Spinnyd223

Where are the updates? **crickets chirping**

The rate of these patches are taking so long. And for what? A cooking pot? Idk about you guys.. But this is starting to seem pretty hopeless. Yeah i know they doubled the size of the dev team but from 5 to 10 people isn't that much of an improvement.. A game of this scale needs a studio.. and massive manpower if they want to ever seriously consider bringing us the features they originally hoped for.. Bohemia is the publisher i understand that.. But whats the developer team name of the people who make dayz? Dean hall? Created by dean hall on the main menu page? Even WARZ has a developer studio and a group name "hammerpoint" Is dayz team even real? So why is bohemia and dean hall only employing "indie" manpower to a big name game? Dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc sellers in the last decade.. Where is the money?

I just keep looking everyday for patches to come for dayz on steam and it just never happens, And im not surprised honestly.

I dont think people fully understand the man power and resources required to make a game.. If you look at a game like interstellar marines who has a developer team of 12 (more than dayz).. They have been working on that game for about 8 years and the progress is minimal at best. There is not even a crouch button yet. Indie games take forever.. Just making fez took one man three years to make.

Another example is, grand theft auto4.. ONE THOUSAND people working on it.. 5 years to make.

When i saw the sucess of dayz standalone i was 100% sure that dean hall would open his own game studio, give it a name, than hire hundreds of developers to bring us the best survival game of all time..

dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc games in the last decade.. They have made more money than most triple A developers do on their pc titles.

So we know they have money.. Where is it?  So the excuse of "small dev team" is no longer a viable excuse..

Edited by Spinnyd223
  • Like 31

Well, you see, the game was 'flawed from the start'

*shrug*

• Like 8

Well now they have bajillions of dollars to unflaw it.. so whats the excuse now

• Like 12

Well now they have bajillions of dollars to unflaw it.. so whats the excuse now

They bought to many tacos......... XD

• Like 2

Uh oh.  Time for me to point out again that Chris Roberts has 218 people full time making Star Citizen.     An time for every Dayz fan to tell me Chris Roberts is wrong but Bohemia and Dean are right to have 30.

So does anyone believe me yet that Bohemia is not serious about finishing the game and are secretly shopping the title to sell it to a bigger company?   I pray to God Im wrong, because its likely Dayz would never be completed or sold if that is the case.

So does anyone believe me yet that Bohemia is not serious about finishing the game and are secretly shopping the title to sell it to a bigger company?   I pray to God Im wrong, because its likely Dayz would never be completed or sold if that is the case.

I sometimes think about that as well.. A lot of developers often sell their game in an unfinished state and I have no idea what reason that could be.

The rate of these patches are taking so long. And for what? A cooking pot? Idk about you guys.. But this is starting to seem pretty hopeless. Yeah i know they doubled the size of the dev team but from 5 to 10 people isn't that much of an improvement.. A game of this scale needs a studio.. and massive manpower if they want to ever seriously consider bringing us the features they originally hoped for.. Bohemia is the publisher i understand that.. But whats the developer team name of the people who make dayz? Dean hall? Created by dean hall on the main menu page? Even WARZ has a developer studio and a group name "hammerpoint" Is dayz team even real? So why is bohemia and dean hall only employing "indie" manpower to a big name game? Dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc sellers in the last decade.. Where is the money?

I dont think people fully understand the man power and resources required to make a game.. If you look at a game like interstellar marines who has a developer team of 12 (more than dayz).. They have been working on that game for about 8 years and the progress is minimal at best. There is not even a crouch button yet. Indie games take forever.. Just making fez took one man three years to make.

Another example is, grand theft auto4.. ONE THOUSAND people working on it.. 5 years to make.

When i saw the sucess of dayz standalone i was 100% sure that dean hall would open his own game studio, give it a name, than hire hundreds of developers to bring us the best survival game of all time..

dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc games in the last decade.. They have made more money than most triple A developers do on their pc titles.

So we know they have money.. Where is it?  So the excuse of "small dev team" is no longer a viable excuse..

So many stupid points in your post, but I'll just pick on the fact that GTA IV was terrible. Rock* even admitted it. Point being, you can devote 1,000 people to a game over a long period of time and it still has the potential of being fucking garbage.

• Like 3

Uh oh.  Time for me to point out again that Chris Roberts has 218 people full time making Star Citizen.     An time for every Dayz fan to tell me Chris Roberts is wrong but Bohemia and Dean are right to have 30.

You are comparing a game that is being build from the ground up to a game that is heavily based on an existing engine. Big difference.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 5

Are you serious? how old are you 12? There is no single valid agrument in your post OP. Obviously you lack skills in reading or understanding what you read.

-Its not about the Cooking Pot, its about the new server messaging system, wich is kind of a complex change to the architecture itself.

-Bohemia interactive is the Studio.

-Dont buy indie games then, so i dont have to read your verbal gush. Or at least dont compare them to AAA Titles.

-YOU dont really understand [please insert anything here]

And please dont just create accounts on this forum to create stupid rant threads. (even if you bought a game just because it is successful)

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 11

You are comparing a game that is being build from the ground up to a game that is heavily based on an existing engine. Big difference.

