mclovinmarshall

New Weapons

Clearly nobody wants AS50s amd Full auto Grenade launchers, but some weapons should be added.

Shotguns: only 12 ga. ammo is currently in game, and there are only 2 shotguns on the table; the IZH (Impemented), and the Remington 870(Planned).  I think that 20 ga. and .410 ammo should

be added.  The Mossberg 500 could be a 20 ga. shot gun. and the Rossi Circute Judge could use the .410 (& .45 LC) ammo.

Sniper Rifles:  The only Sniper in Standalone is the Mosin Nagant.  The Remington 700 and R11 RSASS should be added.  The Rem. 700 is a bolt action rifle that fires the .270 round.  The R11

RSASS is a Semi Auto Sniper rifle that fires the 7.62x51 round. (Mosin= 7.62x54r, SKS=7.62x39)

SMG:  Mac 10 and Uzi should be added. both of these compact automatic weapons fire the 9mm

Edited by Major Mclovin

Dude we know man.. If you think of it it has been suggested. It's alpha. Give it time. Right now if you want more weapons join experimental branch.

1: I want an AS50 and a full-auto grenade launcher

2: Why the hell should the RSASS be added? For the time being, a Dragonuv would make a lot more sense

3: AN94 assault rifle, AK107, AK47, 74, AKM, including semi-auto only versions (of the AK line).

• Like 3

2: Why the hell should the RSASS be added? For the time being, a Dragonuv would make a lot more sense

3: AN94 assault rifle, AK107, AK47, 74, AKM, including semi-auto only versions (of the AK line).

We should add AC-130's and tanks too!

Maybe perks also that give you special abilities

Also, the game should be remade into the same game with minor graphical improvement and just different guns.

Thats all we need in life (:

It's quite sad because CoD fanboys eat the same game up game and game again, not saying you love CoD lol

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 2

It's quite sad because CoD fanboys eat the same game up game and game again, not saying you love CoD lol

I was just listing firearms that should be added (FAR down the road) for realism's sake.

Suggest your weapons of the Community's Weapon Suggestion Forum.

• Like 2

i would like any scout rifle

like the Mauser scout

Mmmmmmauser C96 carbine.

Wait, since when did the UZI and Mac 10 fire .45 ? They're both 9mm aren't they?

Oh and I would far prefer a škorpian vz.61 to either of those SMG's.

• Like 1

Wait, since when did the UZI and Mac 10 fire .45 ? They're both 9mm aren't they?

Oh and I would far prefer a škorpian vz.61 to either of those SMG's.

There is a .45 Mac but no UZI. Mac usaully fires .380 APC (or something like that, i don't remember)  And yes, Scorpion is much better, along with Stechkin.

I Would like to see an RPG-7. It makes sense to, as every CDF squad had one or more. Of course, remove Primary weapon slot and Backpack slot, with each rocket being 6x2 in the inventory, meaning it would only be effective when operated by atleast two people. Otherwise, your going to die real fast. As for Full-auto GLs... no. Dushka's, yes, as again, probably as common as the RPG in the CDF.

While these may seem "Op" they really aren't. The RPG would mainly only be useful for Ambushes or flushing out enemies, and the Dushka would need atleast 3-4 people to carry it and it's ammo, thus meaning it would be restricted to base defense, prepaired ambushes or prolonged "Sieges" of enemy bases. And Spraying down enemies with it is even harder than with an LMG, becuase it has a low RPM and belt length.

• Like 2

They had slug ammo in the game before they added the shotgun

There is a .45 Mac but no UZI. Mac usaully fires .380 APC (or something like that, i don't remember) And yes, Scorpion is much better, along with Stechkin.

I Would like to see an RPG-7. It makes sense to, as every CDF squad had one or more. Of course, remove Primary weapon slot and Backpack slot, with each rocket being 6x2 in the inventory, meaning it would only be effective when operated by atleast two people. Otherwise, your going to die real fast. As for Full-auto GLs... no. Dushka's, yes, as again, probably as common as the RPG in the CDF.

While these may seem "Op" they really aren't. The RPG would mainly only be useful for Ambushes or flushing out enemies, and the Dushka would need atleast 3-4 people to carry it and it's ammo, thus meaning it would be restricted to base defense, prepaired ambushes or prolonged "Sieges" of enemy bases. And Spraying down enemies with it is even harder than with an LMG, becuase it has a low RPM and belt length.

This is .... A decent proposal for balance of RPGs , good show man . I would love to see explosives of some sort In the game, obviously not heavily but just enough so that it exists in the game . cuz lets be honest eventually in the apocalypse we would decide to blow something up wether it be an enemies base or groups of zombies or whatever .

