Sign in to follow this  
EvilTigerAce

Someone is very happy right now

He killed me at the NW-Airfield in a HC-server with approx. 5 players total.

I was fully geared and not paying attention to my surroundings, he shot me with a magnum at the middle of the airstrip when I was crossing it. Well done. You suprised me. :)

Next time, you can also just say 'hello', I never KoS.

• Like 1

Airfields... Where COD Free-For-All meets the zed apocalypse...

Yup :beans:

Next time, you can also just say 'hello', I never KoS.

He did with his Mosin...

something similar happened to me OP, had a m4a1 and came across a bayonet. I was so excited that I made the mistake of being at the edge of the tree line.

"you are dead"

• Like 2

He did with his Mosin...

Magnum. I know this game, I even watched the replay (fraps ;) ) and I saw that I simply overlooked him, I thought it was a zombie. He just fired three rounds in my back. I only survived the first two :(

The NWAF has always been a KOS zone (has nothing to do with COD, and the only people who say that are, well COD players or console jockeys)... even if there is only 1 other player on I know to keep my guard up there.

You sir were just taught a valuable lesson, respect the NWAF. Never run across the tarmac.. always flank in from the sides or North/South.

In the future you can expect the same results if you head up there and do not watch your surroundings.

• Like 7

He just fired three rounds in my back. I only survived the first two :(

At least he ruined the beans!

always run on the grass, never across. And even if theres only 2 people online. the odds are that they are in balota. Now always but many times.

however they can also be on low populated servers to:

- not to get killed

- they might be in another military base, or one of the airfields

- Elektro, people do tend to jump loot elektro aswell due to shotgun, fnx, fnx mags, ammunition or food, water

- or they are jumping another city or lootable place

- or maybe something else, who knows what people do in the servers.

• Like 2

The NWAF has always been a KOS zone (has nothing to do with COD, and the only people who say that are, well COD players or console jockeys)

I game in all forms - and I didn't say it had anything to do with COD - but if you can't see my meaning, you need to peep outside the DayZ game for a bit... I stand by my analogy and believe you've backed it unintentionally in your post...

I game in all forms - and I didn't say it had anything to do with COD - but if you can't see my meaning, you need to peep outside the DayZ game for a bit... I stand by my analogy and believe you've backed it unintentionally in your post...

So you compared it to cod because people shoot at eachother on sight?  You're point being questioned has nothing to do with irish not "peeping outside of dayz for a bit", and everything with the simple fact that your anology is rubish...

Edited by taco86
  • Like 2

That makes zero sense buddy... I play all sorts of games also and assuming otherwise is just awesome on your part.

• Like 2

So you compared it to cod because people shoot at eachother on sight?  You're point being questioned has nothing to do with irish not "peeping outside of dayz for a bit", and everything with the simple fact that your anology is rubish...

Selective listening is your culprit - what part of Free For All is beyond your reading comprehension? COD clearly strikes a nerve for some reason - so insert Halo, BF, or any other Free For All supported game and you will get my point...hopefully....

That makes zero sense buddy... I play all sorts of games also and assuming otherwise is just awesome on your part.

I think I'm being misunderstood - much like your 'console jockey' phrasing is interpreted as 'awesome' by myself... Free For All meets zombie apocalypse is the point here... If you are arguing with that, you are just arguing...

I think I'm being misunderstood - much like your 'console jockey' phrasing is interpreted as 'awesome' by myself... Free For All meets zombie apocalypse is the point here... If you are arguing with that, you are just arguing...

No, I think you got called out and are being far too defensive. Stop using COD analogies in regards to Dayz if you want to be taken seriously.

/communication

• Like 1

Crossed the middle of the airstrip? I suppose you were in a quiet server, but still not very clever if you want to stay alive. 

If I saw someone running across the open ground like that I'd make a point of shooting at them to teach them a lesson. Warning shots maybe... Turning into real shots if they still didn't learn.

Everyone I've known in Dayz will tell you the same - NWAF is ALWAYS KOS.

No matter how friendly you think others might be, it's just too much of a gamble to leave anyone else on the airbase while you're there.

Be prepared for that in the future, might save your beans  :beans:

Haha that was me!

I was going to leave you until I saw how careless you were being, plus you encroached into my 50m danger radius.

• Like 2

I was fully geared and not paying attention to my surroundings

Well there you go. Airfield = KoS, at least I thought this was understood by everyone?

• Like 2

Well there you go. Airfield = KoS, at least I thought this was understood by everyone?

Of course! This isn't a rage thread! I admit that > I < was wrong.

It's not his fault that he shot me. It was my fault. I should have looked around me before crossing > I would have seen him > I would have shot him with my SKS if he had a weapon raised at me.

• Like 1

Haha that was me!

I was going to leave you until I saw how careless you were being, plus you encroached into my 50m danger radius.

Lol. Yeah I passed you. hahahaha

did you like my ammo? I hope that you checked my protector's case, it was filled with mosin ammo

Edited by EvilTigerAce

I'm not sure why you think anyone would stop to say 'hello' at the airfield. I'm absolutely not a KoS player, but if I come across another player in a high-value loot area, I'm either going to let them pass if possible, or I'm going to shoot first, ask questions later. The odds that the player isn't going to waste me the first chance they get are just too low. Besides, as others have said already, most players expect that if they're careless enough to get spotted in an area as hostile as that, the inevitable will happen. :p

No, I think you got called out and are being far too defensive. Stop using COD analogies in regards to Dayz if you want to be taken seriously.

/communication

Because COD Free For All analogies have ZERO relevance when traveling the streets and airstrips of Balota or NW airfield... I'm done here and we'll have to agree to disagree then....

Next time you call someone out, when you get riled up on a point for some strange reason, try not to use derogatory references like 'console jockies' on a game that will likely have a large audience via console in the future. We can leave the master race and COD hate to every other place on the internet...

/communication

• Like 2

Warning shots maybe... Turning into real shots if they still didn't learn.

without any way of knowing that you fired warning shots, im sure many other players would assume you where trying to kill them, and subsequently they would then try to kill you.

not saying anything about your methods. just making a note.

• Like 1