Sistinas1973

stuck in a glitch, can't get out. can't respawn, can't restart. any suggestions?

I am on experimental. I knelt down to drink from a pond and my guy got stuck in a glitch. it's some kind of vertical rubberbanding. the environment is normal, but my guy is "bouncing" up and down. I can preform all actions (change weapons, eat, drink) but I just can't move my character. He's frozen. Any idea on how to get out of it? I've tried logging into other servers, restarting the game, even shutting down my computer but every time i log back in, he's in this glitch. 

Try spamming V.

That worked for me in two other, different glitch traps I was in.

Good luck.

Buy a friend this game, then ask him to run over to your place. Ask him to "reset you" by using a gun you dropped on the ground for him and loot your body for you, so you can get some of your stuff back from him, and then you two adventure together, or separate ways. 

Consider it "emergent gameplay." I always consider glitches to be random event "features" that brings about a situation where thinking out of the box is required. 

That's my work-around anyway..... 

Might need to starve.  Drink tons of water until you start throwing up and lose all your stomach contents to make it go quicker.

Or scream at the top of your lungs until someone comes and helps you pass-on.

Vault (V key by default) and then logoff BEFORE the vault animation finishes. You have to be quick. You'll be on the other side when you sign back in. Worked for me many times. High ping servers make it easier as well.

I got him out. I had to double tap W and hit V at the same time. Once I got him out, I turned around and got him stuck in the same place again. logged out, switched severs, then spammed same sequence and it worked. This was at a small pond. I'll submit a bug report on it. 

• Like 1