whisperbow

Will you return to the vanilla DayZ mod when 1.8.1 comes out?

Title says it all, just a simple yes or no answer.

Edit: will you play the vanilla DayZ mod if you could find a vanilla DayZ server?

Edited by whisperbow

It's not coming out. It's been 6 months "waiting for approval"

But I play the mod much more often than the standalone. The standalone only holds my attention for very short periods of time.

Edited by Disgraced

I probably won't.

I didn't even know the mod was still being worked on...is there a separate team that works on the mod still? Anyone know per chance?

Edited by Rhodes

Haven't played Vanilla DayZ in fucking donkeys! I'm always on Epoch or Overwatch when I play it.

I probably won't.

I didn't even know the mod was still being worked on...is there a separate team that works on the mod still? Anyone know per chance?

Razor is the lead developer for the DayZ mod with his own team, and Rocket is the lead designer for the Stand Alone with his own team .

• Like 1

No way is the standalone better. It has almost the same bugs, some of which have recurred after being removed in the mod. On sheet content alone I prefer the mod.

And if you know where to look, you can play 1.8.1 now. <wink>

• Like 3

look on the horizon for things to come from the original mod

for me I'm not touching SA for several months 

last time I played there were still bugs present that were there many months before the game was released (granted they are hard to fix bugs)

I'll play it when the game has more of a life to it.

You can still find decent vanilla servers with high pop around, brings back memories of the good days, before epoch and all that "1000+ vehicle 250 barracks at Balota" shit 

• Like 3

I dislike the Arma 2 engine even though I played both Arma II and the mod extensively, so no way Jose.

I still played the mod up until I purchased standalone back in January.. maybe February? Anyhow, I still enjoy it if there is a good pop

What is 1.8 all about, I never heard about it? What does it add deep sea fishing or.. horses? 

^kind of curious of that myself. I haven't played the mod in about a year, really. I was sucked into playing Origins and other maps around a year ago to even bother with the vanilla. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the vanilla mod at all, but I played the shit out of it for a while and wanted to see what else was out there.

I still played the mod up until I purchased standalone back in January.. maybe February? Anyhow, I still enjoy it if there is a good pop

What is 1.8 all about, I never heard about it? What does it add deep sea fishing or.. horses? 

Here's a link to the change log http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149483-rolling-changelog-181/

• Like 1

^kind of curious of that myself. I haven't played the mod in about a year, really. I was sucked into playing Origins and other maps around a year ago to even bother with the vanilla. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the vanilla mod at all, but I played the shit out of it for a while and wanted to see what else was out there.

Here's a link to the change log http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149483-rolling-changelog-181/

I dislike the Arma 2 engine even though I played both Arma II and the mod extensively, so no way Jose.

Do you really disassociate the standalone so much from the Arma II engine?

That seems a bit naive, in my estimation. The standalone is a few bare tweaks away from Arma II, bugs and all.

Its literally a carbon copy of BI's Take On Helicoptors Engine, Which is a mix of A2 and A3 systems

they then added most things from A3 into the mix

and then added their own custom things

so in aspect, its a game engine mod, of a game engine mod of a combination of Arma Engines 

Stand Alone is better?

HA!

You jest, you little stinker!

Edited by =FOX= Damocles
  • Like 1

Mod already sucks compared to SA imo.

no... Mod is way better

Edited by Rancor

i still play vanilla mod only... never touched SA so far and probably will wait another few months to see it coming around or failing. too bad it killed the mod.

i still play vanilla mod only... never touched SA so far and probably will wait another few months to see it coming around or failing. too bad it killed the mod.

US3480 has a good amount of players on it.

US3480 has a good amount of players on it.

Yes it does!  My squad and I have been playing here since sometime last November and we LOVE it!  Population has been rising this week too.  We played SA for two weeks and came back to the mod...no regrets.  We jump on SA once a month or so to see the progress, but the mod is still 100 times more fun and stable.  3480 is definitely where it's at for the vanilla DayZ experience!

As for OP's question, yes, I'll be checking out the next patch if/when it releases.

• Like 1

Yes it does!  My squad and I have been playing here since sometime last November and we LOVE it!  Population has been rising this week too.  We played SA for two weeks and came back to the mod...no regrets.  We jump on SA once a month or so to see the progress, but the mod is still 100 times more fun and stable.  3480 is definitely where it's at for the vanilla DayZ experience!

As for OP's question, yes, I'll be checking out the next patch if/when it releases.

Hey knights!

1.8.1 had a few things in place that would have changed a lot about the way the mod feels.

it had bloodtypes, weaponattachments, more crafting possibilites, the lot.

I quite enjoyed testing it and whilst it was still DayZ and sticked to what it was doing best the new features introduced were just insane.

• Like 1