset, so you will get differing times of day when you manage to get on your favourite server. I agree 200%. :thumbsup:

Your posts are not very constructive are they. Anyway, seeing as there is a flare gun in ArmA2 Mod ACE, I see no reason for there not to be in DayZ. Also I think I saw some model of it leaked earlier this year? Not sure.

Well I'm pretty sure that this has been suggested before, but as posts (and more specifically pacific_coast...) go I would say this one is pretty constructive.

I'm sure road flares will make it into the game, as they were in the mod, but I'd love to see a flare gun in DayZ!

Edited by Mos1ey