DesertSage

Very curious about choice of gender.

I've always been curious why guys IRL decide to have female avatars/characters.

Can anyone that do it give me a type of answer/reason? I'm just curious, i've always found it funny.

I have always been curious why people care what fictional game character someone picks. I have always found that funny.

Why does this question come up so often on video game forums, and why does nobody care if girls play as guy characters?

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

Because Alice Packs (which was my in-game name during the mod years).

On a side note my team of eight includes a couple of girls, one white (French), one black (Martinique/French) and a Vietnamese guy (also French).

All three are really pleased with the available character choice and have chosen one that corresponds.

One of the other guys (the rest of us are white €uropeans) has chosen a black male character, for tactical reasons !

• Like 1

I like to play as a Princess sometimes.. yes, a 35 year old bearded Irish, married father of 2 and USMC vet. likes to play a game and sometimes does that as a girl who is a princess.

Day_Z_2014_03_12_00_04_31_27.jpg

Deal with it. :D

You served your country for that freedom. Don't really know who else would have the authority to tell you otherwise.

^Stop that shit right now bro!

He chose to do a job and got paid well for it, he deserves no more recognition than that.

No one that's ever served wants any kind of hero worship and if they do it means they REMF'd it about at bastion or Kandahar.

• Like 1

I always choose to play a girl. Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fallout, Day Z.

If it gives me the option, I usually pick female. I dunno who. Probably cause I grew up without a Dad.

I wish I had a Dad...

If I play on 3pp server then I'll play as a female becouse I don't want to look at male character ass all the time.

On 1pp servers I play as male.

^Stop that shit right now bro!

He chose to do a job and got paid well for it, he deserves no more recognition than that.

No one that's ever served wants any kind of hero worship and if they do it means they REMF'd it about at bastion or Kandahar.

Never!

Edit - it wasn't meant as hero worship, but an attempt at a humorous post to say that he can do whatever he wants, and using his military career as the excuse to get away with.

If he has said he was a garbage man, I would have found a way to incorporate that.

Edited by Demoth

I always choose to play a girl. Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fallout, Day Z.

If it gives me the option, I usually pick female. I dunno who. Probably cause I grew up without a Dad.

I wish I had a Dad...

I grew up without a dad bro but it doesn't make me want to play as a girl in a game LOL.

The fucks wrong with you?

(sorry if you are female)

I just go with the default character, not too bothered to change it.

I like to think my female avatar is a mid op transexual who's managed to keep a steady supply of HRT into the fall of cherno. Imagine a survivalist babs (oh my nipples are like bullets) from league of gentlemen.

Or it could be I haven't changed it so it doesn't randomise.

Edited by Reklaw

I grew up without a dad bro but it doesn't make me want to play as a girl in a game LOL.

The fucks wrong with you?

(sorry if you are female)

I grew up without a Dad too. I was just cracking a joke, bud.

I like to think my female avatar is a mid op transexual who's managed to keep a steady supply of HRT into the fall of cherno. Imagine a survivalist babs (oh my nipples are like bullets) from league of gentlemen.

Or it could be I haven't changed it so it doesn't randomise.

Your post leaves me aroused and confused. I think I'll go start a bar fight to suppress these feeling.

Easy, I'd much rather look at a females ass while I play than a dudes ass. I've been playing female characters in every game I can solely based on this.

• Like 1

Simple. Most computer nerds will play something they can't get in real life.

Now Caboose, after a post like this, I'm going to refer you to it whenever you get agitated and complain that this forum has too many trolls or people who are mean.

For some reason I don't forget the stupidest shit (or work related things) yet can barely remember my own birthday.

• Like 1

Now Caboose, after a post like this, I'm going to refer you to it whenever you get agitated and complain that this forum has too many trolls or people who are mean.

For some reason I don't forget the stupidest shit (or work related things) yet can barely remember my own birthday.

Now now don't get edgy.  Maybe this will ease your mind :p

TVaeAl1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm female and given the choice I always play female characters.  I suppose I like to identify with them and being able to do things that I cannot do in real life, such as wearing armor, riding a tiger or surviving an apocalypse.

The more character customization a game has, the happier I am --- it's like my meta game.  :P

If the option is available, I usually pick old men characters because an old dude who looks like he can ruin someone's day is always pretty cool, at least in my book.

Beanz !

• Like 1

Now now don't get edgy. Maybe this will ease your mind :p

TVaeAl1.jpg

I think the classical "nerd" archetype was more sympathetic before video games.

Now a lot of online no-lifers seem to believe they are gods in the virtual realm who enjoy causing as much misery as the old jock stereotype.

Way off topic, and perhaps too in-depth of a reply to obvious joking... still, it got me thinking, which rarely happens.

I think the classical "nerd" archetype was more sympathetic before video games.

Now a lot of online no-lifers seem to believe they are gods in the virtual realm who enjoy causing as much misery as the old jock stereotype.

Way off topic, and perhaps too in-depth of a reply to obvious joking... still, it got me thinking, which rarely happens.

Kind of how this thread is off topic?  This is the DayZ gameplay discussion, right?