Sign in to follow this  
cgz_uk

Newb..What do now ?

So having gone through the broken leg phase, starvation phase, dehydration phase and finally the get raped but I didn't see them phase. I decided to spend 5 hrs on a dead server checking bases I never made it too on populated servers and in this time I amassed weapons and ammo (usually one or the other)

Mosin, scope, muzzle accuracy enhancer, fully kitted m4, the magnum with quickloader and the .45 pistol with silencer and tactical torch. Mountain rucksack, an ammo case full to the brim with the ammo for the above guns and a full inventory of the hard to get revival gear along with tactical clothing and vest.

After gearing up and learning to find where I was on the map I headed south from the military base and then east through the next to towns and the southern airfield and up towards chapaevsk. I recognised the high rise flats from youtube Frankies videos and though cool I'll go head to the top of one, take a look at the surrounding area from height and go from their.

Got to the top had a nosey around and being 5 hrs into the session I thought what the hell I will rejoin a full server and try to control the area to give me something to do. So immediately after re-logging into a full server my guns make the reload noise so I go prone as I'm on the roof. I then hear the chinging noise of someone else reloading weapons and it sounded close. I thought I'd best cover the shaft incase they come up towards me. So yeah. I position myself and look down the shaft and all is clear so I listen a bit more before altering my position and........

Splat "your dead". Fell down the shaft. 5 hrs gearing up and travelling just to fall to my death within a minute of going on populated server. Anyways, that aside, having geared up well and visited most towns on the map I'm left feeling like I reached end game and not sure what to do next. Is there anything more to do ? Because dying, spawning with nothing again, gearing up then dying, then repeating the same process over and over gets old quickly.

Now I know this is alpha access but what more can be expected from the full game ? because I'm considering moving on to Arma III. I like the graphics and control system in this game but I'm in need more content.

Edited by cgz_uk
  • Like 1

If you don't enjoy the "gearing up" thang from scratch this isn't your game

• Like 4

yes you can expect it with every death unless u run with a group and considering whether they get killed too they would guard your body till you could return. but when full game is complete I'm sure we will have tents or vehicles to store things which you can then horde or stockpile gear then you just regear there really quickly no the downside to that is if someone finds your stash then your back to square one. but yeah if you don't like looting or gearin up which is my favorite part of the game then your in for a long and painful journey goodluck.

• Like 1

Why would you spawn into a hotspot on a crowded server? The point of this game is that there is no point, you play however you want.

• Like 1

Ignore the haters, they are just acting like everyone else in the game....

The time gearing up can be cool once you got it, but time consuming to do and not very fun walking to get the gear.  With that said, the whole point of getting gear is to be able to use it ( probably the biggest source of your frustration )

Agreed with other commenters though, Im a newbie also! Dont gear up and head to a big town!

- If you do gear up and head to a big town for PVP ; approach it from a distance and do some counter-snipering before going into the city

- if you do gear up and head to a big town ; definitely dont shoot the first person you see, most people prefer to walk around with at least one other friend

- DO! Gear up and head to the smaller towns and check it out ( high population servers ), this can offer a better advantage because most larger cities can have multiple teams inside each city and its not until someone makes a noise that all hell breaks loose

- DEFINITELY find a friend or two! I play HERO, and I spent 4 days!!!! doing what you mention above! I would spend hours collected the gear I wanted only to have another "Friendly" <-- quotes, take it all away from me! If your alone people will take advantage of you!

* I had someone call out friendly just so I wouldnt shoot, and we were laying next to each other in the brush when he handcuffed me took all my gear and left me to die

* I have recently grouped up with only 2 people, friends i met under the thread "Clan Recruitment" and have since; our team has killed 8 people. I have killed 1 person. I am maxed out on gear again and now I don't feel so alone in the world

Really, what more do you want?  This is supposed to be a survival game.  Go survive.

Well everything you expect from survival in todays world. Vehicles (obviously fuel would have to be limited), being able to build bases so I don't always have to risk spawning into camper noobs who geared up via server hopping and where I can stockpile supplies. Sticks, a wide spread resource that shouldn't be confined to isolated rare spawns.

Better sounds because right now you can hear fences being knocked, guns reloading, cans popping and food eating and cannot tell where its coming from. The person might not even be anywhere near. Cutting out the fake noises too.. Go on a dead server and you can still hear people drinking and reloading ammo etc.

