gotr1ght

Is anyone tired of this game because of KOS?

Spawn,spend few hours getting decent loot and then getting killed by some bushwookie sniper ..and over again and again.It's just getting to much annoying,i mean map is so gigantic that you could practically die within a second from some guy that couldn't even attempt to communicate before making that KOS.

Edited by gotr1ght

NO, now stfu and stop posting useless threads

Edited by orlok
dont insult other members please

Until the features are fleshed out and zombies are actually a threat (and numerous) DayZ is basically a slow paced Deathmatch.

• Like 2

Post something constructive or dont post at all you boring forum troll.

To the OP sadly thats the current state of the game with it being alpha, there is little else to do once geared but PvP with people.  Hopefully the next few patches will resolve this.

• Like 7

KOS is very annoying,but it no one can do anything about it, unless they remove PVP entirely. I think that they should introduce a way to give player life more value in the future, to try and limit it as much as possible, as it can easily wreck peoples game playing experience.

I'm kinda mixed about KoS right now.. I think it's an interesting (read necessary, or the soul of dayz) part of the game, but too many players apply it mindlessly at this state of the game. I guess a consequent part of KoSers do it because they just don't want to die, and that's legit.

The only thing that i really hate in Kosers is their lack of communication, like what you said. Once i was running by Elektro as a fresh spawn, not armed, with a big yellow raincoat and no backpack, and saw a group of armed people coming my way. I crouched and did the surrender animation, waited half a minute that they come close, and after a minute, they shot me in the head without saying a damn word or anything. It was clear i was not a danger nor even aggressive, they could've just asked me to drop my stuff and walk away, and shoot me in the back, or anything, that would've been more interesting than that NPC'ish behavior of "shoot kill loot".

Anyway, complaining or suggesting anything at this moment of the game is useless as it's not finished. When the game will be finished or nearly done then we will be able to get some real aknowledgements on the KoS mentality state and try to fix it, because right now apart from shooting a few useless zeds fighting players is one of the only thrilling and interesting things to do.

• Like 2

worst post ever.Yes you deebz

Edited by RespawnCake
  • Like 3

No matter what happens...there will always be someone willing to KoS.

Personally, I think it's fine. It adds a lot of tension and gets my heart going when someone takes a shot at me...and misses of course. When it becomes a real firefight is when it's fun. I play friendly so, I don't get into firefights unless I'm engaged...it's more entertaining to me than finding food and hiding in a forest.

Then again, I'm the guy who goes out looking for 'bad' guys. It always sucks when you get shot and don't have a chance to engage the enemy, but with a little practice and awareness...you'll be able to avoid most encounters, if you so choose.

In summation, KoS is here to stay. It's something we've all had to learn to deal with or avoid.

• Like 3

To the OP sadly thats the current state of the game with it being alpha, there is little else to do once geared but PvP with people.  Hopefully the next few patches will resolve this.

The pvp mentality won't end once a ton of features are introduced ( if they are introduced at all ). You can either modify the game that survivalists players love it and scare away pvpers/KoSers or you can modify the game that pvpers/Kosers love it and survivalists look for another game. I doubt there is anything in between, the area is way too small for that anyway with a Chernarus where you can get across the map in half and hour.

The pvp mentality won't end once a ton of features are introduced ( if they are introduced at all ). You can either modify the game that survivalists players love it and scare away pvpers/KoSers or you can modify the game that pvpers/Kosers love it and survivalists look for another game. I doubt there is anything in between, the area is way too small for that anyway with a Chernarus where you can get across the map in half and hour.

I think the KoS mentality is something needed in the game. Like it was said before it adds to the tension and realism of the game. I think that once some more features are added you will see a little less of it, or just less people as they will be out hunting for meat.

As you stated though with the map size and predetermined loot spawns it's difficult to remove KoS. Sadly vehicles will just make it easier to move around quicker killing more people.

While it's quite annoying to be killed by someone who KoS it's a needed part of the game!

KOSers add a tension to the world atm because the undead aren't doing their job. The folks who summarily execute bambis are punks who:

1) Think DayZ is a FPS.

2) Lack imagination.

3) Suck at firefights with geared players.

4) Are incipient sociopaths. These are the probably the types who also enjoy torture.

5) Will flame the shit outta me for this post.

The way the game stands right now, KOSing is a (semi) legitimate response by some players to the lack of goals which can come as a consequence of being geared up with nothing else to do. I just wish they'd try to ignore fresh spawns and target other geared players. I can live/die with that. And, as was mentioned above, even when DayZ offers more of a undead/survival challenge some KOSers are here to stay. And that's fine by me; it takes all kinds to populate the apocalypse.

• Like 1

if the game is too hard then ajust yourself too the game. the game doesnt ajust to you for most part.

i agree kos is a part of the game, ya it sucks to spend hours foraging for supplies and then boom the you are dead screen but like Rhodes said  its the tension it adds to the game. just be more vigilant when traveling.and a old hat statement dont stay on the coast espically running to eleckto or cherno . Head Inland and dont say but but ill starve to death there are plenty of small villages and scattered houses to find food in

• Like 1

The only thing I think that can "defend" the KoS play style is that "the apocalyptic would should be kind of dangerous"

well not really.

People will try to build a civilization again, for there kids and people to live a "normal" life again, people wouldn't be jumping into trees getting into full on military battles. its sort of ridiculous how people think this is a normal think that would happen in ...( I'm about to use taboo words in the gaming world )... in real life.

It's a play style for ignorant 12 year olds who take the easy way out, and who are antisocial. I don't mind if im killed after like 10 seconds of respawn, I really don't, but if it is a case of like ive been playing for 5 hours, that pisses me off.

