Spinnyd223

Where are the updates? **crickets chirping**

@Window Licker

You just put my feelings in words. It's bloody frustrating reading people's posts that contain nothing but idle ranting, while they seem to absolutely refuse to think about the issue or to try understanding it.

Well, i guess logorrhea is contageious...

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

'Full retail price' morons please try to remember people are paying $60 for boring cookie cutter console ports. Now we pay HALF that price for the SA, or even less for other great pc games.

The only stupid people here are the ones that think they paid $60 for the standalone. I paid $30 for the standalone, which is $3 less than what I paid for the arma 3 alpha last summer, that is now a $60 game that gets free content updates. BI is a shining example of the future of pc gaming.

As far as I'm concerned you all can gtfo back to battlefield on your xbone. Maths is clearly not being taught in schools anymore

Actually when standalone leave alpha state the price is going up, we get a large discount for investing and testing their product.

If you are in some weird way suggesting that they are doing us a kindness for not charging us $60 for dayz that is just hilarious.

I've seen free mods provide lightyears more content than dayz has for free.

Dayz IS just a mod.. Call it standalone if you like but its always going to be a modification of arma no matter what.

Its like putting a moustache on and trying to pass yourself off as a completely different person.

Its like "hey dayz, heads up, your arma is showing"

The content that the dayz standalone team has actually produced on its own would probably amount to about 30 cents worth of content from a real game.

1. Male and female player model

2. Motorcycle helmet

3. Minor cosmetic items

4. Axe, baseball bat, Wrench...

5. Two zombies

The engine, the map, the weapons, the textures, the interface.. Are all arma2's.

Actually when standalone leave alpha state the price is going up, we get a large discount for investing and testing their product.

Wow they are just too kind (zombie stuck halfway in floor takes out tissue and wipes a teardrop from his cheek)

If you are in some weird way suggesting that they are doing us a kindness for not charging us $60 for dayz that is just hilarious.

I've seen free mods provide lightyears more content than dayz has for free.

Dayz IS just a mod.. Call it standalone if you like but its always going to be a modification of arma no matter what.

Its like putting a moustache on and trying to pass yourself off as a completely different person.

Its like "hey dayz, heads up, your arma is showing"

The content that the dayz standalone team has actually produced on its own would probably amount to about 30 cents worth of content from a real game.

1. Male and female player model

2. Motorcycle helmet

3. Minor cosmetic items

4. Axe, baseball bat, Wrench...

5. Two zombies

The engine, the map, the weapons, the textures, the interface.. Are all arma2's.

You have no idea what you are even talking about.  First of $30 is the price, not $60, so you're wrong already.  Second, the engine had been modified which means they had to do some work on it and thirdly you were warned not buy the damn game.  So how about you do the community and the devs a favor and just leave.  Attitudes like yours are not needed here since you clearly cannot follow any of the announcements on what's been going on with the game.

Same with me, some of my friends think its a joke. I love Day Z , but time to be honest.

Lets not beat around the bush, 3 months later and the map is still empty. Theres nothing to do ! The zombies arent challenging. One hit from a fireaxe and its not even a headshot to kill. There supposed to be zombies. theres no challenge. Wheres the apocalypse? Food and drink are common place everywhere you go. Easy peasey. No Challenge. Feels like   a walk in the park.

Walk in the park?  Are you playing on servers with 2 people?   Try playing servers with more than 20 people on them and head to electra or any airfield.   This fucking game is very hard when you engage people.

I am simply suggesting anyone that thinks the standalone is 'full retail price' is a moron. And he is probably the same moron that spent $200 on battlefield and it's dlc

• Like 1

Walk in the park?  Are you playing on servers with 2 people?   Try playing servers with more than 20 people on them and head to electra or any airfield.   This fucking game is very hard when you engage people.

The base game needs to be more difficult. You are saying the danger is from other players.

alf-sigin-alf-33176064-480-360.jpg

Edit:

AgentNe0: You are a very bad troll, a 12 year old spoiled brat, an uneducated guy that can't read and doesn't want to understand things or suffering from a mental handicap (in that case, sorry for my harsh words)

Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies =/= MORE zombies. They only RESPAWN. But as we all know by now, you can't read.

