Crazy_Spider

Worst DayZ players I've ever met?

[Edit: I'd like to point out that I only had a magnum in this story. I didn't have an M4, I didn't have a blaze or any sort of rifle. I had a magnum with around 50 bullets and 2 speedloaders for it.]                                 Hey guys, I think I've met, and dealt with the worst DayZ players I've ever seen in my over 120 hours of playtime. Honestly, these people were so dumb. I'll start out from the very beginning (Sorry I didn't get this recorded, I didn't have my recording software open and couldn't take the time to open it).

Anyway, I was looting Elektro, just getting ready to leave and head to cherno. I suddenly heard the crack of an M4 about 40-50M away from me. I judged the direction and decided to go slow and slightly to the right of where I heard it. I heard another gunshot later, and followed that. It was the same guys. 

I finally met them. I found them in the firestation closest to the supermarket. I didn't try to kill them in hopes of them being friendly. As soon as we met it got awkward, we just stood in silence after we agreed not to kill eachother, for now...

I finally broke the silence by asking him why he was holding handcuffs. He said "Sorry dude, wrong button" I'm thinking "Yeah right, better watch this guy". His buddy is standing there with an M4, and I'm getting scared to death thinking I should book it. I decide to run to some "decent" cover. I climb the ladder to the top of the industrial building next to the fire-station. I sit there for a moment sorting my inventory.

While I'm up there, I feel like I'm being watched, so I look to the top of the fire-station, and see the same dude that tried to cuff me sitting on top of the fire-station. I just start running in circles like a madman asking him "Why you aiming that gun at me bro, not a good idea, trust me.". He says "Ahh man, just gotta keep an eye on you, you DO have a gun you know." So by instinct I don't trust him and keep running around the roof, having no idea where his M4 butt-buddy went. So after running for about 10 minutes I see the first bullet smack into the ground near my feet. Then M4 bullets join it for a moment. 

In my moment of distress I tried to wait until he pulled his bolt back to take my shot. This was very difficult since I'd been running for so long, but I took the shot anyway, and hit him on my first try right in the good ol' heart. In real life it would have been a kill shot, but in game it just knocked him unconcious. I immediately retreat from the top of the industrial building, knowing that his M4 buddy will be around here somewhere. I sat and thought for a few moments behind the industrial building, and I decided to make my way into the firestation at the back entrance. I finally get in there, making sure it's clear, then I go to the top floor of the firestation. I see Mr. M4 on top of the industrial building, and I take 12 shots at him, hoping that it would have killed him, 4 hit, but only knocked him unconcious.

I made my way to the top of the fire-station via. ladder. I of course thought that the guy on top was dead, but he wasn't. He says "You shot my friend, he was innocent!". I only have my fists out, he fails to hit me with his mosin, and I punch him and he falls off the building. I go down and loot his body, taking all his ammo and his mosin. I then go over to the M4 guy, and he says... Take a guess... He says "Revive me". I said "sure man, just let me take your ammo so you can't shoot me". I naturally just loot his food and medical supplies, then I shoot him in the face 5 times with my revolver. As I do that, a crazy man in a red shirt runs at me with a crowbar, no idea where he came from. I just shoot him twice and say I'm sorry for killing him, and that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Overall, I just want to say this was the most exhilarating, and most intense gun fight I've had in DayZ so far, and I'm also extremely disappointed in the fact that that dude's M4 buddy couldn't hit me... Sorry that the post is so long, but I really felt I had to share this story. Cheers. 

Edited by Crazy_Spider
  • Like 12

No. There are worse. I killed 4 fully geared guys with m4's with an axe...they had bullets.

• Like 1

The most intense 1 on 1 firefight I was ever in with a dumb person... Let's see...

We met a random dude in a firestation, we played nice and made friends. But my buddy... didn't like him. Sure enough, we stopped to refill at a pond, and he shot my friend in the back of the head. I was in the back, and instinctively dived into the water to hide. While my friend loaded his mosin, he was killed. I inch out of the water, moving through the weeds. I have an FNX with one mag. He is now in the hills, and I suppress him for a few minutes. He starts to push up, and I fire twice again. I watch his shoulder explode. He panics, and misses half a mag on me. I hit him one more time in the arm, and run out of ammo. He wastes another STANAG and reloads, this time breaking my leg. He stands over me, and needlessly empties another 15 bullets into my head.

