Meenos

A list of questions :)

1- can you use wrench for anything ?

2- Can you use the screwdriver for more things than opening a can ?

3- How much blood can you take from a person before or untill they die ?

4- Are saline bags better than blood bags ?

5- Are there a limit of how much saline you can get before you die ? (since it replaces blood) or is it a 100% cover, so you can keep taking blood and giving saline ?

6- Can you get shot and bandage, replace blood unlimited times without dying from bullets in your body ?

7- can you get led poisoning from bullet wounds ? 

8- can you use pliers for anything ? 

9- Can you use duct tape for anything ?  and will there be more uses for that material ?

10- does disinfectant spray have any good uses in game ? 

11- Does disinfectant tablets have any uses in game ?

12- Can you use a blood test kit on a blood bag that has been taken from someone or does it have to be used directly on the person you want tested ? (etc found bloodbag)

12- does rope have any uses in game ? 

12- can you use a hammer for anything in game ? 

13- Does cooking pot and frying pan have any uses ?

Hello there

For me, half the fun is finding these things out for yourself.

You dont really want us to spoil that for you do you?

IF anyone furnishes OP with answers please use SPOILER tags.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

actually im kind of dying to find out. since ive tried to do many things but some things just require my answer :P 

trust me dude i have more questions than theese, though i have already figured many things out theese require my attention as we speak

1- can you use wrench for anything ? Smash Smash SA-MASH!

2- Can you use the screwdriver for more things than opening a can ? Stabby Stabby Stab Stab.

3- How much blood can you take from a person before or untill they die ? Depends on their blood level I think.

4- Are saline bags better than blood bags ? Yes!

5- Are there a limit of how much saline you can get before you die ? (since it replaces blood) or is it a 100% cover, so you can keep taking blood and giving saline ? Take as much Saline as you want mate.

6- Can you get shot and bandage, replace blood unlimited times without dying from bullets in your body ? As long as you keep you HEALT up, Yes. (Health is different than blood)

7- can you get led poisoning from bullet wounds ? No.

8- can you use pliers for anything ? Not yet I think.

9- Can you use duct tape for anything ?  and will there be more uses for that material ? Not yet I think.

10- does disinfectant spray have any good uses in game ? Clean items and wounds with it.

11- Does disinfectant tablets have any uses in game ? Clean water with it. Not doing anything yet I think.

12- Can you use a blood test kit on a blood bag that has been taken from someone or does it have to be used directly on the person you want tested ? (etc found bloodbag) Havent tested yet.

12- does rope have any uses in game ? There is rope O.o ?

12- can you use a hammer for anything in game ? Smash Smash SA-MASH

13- Does cooking pot and frying pan have any uses ? Next update cooking will be implemented :3

Edited by orlok

yeah I've been wondering about that duct tape thing too - I mean where I come from duct tape can fix a broken universe - I still don't know what its for in the game tho

Edited by Elle
  • Like 1

saline bags only give 500 blood, where as blood bags give 1000(if i remember correctly) but you don't need the blood type matchup with saline. 

5- Are there a limit of how much saline you can get before you die ? (since it replaces blood) or is it a 100% cover, so you can keep taking blood and giving saline ?

6- Can you get shot and bandage, replace blood unlimited times without dying from bullets in your body ?

9- Can you use duct tape for anything ?  and will there be more uses for that material ?

12- Can you use a blood test kit on a blood bag that has been taken from someone or does it have to be used directly on the person you want tested ? (etc found bloodbag)

1. not that I know of

2.yes

3.idk

4.yes

5.probably not, never tested it.

6.My personal record was 5 mosin rounds.

7. I don't believe so

8. Not that I know of

9. Not that I know of

10.can sterilize food and bandages, no effect that I know of, was too scared to eat the food.

11.Water purification tablets? not currently

12.yes

12(part2). I think so

13. Yes

guess you should get out and start testing :)

• Like 1

yeah, must blood test a blood bag i have :P got it a few days ago, still good blood it seems.

i guess i better do some research then, better fill my inventory with shit items and start testing ..hahaah

Why is everyone saying saline bags are better than blood bags? That was fixed/changed a few patches ago...

1- (assuming you're talking about the small wrench and not the pipe wrench)  You can put it in your hands and do an attack animation with it, but afaik it has the same range, damage, and shock damage as bare fists, if not slightly higher.

2- See 1

3- Your character won't actually die from blood loss (more on that later) so you can take out all 5000 units (5 blood bags worth) and all they will do is pass out.

