Sign in to follow this  
Aruze

Xp System?

ive got an idea, what if they added to the game a simple Exp lvlup system ?

every X amount of time you stay alive you gain Tiny bits of Xp,

every time u kill a player or a zombie u gain xp

and u lvl up,

every X amount of lvls gives u points to upgrade certain things such as  your Health, your chance to wake up from unconcious, your chance to not get bleeding when hit by zombies.

and with Xp you can use lvls to learn special skills such as Cutting down trees, hunting, gathering and crafting materials from your environment.

my thoughts about this is simply to add something to the game to keep the playerbase Active, tbh currently all we do is find guns to shoot ppl.

and if we had something else to focus on we would be much more friendly, and even give soloplay some meaning again.

also when u give ppl bloodbags sailine kits etc u get Medical Xp which unlocks a medical section of your Lvlup system tree.

and so on.

im thinking Sewing kit should be used to craft items like Sweaters, Tshirts, pants, Socks and Hats by using Leather, Rags etc.

also Medical xp could increase the success of epipen and other things like defibrilator.

also u could onlock an action to do the Heimlick and give mouth to mouth if player is drowning etc.

No.

I'm going to warn you now, be prepared for a LOT of angry replies.

• Like 7

You know what your skills are? Your wits. Your aim. Your tactics, strategies... This would only make this game into a level grinder, and you'd get killed by other players just because they've abused the system. (i.e, XP grinding your buddy by killing him.)

• Like 2

You know what your skills are? Your wits. Your aim. Your tactics, strategies... This would only make this game into a level grinder, and you'd get killed by other players just because they've abused the system. (i.e, XP grinding your buddy by killing him.)

i dont know if you've noticed but 90% of the playerbase shoot on sight, so why not give the players something to aim for rather than geting their next quick fix of andrenaline when shooting someone at no risk through a glitched wall.

besides, shooting newspawns should be something you Lose Xp from doing.

Edited by Aruze

In the zombie apocalypse there are no level ups.  There isn't some wizard here that is going to save your ass with a level 20 fireball, or magic missile.

• Like 1

In the zombie apocalypse there are no level ups.  There isn't some wizard here that is going to save your ass with a level 20 fireball, or magic missile.

dont be silly.

a regular person in real life can learn a bunch of things, Exp should definetly be implimented.

• Like 1

dont be silly.

a regular person in real life can learn a bunch of things, Exp should definetly be implimented.

Then learn things. And then execute said things in-game. In real life, a man could know HOW to chop down a tree... He wouldn't be restricted from it because he isn't level 20.

End-game will be added in the future. It will range from base-building to vehicles, no need to turn this game into some choppy, linear progression arcade system. People make their own progress.

this is a horrible idea, experience points are just a metagame construct to deal with limitations of early roleplaying games.  This is unnecessary or wanted here.

The lack of constructive features (i.e. base building) causes much of this:

""my thoughts about this is simply to add something to the game to keep the playerbase Active, tbh currently all we do is find guns to shoot ppl. and if we had something else to focus on we would be much more friendly, and even give soloplay some meaning again.""

One does not simply add something to the game.

Having said that, i'm not completely against all character development,

""every X amount of time you stay alive you gain Tiny bits of Xp,

every time u kill a player or a zombie u gain xp

and u lvl up,

every X amount of lvls gives u points to upgrade certain things such as  your Health, your chance to wake up from unconcious, your chance to not get bleeding when hit by zombies.""

but imo, upgrades should not significantly affect combat.

""and with Xp you can use lvls to learn special skills such as Cutting down trees, hunting, gathering and crafting materials from your environment.""

and I don't want to have to grind levels in order to be able to cut down a tree.

its not warz...

This sums it up. Can close thread now.

Nearly punched a hole in my monitor while reading this.....

NO! DONT EVER IMPLEMENT SOMETHING THIS MIND-NUMBINGLY RETARDED!

Thank you.

• Like 2

I think we also need ridiculously oversized shoulder armor and samurai swords too. Zombies hate samurai swords.

dont be silly.

You are missing the point.  Yes, you are a regular person - and a regular person would learn things and implement them - it doesn't require any "level ups" - people would learn to cope and survive.  In game, if you just start playing on your first day you don't know wtf you are doing at all.  You progress as a player, knowing which houses spawn loot, what weapons kill zombies and what weapons don't, you learn where the bandits hide, what tree lines to run and learn the lay out of the game.  As a player, you can not forget that knowledge and "level down" can you? A player with one hour of in game experience is no match for a player with 100 hours.  So, if you really need to have a "XP system" keep a close eye on in game hours. ;)

Otherwise, any other take on an XP generated system is just pure silliness.

• Like 1

Yes, but no.

Not an MMO style level-up with unlocking new skills, but rather a hidden xp system that allows you to develop your survivor's skills.

For example, repeated use of bandages will result in quicker application of bandages and possibly the use of less bandages (10% instead of 25%, maybe.)

A system like this has already been confirmed by Dean himself.

No xp, but I like your idea for reducing unnecessary killings, I'm not talking about kos, I'm talking about camping players that wait for others. I had a similar idea, mine was to introduce morale, and just like hunger it would go down, (although at much slower rate) when not in presence of other players. Kill a player and your morale drops, kill enough and it would affect your health. Things like meeting other players, maybe lighting a fire, taking a swim in a pond, even reading those unnecessary books we see everywhere.

This would definitely cause players to stop killing and even congregate in large numbers, creating communities.

No xp, but I like your idea for reducing unnecessary killings, I'm not talking about kos, I'm talking about camping players that wait for others. I had a similar idea, mine was to introduce morale, and just like hunger it would go down, (although at much slower rate) when not in presence of other players. Kill a player and your morale drops, kill enough and it would affect your health. Things like meeting other players, maybe lighting a fire, taking a swim in a pond, even reading those unnecessary books we see everywhere, would increase your morale

This would definitely cause players to stop killing and even congregate in large numbers, creating communities.

i always thought skill was to big of a word

micro-skills is a better term

and not for learning how to chop down a tree or anything

and example would be if you are a fresh spawn you have basic skills

if you run a lot then you "lvl up" your running

but it only makes it so that it takes longer for you to start breathing heavy

and by lvling it up it would only go up by like 0.01%

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧micro-skills

when you die they all reset

Edited by Zuulass