jimgun

Dragging/carrying backpack in one hand.Disables weapon and forces walk.

What the title says.

I can imagine being able to carry a backpack via holding a strap, but not being able to do much else unless i drop it. eg run/aim weapon.

My suggestion.

(couldn't find this topic under search backpack)

Edited by Jim Gun
  • Like 4

You could use a pistol. That's all I have wrong with this, other than why are you carrying something in your hands that easily goes on your back.

Edited by Dchil

If you already got a backpack and you want to keep one for your mate you could simply put it in your hands. I think the idea is good.

I defs agree with you. I would love this option. Put the backpack in your hand, shouldnt be that hard seeing as you can do it with every item

Or allow you to front-load a taloon or hunter pack.  I've carried a pack on my back and one on my chest many a time!  It would, however, force walking, and only allow pistol use.  (NO mountain pack on front as it's too tall to see over)

• Like 1

I really think a chest holster should be the only way to pull a weapon out of your backpack without knelling down to open it first.

I really think there needs to be an animation for opening your inventory.

No matter what your doing in your inventory, it all takes time to do IRL.

Changing clothes is another thing that needs its own animation. 

We shouldn't be able to change clothes while running through a field.

We should have to knell down in a safe place when we switch clothes or pull out a weapon.

Why should be be able to access our backpacks while running? I guess it is just a game, so there's that?

I just feel the whole inventory process needs to be worked on to be a little more realistic.

I know people and I too myself like to organize our gear while sprinting long distances, but honestly

I don't think we should be able to do this, it just doesn't make sense.

The inventory system is based on realism and being able to rearrange it all while doing anything goes against the way the game is designed, at least IMO.

But it's still early. We will have to wait and see how and if it changes.

• Like 2

You could use a pistol. That's all I have wrong with this, other than why are you carrying something in your hands that easily goes on your back.

The idea came to me when I was sitting around watching a friends backpack after he was killed by a zombie after going afk.

I've got a BP so was thinking why the shouldn't I b able to carry my freinds backpack in one of my hands. I like only being able to use a pistol as you said, or a one handed melee weApon like a combat knife ( but not an axe ), and you have to stop and drop the bag to reload.  :)

Could prove to be quite the little adventure trying to get some gear back to your friend..

• Like 1

What the title says.

I can imagine being able to carry a backpack via holding a strap, but not being able to do much else unless i drop it. eg run/aim weapon.

My suggestion.

(couldn't find this topic under search backpack)

You made my day :) I hope this actually works but it dont see why not running. maybe not as fast as you run without items in your hands, but run like if you had a weapon. 

This can be very usfull 

agree, should be able to pick up or drag rucksack,