And when physics makes its way into the game I also greedily expect destructible (to a point ) environment, like trees and maybe eventually rocks , so I can explode my TNT that's placed at the base of a tree while a group of people are walking by to try and spring a trap or something , awesome .

Chris Torchia already said they won't be doing the original AK-47, as they have the AKM planned and there's no real differential value it adds to the game. The AK-107 and AN-94 are too new and not common enough to justify;

I'd rather see an AK-105 before they did either of those.

1. AKM, AK-74, AKS-74U, AK-105, in that order.

Sniper Rifles:  The only Sniper in Standalone is the Mosin Nagant.  The Remington 700 and R11 RSASS should be added.  The Rem. 700 is a bolt action rifle that fires the .270 round.  The R11

RSASS is a Semi Auto Sniper rifle that fires the 7.62x51 round. (Mosin= 7.62x54r, SKS=7.62x39)

SMG:  Mac 10 and Uzi should be added. both of these compact automatic weapons fire the .45 ACP round, which is already in the game.

Remington 700 is fine, but I think it would probably be a hunting rifle variant with a possible scope. RSASS is so far fetched, it's not worth the time trying to justify it.

MAC-10 is commonly .380 ACP and the Uzi is 9x19mm (which is in the game). The MAC-10, if they added it, could be a .45 version and the Uzi could retain its 9x19mm version. Both weapons are reasonable suggestions.

There is a .45 Mac but no UZI.

Wrong.

Edited post due to crazy formatting.

Edited by ninjaontour

Guys, if we look at the bio of the map, it is said to be a Post Soviet controlled province.  That means the Soviets where there, but the area prolly feel into the controll of the UN and had NATO troops stationed at the millitary bases after the Russians where ousted.  It would make more sense for a blende of western Europian and American weaponry along with some reamining Russian Weaponry.  Saying the RSASS is far fetched dosnt really make sense. yes it is a rare weapon, but it is a weapon that could be found in a NATO military base.  Saying something isnt possible in this game dosnt make sense because A: This place dosnt excist, nor have the events of the game actually taken place (The apocolypse i mean).  and B: It is a video game!!!,  realism is cool, but can sacrifice some of the fun things of a game.  By trying to make this a hardcore game of realistic proportions will ruin it.

Guys, if we look at the bio of the map, it is said to be a Post Soviet controlled province.  That means the Soviets where there, but the area prolly feel into the controll of the UN and had NATO troops stationed at the millitary bases after the Russians where ousted.  It would make more sense for a blende of western Europian and American weaponry along with some reamining Russian Weaponry.  Saying the RSASS is far fetched dosnt really make sense. yes it is a rare weapon, but it is a weapon that could be found in a NATO military base.  Saying something isnt possible in this game dosnt make sense because A: This place dosnt excist, nor have the events of the game actually taken place (The apocolypse i mean).  and B: It is a video game!!!,  realism is cool, but can sacrifice some of the fun things of a game.  By trying to make this a hardcore game of realistic proportions will ruin it.

Chernarus is a sovereign country with it's own military, and NATO hardware doesn't really belong. The CDF (which is, in fact, in the game as zombies) uses weapons of Russian descent, but they don't operate anything much newer than 1995, with the notable exception, which seem to be very western. 

I feel the same way.

I was just listing firearms that should be added (FAR down the road) for realism's sake.

As50, Ak 107, AN-94 no for realism sake

Ak 107, AN-94 no for realism sake

WTF not for the AK107 or the AN94? Zombies show up in Chernarus you think the Russians AREN'T going to send soldiers in? They should absolutely be in DayZ.

WTF not for the AK107 or the AN94? Zombies show up in Chernarus you think the Russians AREN'T going to send soldiers in? They should absolutely be in DayZ.

Russians never used the AN94 apart from a few small units in limited numbers. And the rifle was withdrawn from service in 2009 on signed orders by the Defence Minister.

The AK107 does fit because in ARMA 2 it was the Russians' service rifle. So the AK107 makes sense within the Armaverse. I find this unfortunate because in real life no one uses this rifle, but I can't really complain given the facts from ARMA 2.

Russians never used the AN94 apart from a few small units in limited numbers. And the rifle was withdrawn from service in 2009 on signed orders by the Defence Minister.

...then why did Russian soldiers in the Ukraine jump off trucks with AN94s in their arms? There's AN94s ALL OVER Crimea.

Edited by Applejaxc