^ Worst shot eva.

lol @ punching the guy off the building

I know right, I laughed so hard when it happened, I tried to just knock him out, but knocking him off the building! Priceless!

The M4 is pretty inaccurate and has a lot of recoil. I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, but that's just my experience with it. I've done much better with just about every other gun in the game.

The M4 is pretty inaccurate and has a lot of recoil. I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, but that's just my experience with it. I've done much better with just about every other gun in the game.

Agreed, I've only really kept an M4 in comparison to a mosin in 1 life, and that was when I had every possible attachment on the M4 with all pristine parts, only to be killed by an exploiter...

Great story and an intense firefight - pretty sketchy guys, though!

Great story and an intense firefight - pretty sketchy guys, though!

I know, they seemed really nice when I first met them, then after a few minutes it was obvious their intentions were to cuff me and then mess with me...

Fresh spawn on low pop server near electro. Went straigt to he powerplant and looked around. Climbed on the roof on the firestation. Only had an fireaxe. Suddenly I see three people running around the firestation. Say "Hello, I'm friendly". One of the three is looking at me, suddenly starts shooting, but misses.

Ok, here we go. One of the three thought it was a good to climb on the roof to me. No it wasn't. Chopped him down. About one minute later, the second guy climbs up the ladder, just to get his head chopped by my axe. I mean, what where they thinking?

The third guys was a bit smarter. Since he saw I head no firearm, he climb on that little roof on the powerplant to shoot me from there. Bad for him I looted the Magnum from one of his mates. I wasn't shooting him right away, waited to see what he's gonna do. He shot at me, hit me, but not killed me, I killed him with the Magnum. At this point I was low on blood, bandaged me and wanted to climb down. As soon as my foot touched the ground, I died.

End of story: 3 well geard guys dead, one fresh spawn with an axe dead.

tl;dr: Tyrone kept it real.

a75w.png

Edited by MoZed
  • Like 2

Why even bother interacting with players atm, just kos,or they will do it.

I've actually ran into many friendly players so far in my 120 hours. Honestly, I'd rather talk to some guys and have a little fun, rather than shooting them and being lonely forever (At least when I'm not playing w/ friends). I'd rather just get held up and fed bananas than KoS.

• Like 1

I feel sad for the dude with the crowbar though

Same here, I tried talking to him asking him if he was alive, but I think he just rage quit or something and left? ;/ I could've revived him if he was unconcious, too.

Put magpul parts on it and it will inprove a lot

I sometimes sit on overwatch 874 yards away from Balota Airfield and I wait for people to log off on top of the ATC tower for a free kill. 

This is a totally ridiculous standpoint, and a cop-out justification for your own KOS mentality.

I've met a lot of friendly players, in fact I'd say my Hostile to Friendly ratio with randoms is somewhere in the 60/40 range. Regardless of whether or not we team up, or just meet up, have a quick conversation and say our goodbyes, there are plenty of friendly players around Chernarus.

I speak as one of them.

• Like 4

I sometimes sit on overwatch 874 yards away from Balota Airfield and I wait for people to log off on top of the ATC tower for a free kill. 

No kill counter or leaderboard. Shooting stationary targets who can't even see or hear you?

Wow, skillz.

I've had people rush me with axes at Firestations, only for them to die from a double-tap from my good old magnum.

Then they cuss at me on mic.

[Edit: I'd like to point out that I only had a magnum in this story. I didn't have an M4, I didn't have a blaze or any sort of rifle. I had a magnum with around 50 bullets and 2 speedloaders for it.]                                 Hey guys, I think I've met, and dealt with the worst DayZ players I've ever seen in my over 120 hours of playtime. Honestly, these people were so dumb. I'll start out from the very beginning (Sorry I didn't get this recorded, I didn't have my recording software open and couldn't take the time to open it).