Better interaction from players. Of all the people I've met only two have not killed me. If this were real survival most people would not kill on sight even if law and order had broken down.

Please do not take me for a whiner. I'm just asking what more to expect in regards to what the full game might offer and it follows the trend of the arma mod version with the above mentioned base building and resource gathering then that is cool. By the way I'm not slating the game, this the first die/start over game I've played and am pretty addicted.

Also, hopefully in future they will put a system in place that stops dead server gearing up, then there wont be as many newb spawn campers.

Edited by cgz_uk
  • Like 1

Well everything you expect from survival in todays world. Vehicles (obviously fuel would have to be limited), being able to build bases so I don't always have to risk spawning into camper noobs who geared up via server hopping and where I can stockpile supplies. Sticks, a wide spread resource that shouldn't be confined to isolated rare spawns.

Better sounds because right now you can hear fences being knocked, guns reloading, cans popping and food eating and cannot tell where its coming from. The person might not even be anywhere near. Cutting out the fake noises too.. Go on a dead server and you can still hear people drinking and reloading ammo etc.

Better interaction from players. Of all the people I've met only two have not killed me. If this were real survival most people would not kill on sight even if law and order had broken down.

Please do not take me for a whiner. I'm just asking what more to expect in regards to what the full game might offer and it follows the trend of the arma mod version with the above mentioned base building and resource gathering then that is cool. By the way I'm not slating the game, this the first die/start over game I've played and am pretty addicted.

Also, hopefully in future they will put a system in place that stops dead server gearing up, then there wont be as many newb spawn campers.

Dean hasn't somehow forgotten all of those features between making the mod and going across to the Stand Alone. I'm sure most of the mod and the best bits of the mods mods will make an appearance within SA given time. If vehicles won't be in for at least 4 more months you can get a vague idea of the time scale here! SA isn't going to be complete for a while, the warning message that appears everytime you start the game makes that pretty clear.

Dean hasn't somehow forgotten all of those features between making the mod and going across to the Stand Alone. I'm sure most of the mod and the best bits of the mods mods will make an appearance within SA given time. If vehicles won't be in for at least 4 more months you can get a vague idea of the time scale here! SA isn't going to be complete for a while, the warning message that appears everytime you start the game makes that pretty clear.

Yeah I fully understand the game is incomplete and in alpha stage and it's great that we can buy access to "test the game". What I'm saying is that I've haven't played arma ever before and I do like the control system because it not stupidly blistering paced like BF series for example. So having no experience I just wondered what we are likely to expect.

Anyway, I've had a bit more content fill today. I stuck with populated servers, found a pristine mosin early on and some round and set off on a hike east then north to the airfield. I prefer this route because there seem to be less die hard killas. On my way I bumped into 3 players. The 1st was one of those seemingly harmless types that run at you. Paranoia kicked in and he swiftly ended up with a fire axe in his scull. I warned him to back off. The next was weird. Some dude was prone and just spinning in a circle in the grass, no communication so I though he had problems, maybe a broken leg so I planted the fire axe in the back of skull.

The 3rd guy, well lets just say he never saw me so I positioned behind him with my mosin aimed nicely and asked him to stop and stand there being as he too had a mosin and fireaxe on the shoulders. He turned to face me wave then put his axe in hands.. I assumed he click the wrong button and actually meant to pull his mosin on me. Needless to say I pulled the trigger to the yelp of  "friendly". He was ammo'd up to hell but sadly my one shot ruined every item in his inventory /sadface.

One other bit of content I liked in the spray painting of stuff. I was watching some of FrankieonPC1080p videos and in one he painted his mosin which turned out a dull green all over. So I sprayed mine with green paint and it came out a cool looking camo color! sweet.

3Q2Cwiz.jpg

It seems that applying paint can give various design outcomes, is that right ? I did actually spray it black before green :) Anyways next content for me shall be a nato peacekeeper or anti-bandit I think ;)

Edited by cgz_uk

Ok... you need to learn from that simple lesson: 

NEVER LOG INTO A HIGH PVP ZONE, OUT IN THE OPEN, ON A HIGH-POP SERVER. 

Its as simple as that.. just learn from what happened, and start having fun again :)