• Like 3

It's the nature of the game, kill or be killed either by a zombie, someone else, or your dumb luck.  It gets boring trying to keep your gear and moving around trying to be safe.  Stay on the coast and gain some evade and capture kills, so basically learn to hunt(loot) and watch for bandits

I think the KoS mentality is something needed in the game. Like it was said before it adds to the tension and realism of the game. I think that once some more features are added you will see a little less of it, or just less people as they will be out hunting for meat.

As you stated though with the map size and predetermined loot spawns it's difficult to remove KoS. Sadly vehicles will just make it easier to move around quicker killing more people.

While it's quite annoying to be killed by someone who KoS it's a needed part of the game!

I don't mind pvp but KoSing freshspawns is a taboo or beeing a fresh spawn getting help from a geared player and killing him after recieving a weapon. That's just immature and happens way too often in the game altough backstabbing exists but too many people treat it as a game while they expect to be taken seriously because they are roleplaying soldiers in game. i don't mind if another group targets my group ( if i had one ) for the resources they have ( camp, what we carry ) but as i said a person who sits far up in the apartments or on top of a hill shooting other players ( for the frags ) and not bothering to loot them afterwards wouldn't be a common thing IRL and therefor i refuse to accept it as a playstyle.

I don't understand what people can't grasp about this game.  What part of "trust no one" or "stay hidden" do people not understand?  KoS is not a bug, it's a feature.

You know what I did yesterday?  I spent an hour in a factory attic in Electro just hiding out and eating and drinking rainwater because all I heard was zombie noises and sporadic gunfire.

Edited by bfisher

As a result of the KOS folks, bandits, and torture, you have my group (currently very small) and others to try and counter that.  Snipers are a real problem in the game, and we are working on our countersniper program :thumbsup:

The only thing I think that can "defend" the KoS play style is that "the apocalyptic would should be kind of dangerous"

well not really.

People will try to build a civilization again, for there kids and people to live a "normal" life again, people wouldn't be jumping into trees getting into full on military battles. its sort of ridiculous how people think this is a normal think that would happen in ...( I'm about to use taboo words in the gaming world )... in real life.

It's a play style for ignorant 12 year olds who take the easy way out, and who are antisocial. I don't mind if im killed after like 10 seconds of respawn, I really don't, but if it is a case of like ive been playing for 5 hours, that pisses me off.

Exactly, it isn't realistic, and it wouldn't happen in real life, at least not to this scale. So, if the devs want this game to be at least semi-realistic, there should be elements introduced to make combat-based pvp much less prevalent, and make competition-based pvp more prevalent (competition for food, water, space, etc)

However, people are going to reply with, and they are correct in this case, that Day Z is a game. That, to them, lets them do whatever they want. Again, technically, they are correct. However, I feel that mindless killing will only hurt this game in the long run, as it could drive away both new players and veterans, who might get tired of the lack of interaction besides "point and shoot). That is a bad thing, in my book

• Like 2

snip  Snipers are a real problem in the game,

seriously, posts like this make me laugh, at a time when there were 50cal rifles with scopes effective to 1.6km with thermal imaging - the cry "Snipers are a real problem" had a certain validity, but in game now? lmao.

• Like 1

I'm kinda mixed about KoS right now.. I think it's an interesting (read necessary, or the soul of dayz) part of the game, but too many players apply it mindlessly at this state of the game. I guess a consequent part of KoSers do it because they just don't want to die, and that's legit.

The only thing that i really hate in Kosers is their lack of communication, like what you said. Once i was running by Elektro as a fresh spawn, not armed, with a big yellow raincoat and no backpack, and saw a group of armed people coming my way. I crouched and did the surrender animation, waited half a minute that they come close, and after a minute, they shot me in the head without saying a damn word or anything. It was clear i was not a danger nor even aggressive, they could've just asked me to drop my stuff and walk away, and shoot me in the back, or anything, that would've been more interesting than that NPC'ish behavior of "shoot kill loot".

Anyway, complaining or suggesting anything at this moment of the game is useless as it's not finished. When the game will be finished or nearly done then we will be able to get some real aknowledgements on the KoS mentality state and try to fix it, because right now apart from shooting a few useless zeds fighting players is one of the only thrilling and interesting things to do.

This is exactly the reason I'm on a break until next update will hit stable to see if things will be more interesting with Zeds being a maybe bigger threat.

I personally find the situation just ridiculous. This game could have so much to offer and people just play it like any kind of offline singleplayer FPS (like you say: shoot kill loot).

It's just tiresome at the moment. I hope things will look different once more content will be implemented.

At least getting sniped means there is something for you to work on. If your getting sniped, you need to be more tactical.

Trying logging in and dying on a ladder 15 minutes in. Run back to your body, by the grace of the gods they let you have your gear, only to get wiped 30 minutes later when you try another server because the server you just died on is too suspect to hang around in.

Spawn,spend few hours getting decent loot and then getting killed by some bushwookie sniper ..and over again and again.It's just getting to much annoying,i mean map is so gigantic that you could practically die within a second from some guy that couldn't even attempt to communicate before making that KOS.

Uhh no... I don't know how so many get KOS'ted, seriously I kill people all the time (but not on sight, I like watching first ;) ) but if someone doesn't want to be KOS then go to a low pop server, don't go to electro or balota like retards and watch the hills!! I have only been kos myself once and that's because I went to cherno because I wanted to take risk, not being kos is so easy, and people who complain "oh KOS COD PLAYERS GTFO" must be playing like its COD themselves as everyone I have seen ingame I saw first, and everytime they are running upright like thy are proud to be running and wants everone to see them. Seriously I'm fed up with people complaining about KOS, its part of the game and if you get KOS repeatably then I'm sorry but l2 survive!