There was an experimental update yesterday. But:

The changelog didn't change...because it's for the same patch described there.

There is no new patch because there were 3 major issues that had to be dealt with that occured on experimental. Since 2 weeks (nearly) they are fighting these issues. And I really don't think that 1) they are working slow on purpose 2) the people not involved in killing these bugs are doing nothing c)any new update is held back until these issues are resolved.

2 of them are resolved and for the last one hicks twittered yesterday:

So...let's wait & see. Or wait & whine. Whatever suits you.

Honestly you put one stupid giff then moan when i answer, then you go back and edit to make yourself look good.

I think we all know who the troll is, every single post you make is an aggressive 'go' at someone else. Try been polite and organising your post properly, explain your arguments, and don't run back for a re-edit when you look like a troll. Completely moronic behaviour Jack and I don't take any of your posts seriously because all you do is troll, wind up and never explain properly. I am 28 years old and unlike you I am not blinded by fanboyism and I will speak my mind when I believe these updates have somewhat ceased the last month or so, compared to the earlier activity. What has happened since late Feb I ask again? not much!

This is a forum!!! people entitled to give their honest feedback!

otherwise the game will turn into an easy mode PVP gun fest, like most of you want

All my points strive to make base game more difficult, PVP is boring

Edited by AgentNe0

Neo you should click the link caboose posted. That will answer your question, and if it doesn't then read again

That video of the dayz devblog just further proves the point that this game is going nowhere.

-Flashlights now work during day time..uhh what?

-Physics.. Physics have been in every game since half life 2.. Should have been in alpha from the start. Certainly doesn't warrant playing the game any more or less.

-Hunting.. Cool now i can be bored with a pig to accompany me

-New house in the map.. Changes nothing

-Permanant backpacks that you can hide.. cool i guess

-Desync fix.. Should be ashamed this was even an issue to begin with. Never heard of a game having "de-sync" in my 15+yrs of gaming.

-Bicycles. Only part of the video that i was happy about.

Seems like the finished product will be nothing more than the free dayz mod we've always already had..

Seems like they are just putting in stuff for the sake of putting in stuff.. Dean hall mentally checked out of dayz a LONG time ago. Now he is just milking the clock until he can get the hell out of there

Edited by Spinnyd223

That video of the dayz devblog just further proves the point that this game is going nowhere.

-Physics.. Physics have been in every game since half life 2.. Should have been in alpha from the start. Certainly doesn't warrant playing the game any more or less.

-Desync fix.. Should be ashamed this was even an issue to begin with. Never heard of a game having "de-sync" in my 15+yrs of gaming.

Seems like the finished product will be nothing more than the free dayz mod we've always already had..

Seems like they are just putting in stuff for the sake of putting in stuff.. Dean hall mentally checked out of dayz a LONG time ago. Now he is just milking the clock until he can get the hell out of there

Then gtfo and don't come back. :d
  • Like 2

Honestly you put one stupid giff then moan when i answer, then you go back and edit to make yourself look good.

It's "gif" (Graphics interchange format), not "giff"  and actually it's not a gif, it's a jpg.

And I edited my post to look good? Well obviously you couldn't didn't read the next post from me...(or saw that I wrote "Edit:" in the original post)...

I edited my post. Just for you.

Nah, to be honest for everyone else BUT you, since you can't read. But for you, I post pictures, so you have something to look at.

And even if I wouldn't had written that, everyone can see that and even when a post was edited, because it's written in it...

I think we all know who the troll is, every single post you make is an aggressive 'go' at someone else. Try been polite and organising your post properly, explain your arguments, and don't run back for a re-edit when you look like a troll. Completely moronic behaviour Jack and I don't take any of your posts seriously because all you do is troll, wind up and never explain properly. I am 28 years old and unlike you I am not blinded by fanboyism and I will speak my mind when I believe these updates have somewhat ceased the last month or so, compared to the earlier activity.