But which game has more problems? It is possible,but I cant prove it, that fixing all the core issues of Dayz while trying to implement new concepts like bases and vehicles....... Is just as much or more work than starting from the beginning.    If im wrong, then I will be glad Dayz can be successfully completed.

Are you serious? how old are you 12? There is no single valid agrument in your post OP. Obviously you lack skills in reading or understanding what you read.

-Its not about the Cooking Pot, its about the new server messaging system, wich is kind of a complex change to the architecture itself.

-Bohemia interactive is the Studio.

-Dont buy indie games then, so i dont have to read your verbal gush. Or at least dont compare them to AAA Titles.

-YOU dont really understand [please insert anything here]

And please dont just create accounts on this forum to create stupid rant threads. (even if you bought a game just because it is successful)

Ha at least im not some 50yr old fighting with young people about a video game and actually getting mad.. Grow up dude. And you calling people 12 is a pretty immature thing for a grown man to say considering you are at the age most grown men would be parents by now

and bohemia interactive is the studio? What? Do you even know what a studio is?  It's a damn room or building an artist or developer rents or owns. So you are saying bohemia is a room? Bohemia interactive is to dayz as EA is to dice. They are the publisher. Bohemia granted dean hall project lead and a large signing bonus.. So bohemia is the studio? What the hell does that even mean?

And bohemia is not an indie developer.. Fail x2

Edited by Spinnyd223
  • Like 4

Well I'm hoping now they have a bigger dev team we will maybe see less frequent but larger and more polished patchs at least that's what I'm hoping the reason is for the drop off in patch updates, that being said DH seems to of been very quite lately :huh:

Edited by Furyk
  • Like 1

They have actually been quite active and moving forward on the experimental, doing the right thing and testing before it gets pushed stable ...  people bitch about new content coming out when no bug fixing happens and then people bitch when no new content comes out because they have been bug chasing/squashing.   So many moronic topics are made anymore, I don't envy the mods here.

• Like 2

Ha at least im not some 50yr old fighting with young people about a video game and actually getting mad.. Grow up dude. And you calling people 12 is a pretty immature thing for a grown man to say considering you are at the age most grown men would be parents by now

and bohemia interactive is the studio? What? Do you even know what a studio is?  It's a damn room or building an artist or developer rents or owns. So you are saying bohemia is a room? Bohemia interactive is to dayz as EA is to dice. They are the publisher. Bohemia granted dean hall project lead and a large signing bonus.. So bohemia is the studio? What the hell does that even mean?

And bohemia is not an indie developer.. Fail x2

Sir, please do a google search on Bohemia Interactive Studio before you look any more stupid.

• Like 1

dude people like you need to just shut up and be patient, sick of poeple crying... they dont release everything so fast because they want to make sure everything is right before they release, and just remember ITS AN ALPHA, the game is NOT FLAWED, YOU ARE.... and just wait it will come, dude seriuosly...THEY ARE WORKING ON IT...just chill out and wait bro...AND STOP COMPLAINING.

Edited by DennisTheRussian
  • Like 1

he just doesnt get it! 

He's also comparing a game that is being built from the players wallet.   By which I mean they are already charging outrageous prices, up to $15,000 for ship packages.

• Like 1

But which game has more problems? It is possible,but I cant prove it, that fixing all the core issues of Dayz while trying to implement new concepts like bases and vehicles....... Is just as much or more work than starting from the beginning. If im wrong, then I will be glad Dayz can be successfully completed.

I'm convinced you're a marketer for Star Citizen. That's all you talk about on these forums.

All you do is praise how it's a perfect game and it's not even in like, pre-alpha

So you're either trying to market for them, or you're an insanely delusional fan boy.

They have actually been quite active and moving forward on the experimental, doing the right thing and testing before it gets pushed stable ...  people bitch about new content coming out when no bug fixing happens and then people bitch when no new content comes out because they have been bug chasing/squashing.   So many moronic topics are made anymore, I don't envy the mods here.

Quite active? Uhh.. Theres NEVER any updates, days just keep passing i see updates for all other games in my steam library just none ever for dayz.

And if they really cared about "polishing" each update.. We wouldnt have zombies walking through walls

• Like 3

Quite active? Uhh.. Theres NEVER any updates, days just keep passing i see updates for all other games in my steam library just none ever for dayz.

And if they really cared about "polishing" each update.. We wouldnt have zombies walking through walls

You realize they have been adding constant updates to experimental branch, right?

• Like 1

Sir, please do a google search on Bohemia Interactive Studio before you look any more stupid.

I know bohemia interactive owns a studio. But he said "bohemia is the studio" which makes absolutely no sense.

You realize they have been adding constant updates to experimental branch, right?

Im on the experimental branch.. They never update this game dude

In the interest of developing the game and finishing it sooner, should we had such high hopes of having regular, polished updates? Some people will point to the fact that DayZ is currently in alpha, and I think it bears repeating here. Consider it this way; the game is traditionally released to the public as a polished finished item. Yet you can still look forward to several updates, refining this, adding that.

And that was well after the game left beta! We are in alpha!!

There are very many more updates to come in alpha, beta and afterwards. My god, man! You saw the post! You saw the note when you loaded the game!

Im on the experimental branch.. They never update this game dude

Then you're lying, because they just added 4 guns, updated towns, respawning zombies and new clothes, and that's just last week.

• Like 4