Anyway, I was looting Elektro, just getting ready to leave and head to cherno. I suddenly heard the crack of an M4 about 40-50M away from me. I judged the direction and decided to go slow and slightly to the right of where I heard it. I heard another gunshot later, and followed that. It was the same guys. 

I finally met them. I found them in the firestation closest to the supermarket. I didn't try to kill them in hopes of them being friendly. As soon as we met it got awkward, we just stood in silence after we agreed not to kill eachother, for now...

I finally broke the silence by asking him why he was holding handcuffs. He said "Sorry dude, wrong button" I'm thinking "Yeah right, better watch this guy". His buddy is standing there with an M4, and I'm getting scared to death thinking I should book it. I decide to run to some "decent" cover. I climb the ladder to the top of the industrial building next to the fire-station. I sit there for a moment sorting my inventory.

While I'm up there, I feel like I'm being watched, so I look to the top of the fire-station, and see the same dude that tried to cuff me sitting on top of the fire-station. I just start running in circles like a madman asking him "Why you aiming that gun at me bro, not a good idea, trust me.". He says "Ahh man, just gotta keep an eye on you, you DO have a gun you know." So by instinct I don't trust him and keep running around the roof, having no idea where his M4 butt-buddy went. So after running for about 10 minutes I see the first bullet smack into the ground near my feet. Then M4 bullets join it for a moment. 

In my moment of distress I tried to wait until he pulled his bolt back to take my shot. This was very difficult since I'd been running for so long, but I took the shot anyway, and hit him on my first try right in the good ol' heart. In real life it would have been a kill shot, but in game it just knocked him unconcious. I immediately retreat from the top of the industrial building, knowing that his M4 buddy will be around here somewhere. I sat and thought for a few moments behind the industrial building, and I decided to make my way into the firestation at the back entrance. I finally get in there, making sure it's clear, then I go to the top floor of the firestation. I see Mr. M4 on top of the industrial building, and I take 12 shots at him, hoping that it would have killed him, 4 hit, but only knocked him unconcious.

I made my way to the top of the fire-station via. ladder. I of course thought that the guy on top was dead, but he wasn't. He says "You shot my friend, he was innocent!". I only have my fists out, he fails to hit me with his mosin, and I punch him and he falls off the building. I go down and loot his body, taking all his ammo and his mosin. I then go over to the M4 guy, and he says... Take a guess... He says "Revive me". I said "sure man, just let me take your ammo so you can't shoot me". I naturally just loot his food and medical supplies, then I shoot him in the face 5 times with my revolver. As I do that, a crazy man in a red shirt runs at me with a crowbar, no idea where he came from. I just shoot him twice and say I'm sorry for killing him, and that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Overall, I just want to say this was the most exhilarating, and most intense gun fight I've had in DayZ so far, and I'm also extremely disappointed in the fact that that dude's M4 buddy couldn't hit me... Sorry that the post is so long, but I really felt I had to share this story. Cheers. 

Sounds like friendly players trying to dabble with KOS/PVP.  They were probably nervous and inexperienced at that type of play.

Nice story though.

I hate m4 as well, seems mostly spray and pray with the crappy accuracy.

haha. bandit tryhards emulating youtube videos.

they fall the fastest!

also thinking he can ironsight you at 50m with an m4 on full auto... lol.

don't waste time on these teamspeak "bandits" - just kill em.

they fall the fastest!

The fact that people use the "no fire switch" excuse for their bad aim... Have they EVER heard of fire control? Double-Tapping? NOTHIN'?

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic

they fall the fastest!

The dude with the M4 didn't do much, I'm guessing he was on TS with his friend, and his friend probably said "Go loot, I'll be able to take this noob on" or something like that. Then I ended up knocking his buddy unconcious and the M4 dude came back only to get shot in the chest 3 times :p

• Like 1

The fact that people use the "no fire switch" excuse for their bad aim... Have they EVER heard of fire control? Double-Tapping? NOTHIN'?

press "T" for semi auto fire/both barrels

press "T" for semi auto fire/both barrels

Wow, I didn't know that. I always thought that O changed fire mode *Facepalm*. I learned that T fired both barrels just recently, but didn't know it affected fire modes ^^

• Like 1