Oh, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just can't stand people who can read but refuse to, could think, but don't do it  and instead shouting out "facts" that are so obviously wrong that you just pity them for such a foolish attempt.

The first 2 or 3 times you wrote somethign that fit in that category I tried to be nice and explain you, where you are wrong (e.g. the breaking point thread). What did you do? Ignore the post and repeat your "arguments".

So my answers got a little bit mean. but in fact, I'm not trolling (well ok, the alf-pic was trolling. So, let's say...I'm not only trolling.) I just point out where you are wrong and make an ass out of yourself (e.g.: "Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies =/= MORE zombies.")

And I didn't argue, because that would mean that I posted an opinion, wheile I just quoted the dev team as an answer to your points.

You can say a lot about my posts (they contain bad jokes, sarcasm, are not really proper english since i'm not a native speaker etc.) but in most of them I at least try to be helpful or informative.

And one more time I am not a fanboy - I do see flaws in DayZ, I do criticize them, but just because I don't constantly rant, I'm not a fanboy. Also I don't defend DayZ, because that would mean that I would have stated an opinion...

Speak your mind, that's fine. But for heavens sake, READ befiore you post. Go to the Devtracker section and read the Tweets, follow rocket, hicks etc; go to the linked reddit posts and check them. Go to tumblr and read the official dayz devblog. 99% of what is whined about in this forum is mentioned in one of these 3 medias.

This is a forum!!! people entitled to give their honest feedback!

otherwise the game will turn into an easy mode PVP gun fest, like most of you want

All my points strive to make base game more difficult, PVP is boring

I want DayZ to be as hard and unforgiving as it can be (and honestly I think most people here want it that way...). PvP is a part of it, but in my eyes not more - a part. At the moment it is the main part because there is little else to do, but I also hope for a change here. Make the base game more difficult: Yes, make it as difficult as possible.

Give your feedback, but know the difference between "giving feedback", "critics", "complaining" and "whining".

Edit: sry windowlicker, I heavn't lost hope by now...

Edited by LaughingJack

Godamn ill agree ive been a little disappointed with the speed of the updates and lack of communication, but after seeing whats coming I am very excited and cant wait to play the game again (thats right I got bored and decided to play other games instead of bitching about it on the forums).

I really dont think you understand how much work it takes to add the features that you think are worthless, but really arent and are the stepping stones for a real survival game.

-Flashlights working in day is due to the new hdr lighting I believe which effects much more such as the overall quality of lighting such as fires and lamps.

-physics were not present in the arma 2 engine or the dayz mod, and people complained when they said ragdoll and such wasnt a priority. But hey look there doing it, which is great.

-hunting? Thats a MAJOR feature and is 100% necessary, its basic survival.

-the perma backpacks are for testing, for later things such as tents.

-dysync yea they should be ashamed IF this was a finished game and sold as one.

-oh but bicycles you like? Im guessing your one of these vehicle people, sounds like you just dont want this game but the mod so why not just play the mod.

• Like 1

<snip>

Wrong update buddy. The video is 2 weeks old now (it says 24.th feb...), this week there's no video in the tumblr devblog, neither last week blogentry had one. But good to see how you keep up with development while making thoughtful comments in the forum.

Also, you clearly have no clue about developing or programming. e.g. "physics": It is quite a big deal if you dont use an existing engine for it. And it's needed for ragdoll, it's needed for vehicles, throwing etc. etc. etc.

But you know what? read the whole devblog and watch some of the streams they made and after that we can have a nice and civilized conversation.

• Like 1

'Full retail price' morons please try to remember people are paying $60 for boring cookie cutter console ports. Now we pay HALF that price for the SA, or even less for other great pc games.

The only stupid people here are the ones that think they paid $60 for the standalone. I paid $30 for the standalone, which is $3 less than what I paid for the arma 3 alpha last summer, that is now a $60 game that gets free content updates. BI is a shining example of the future of pc gaming.