4- Yes and no.  A filled blood bag IV restores 1000 blood, and saline only restores 500, however with blood bags you have to make sure you have the blood type correct, or they will die.

5- No.  IRL that wouldn't be the case, however (currently) saline IV's simply add 500 units to your blood pool.

6- No.  When you take damage you lose blood and health.  You can have 0 blood and still be alive, however when you lose all of your health, you're dead.  Unlike blood, there is no item in the game that can directly restore health.  In order to restore health, you must eat and drink enough to be (bright green) energized and hydrated, as well as have full blood.  At that point you'll regenerate 1 health/sec, taking about an hour to fully refill it from near death.

7- No.  Currently there is no infection system.  I would watch the changelogs for it however, as there was mention of bullet removal surgery during development.

8- See 1

9- No current use for it, but will more than likely be used in the future.

10- No.  As there is no infections right now, there's no reason to disinfect.  Only use is to cause the worst medical condition in the game short of a heart attack.  It will be useful later, so keep an eye on the changelogs.

11- No.  Same as 10.  No infections so no need, but will be needed down the road.

12a- Sort of.  You'll need a syringe (currently only use for it) filled with blood from the bag and you can test that.

12b- You can combine rope and a burlap sack to make a small satchel (not sure of actual name)

12c- See 1

13- Not yet, but they're already testing cooking.

For more useful info check out these videos http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-feb-11th-updated-to-034115106-new-status-indicators-rebalancing-of-hunger-thirst-stomach-blood-and-health-reg/

1- (assuming you're talking about the small wrench and not the pipe wrench)  You can put it in your hands and do an attack animation with it, but afaik it has the same range, damage, and shock damage as bare fists, if not slightly higher.

2- See 1

3- Your character won't actually die from blood loss (more on that later) so you can take out all 5000 units (5 blood bags worth) and all they will do is pass out.

4- Yes and no.  A filled blood bag IV restores 1000 blood, and saline only restores 500, however with blood bags you have to make sure you have the blood type correct, or they will die.

5- No.  IRL that wouldn't be the case, however (currently) saline IV's simply add 500 units to your blood pool.

6- No.  When you take damage you lose blood and health.  You can have 0 blood and still be alive, however when you lose all of your health, you're dead.  Unlike blood, there is no item in the game that can directly restore health.  In order to restore health, you must eat and drink enough to be (bright green) energized and hydrated, as well as have full blood.  At that point you'll regenerate 1 health/sec, taking about an hour to fully refill it from near death.

7- No.  Currently there is no infection system.  I would watch the changelogs for it however, as there was mention of bullet removal surgery during development.

8- See 1

9- No current use for it, but will more than likely be used in the future.

10- No.  As there is no infections right now, there's no reason to disinfect.  Only use is to cause the worst medical condition in the game short of a heart attack.  It will be useful later, so keep an eye on the changelogs.

11- No.  Same as 10.  No infections so no need, but will be needed down the road.

12a- Sort of.  You'll need a syringe (currently only use for it) filled with blood from the bag and you can test that.

12b- You can combine rope and a burlap sack to make a small satchel (not sure of actual name)

12c- See 1

13- Not yet, but they're already testing cooking.

For more useful info check out these videos http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-feb-11th-updated-to-034115106-new-status-indicators-rebalancing-of-hunger-thirst-stomach-blood-and-health-reg/

12b, it's an improvised backpack, you can expand it by adding sticks.

the answer to your questions is maybe

I don't consider this spoilery but...

You can draw blood 10 times from a person at full blood who is NOT regenerating blood before they go unconcious, if they are even slightly below max blood, they will go unconcious after 9 blood draws. You can't directly kill them with it, because 0 health causes death, not 0 blood.

saline bags only give 500 blood, where as blood bags give 1000(if i remember correctly) but you don't need the blood type matchup with saline. 

How do you know that saline-bag gives 500 blood? Is there some official (100% correct) info about this? How much blood units player have?

How do you know that saline-bag gives 500 blood? Is there some official (100% correct) info about this? How much blood units player have?

That TMW guy who makes all the subsystem videos. The value was pulled from the game files. So yes, legit, but not officiated. Nothing is published on the subsystems so you're SOL if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth. Players have 5000 blood max.

• Like 1

They really need to make 0 blood fatal...so silly that you survive. No blood, no oxygen, no livie.

You didn't ask, but rags can be made pristine with alcohol tinctures, I forget if disinfectant spray improves the quality though...