Sign in to follow this  
Sistinas1973

No experimental servers listed / Can't switch back to stable

Been playing on Experimental for a week now and today there seems to be no servers listed for play. Stable servers are there, but they are X'ed out (as they've been ever since I switched to experimental).

I have yet to encounter maintenance, but is that how they do it...remove all experimental servers until it's done? If not, then any idea why they are no longer listed?

Second, as I still want to play, I cannot switch back to stable. When I go to the betas tab the drop down box to choose experimental/stable is locked on experimental. I read I am supposed to use the drop down menu, pick stable, then re-download the file again. 

Experimental is F up at the moment,. epic rubber-banding and char resets

Are you saying that there is no "opt out of beta" option available ?

1. I take it this is not maintenance due to the responses

2. restarting my computer doesn't change the server status when I log in, as I tried this per your suggestion

3. Not that there is no option for "opt out of beta," just that the drop down menu won't give me any options to choose from. It seems stuck and won't function. The box that says: "select a beta you would like to opt into" reads: "experimental-preview testing version." the drop down menu won't allow me to remove/change it. 

Edited by Sistinas1973

Yes, but experimental servers are having trouble and may be down/unavailable.

This is not a good time to try and play on experimental servers.

I have just asked someone to opt out of Experimental test which he has done, so I'm not sure what your problem is !

Sorry about this post. I didn't think this was an issue so I jumped the gun and posted before scrolling through the forums. However, I still have that problem with opt'ing out and switching over. Maybe no DayZ this weekend. To hell.

How to go back to stable: 

Step 1) Open Steam

Step 2) Open your Steam Library

Step 3) Right-click on DayZ

Step 4) Select Properties

Step 5) In the newly opened steam window look for the BETA tab at the top

Step 6) Click on the drop down menu currently displaying EXPERIMENTAL

Step 7) Select NONE - Opt out of beta

Step 8) Open DayZ and you are good to go!

Sorry about this post. I didn't think this was an issue so I jumped the gun and posted before scrolling through the forums. However, I still have that problem with opt'ing out and switching over. Maybe no DayZ this weekend. To hell.

NP.

Thanks for the directions on how to opt out, however, as I previously mentioned, that drop down menu isn't working on my client. 

I had the same problem, when steam was offline yesterday. Today I was able to switch, so steam in zhe offline mode can't change the versions. Have you tried restarting steam?

Edited by warriortyr

well I guess you can't do that while the game is loaded. I had Dayz up in the background and didn't realize it. When I exited out, then went back into steam, it let me opt out....if anyone else cares to know. Thanks for the help. 

.... Ok yeah this solution was so easy, none of us could get it >.<