As far as I'm concerned you all can gtfo back to battlefield on your xbone. Maths is clearly not being taught in schools anymore

alf-sigin-alf-33176064-480-360.jpg

Edit:
AgentNe0: You are a very bad troll, a 12 year old spoiled brat, an uneducated guy that can't read and doesn't want to understand things or suffering from a mental handicap (in that case, sorry for my harsh words)

Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies =/= MORE zombies. They only RESPAWN. But as we all know by now, you can't read.

There was an experimental update yesterday. But:
The changelog didn't change...because it's for the same patch described there.

There is no new patch because there were 3 major issues that had to be dealt with that occured on experimental. Since 2 weeks (nearly) they are fighting these issues. And I really don't think that 1) they are working slow on purpose 2) the people not involved in killing these bugs are doing nothing c)any new update is held back until these issues are resolved.

2 of them are resolved and for the last one hicks twittered yesterday:

So...let's wait & see. Or wait & whine. Whatever suits you.

Jesus, the fanboy force is strong with these ones

BI is a shining example of the future of pc gaming.

LOL, just LOL.

And the other one calling everyone retarded without putting any arguments on table, yeah, for sure we all are the 12 year kids and you're the mature one here, dude.

Damn random person on the internet you really just wrecked my feelings i am hurting so badly right now.

Nobody even plays dayz.. They just like the idea of dayz. Thats why they bought it. To be a part of the trend. I have 14 people on my steam friends list who all have less than an hour played on dayz. And the other 20 people have about 2 hours played max.. Dayz is more of like.. a mirage than anything. It's the imagination in all of us that gives dayz its value, the thought of what it COULD be.. Unfortunately its lead by someone who has a completely different agenda. Capitolize, profit. evacuate.

Go on dayz right now and take off the ping limit.. every server has 0 players.. Maybe 1-3 topps.

Warz has a ton more people playing right now than dayz does. At least 100x more players at any given moment in this past month.

Even friday at around 6pm usually when all games have the most players the dayz servers were just mostly empty. People are now becoming aware that dayz offers very little in terms of entertainment value. Just look at all the servers right now it speaks for itself.

its just a shame because they made millions off dayz already.. Its been on the top of the steam charts since its debut.. Someone is seriously withholding funds.

Dean hall is just the one guy smart enough to see this and capitolize on it with minimal effort and made millions.. He has made enough to hire a company of hundreds of people and create the next "valve" in terms of PC gaming.. But he doesnt give a crap about dayz.. He is witholding all the funds for himself and can't even pretend he cares (already announced leaving during alpha)

The amount of time it took between the moment the free dayz mod popularity skyrocketed, and the time it took to produce the standalone was evidence enough that the game was going nowhere. Now that dayz standalone has finally come out and a number of months have passed with nothing added is further proof that dayz is just a road of empty dreams. It's just not gonna happen.

dayz is and always will be just a mirage of what COULD HAVE BEEN.  **teardrop**

• Like 2

i'm not saying that it ceased completely, i'm saying that theyre doing it the slowliest possible way, as they already got their payment.

Now they just need to add a gun and a hat each month to keep fanboys from killing themselves, the game's already paid for itself and much more. no point in doing it in scheduled time.

I forgot that every big budget triple A title always launches on time. It's only paid-for alphas that slow down.

Honestly, you act like this game SA has been missing projected progress timelines for years, like Duke Nukem Forever.

Just because we're trying to inject reason into doomsday prophecies of this game doesn't make us "fanboys". Will there ve hiccups? Delays? Game breaking issues that need ironing out? Yes.

People may even be right about this game's future and BI will sell it off and we'll end up with a shitty game completed by a second dev team halfway through.

Problem is, we don't have any proof that any of this is the case. We have a delay in stable branch updates as they prepare to release a massive implementation of physics and gameplay features that incorporate it.

But again, people want it NOW NOW NOW, or else they believe the dev team is asleep at the wheel.

Then gtfo and don't come back. :D

oh, yeah, cause when somebody pays for something in development, he should just GTFO, right?

THIS IS A FREE MOD, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ANYTHING FOR IT, SO DONT WHINE... OH WAIT... we actually paid for it, this speech doesnt work anymore.

• Like 1