cazador

Having a problem with seeing players at a distance!

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem and noticed it, since it is very difficult to spot, however when a player seems to be +400m away I cannot properly see them only a slight transparent outline from the back of their head to their lower back which is hard to notice even when they are moving, it's very surprising and annoying especially when I play with those who have a less optimized pc, I really have no idea whats causing it and its bothered me for so long I hope somebody can help me find a solution!

Oh wow thats a great thread thanks, I do run my object detail as very low so if increasing that value doesnt work I shall edit my cfg files as mentioned. :)

it should, pick a friend do some tests maybe while u got fraps runnin to feel the impact at your frames.

Edited by Guest

Mother of God.

l-Mother-of-God.jpg

Thank you for posting that link..

I feel all  :facepalm:  right now. I had just changed it to low not too long ago and was all proud of the FPS gains I got... derp.

Edited by lrish

I hope that object detail wouldn't affect how far you see other players. Object detail on low gives a nice boost but you need to zoom to spot a player from couple hundred meters away.

Yeah I would hope object detail wouldnt take away part of your visibility, but I spend a lot of time zooming too and that still doesnt work (sometimes I need to zoom to see loot too).

• Like 1

As it seems, you encountered the "feature" that players in a distance are only rendered partially. Usually their legs disappear. 

But that's a difficult setting to make. Everyone having a supercomputer wants to have perfect vision for kilometers. The Average gamer couldn't show more than a few hundred due to their hardware-limitations.

having a good computer already gives advantages without end, so I don't have any problem with no one being able to see anyone outside their network-bubble at all. Making a game where only those who have the latest hardware have a chance to win is probably the most expensive version of pay-to-win. And I think we all agree that that's unwanted.

The big problem will be finding a setting that works for lower end computers but doesn't cripple those with good ones. Setting it all up so that only the best hardware can play it, would tell the majority of the people who bought it, that they made a huge mistake thinking they could ever play it. 

• Like 1

To think of all of those lonely dayz spent on the hillside looking over bolota, they where there all along... :(

• Like 1

Put your object details higher and also shadows can work better at range

Yep, Object Detail is the culprit here. Even if all of your other settings are set as low as they go, this bad boy needs to be up full whack if you're looking to recon.