Sign in to follow this  
airfell

AirFell's Wallpaper Pack!

Since I had quite a few wallpapers going up in the gallery in multiple posts, I thought I'd start a forum thread.

Preface: I'm not a graphic artist, photographer or anything of the sort. Just a dude that enjoys "junking up" some nice screen shots. I'm using paint.net with a few extra plugins, blending in some extra textures here and there.

I've done this in other games as well, just not to this level. Looking at the gallery thread I found myself inspired by many other users posts. Special thanks to everyone that has posted in there.

All wallpapers are in 1920x1080 (16:9)

Wallpaper Pack #1

"The Campers"

Day_Z_Camp.jpg

"Finger Face"

Day_Z_Finger_Face.jpg

"Holdup"

Day_Z_Holdup.jpg

"On the Run"

Day_Z_On_The_Run.jpg

"Gasmasks"

Day_Z_Screen_3.jpg

"Shooter"

Day_Z_Shooter.jpg

"Stand.Alone."

Day_Z_Stand_Alone.jpg

"The Kill"

Day_Z_The_Kill.jpg

"The Runner"

Day_Z_The_Runner.jpg

"This is Your Story"

Day_Z_Ti_YS.jpg

"The Tower"

Day_Z_Tower.jpg

"Tracks"

Day_Z_Tracks.jpg

"Train Station"

Day_Z_Train_Station.jpg

"Watcher"

Day_Z_Watcher.jpg

"Stairs"

Day_Z_Screen_2.jpg

Wallpaper Pack #2

"Beached"

2_Day_Z_Beached.jpg

"Map"

2_Day_Z_Map.jpg

"Saloon"

2_Day_Z_Saloon.jpg

"Sunrise"

2_Day_Z_Sunrise.jpg

"Town"

2_Day_Z_Town.jpg

"Zed"

2_Day_Z_Zed.jpg

"Cherno"

2_Day_Z_Cherno_Hotel.jpg

Wallpaper Pack #3

"Apartment Sniper"

3_Apartment_Sniper.jpg

"Apartments in the Distance"

3_Apts_Distance.jpg

"NEAF At Night"

3_Car_at_Airstrip.jpg

"Travel Companions"

3_Companions.jpg

"Embrace the Silence"

3_Embrace_The_Silence.jpg

"Forest Night"

3_Forest_Night.jpg

"Zombie Afterlife"

3_Zombie_Afterlife.jpg

"UnDead Hooker"

3_Zombie_Back.jpg

"Zombie Moon"

3_Zombie_Moon.jpg

Bonus Wallpaper

Basic Desktop

Day_Z_Desktop.jpg

Edited by AirFell
  • Like 13

Nice work man, always liked your sig as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the replies guys. Not too long after posting these my internet went down and just came back up. I plan on doing more of my own, but if anyone has any screenshots they would like me to make wallpapers into in their own resolutions just post a link and I'll work on em.

• Like 1

Haven't been playing as much recently, but wanted to start the 2nd bunch since I've been sitting on these for awhile. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Good work bud, I like the saloon one and the gas masks one the best, and the finger face one makes me lol, makes me think of brother/sister, "I'm not touching you!" and the other getting pissed off.

Good work bud, I like the saloon one and the gas masks one the best, and the finger face one makes me lol, makes me think of brother/sister, "I'm not touching you!" and the other getting pissed off.

Thankyou man, "Saloon" was actually an effect I created, but honestly don't think I could reproduce. "Gas Masks" is a personal favorite as its the first wallpaper I've made for the standalone, and my first really geared character playing with a buddy.

I'll have more coming over time, but we've switched to playing on mostly hardcore only as I find it much more thrilling, however its harder to take awesomesauce screens of your character. And I'll admit I've gotten a bit burnt out on wallpapering... it takes something extra special for me to want to make one.

Since I had quite a few wallpapers going up in the gallery in multiple posts, I thought I'd start a forum thread.

Preface: I'm not a graphic artist, photographer or anything of the sort. Just a dude that enjoys "junking up" some nice screen shots. I'm using paint.net with a few extra plugins, blending in some extra textures here and there.

I've done this in other games as well, just not to this level. Looking at the gallery thread I found myself inspired by many other users posts. Special thanks to everyone that has posted in there.

All wallpapers are in 1920x1080 (16:9)

Wallpaper Pack #1

"The Campers"

Day_Z_Camp.jpg

"Finger Face"

Day_Z_Finger_Face.jpg

"Holdup"

Day_Z_Holdup.jpg

"On the Run"

Day_Z_On_The_Run.jpg

"Gasmasks"

Day_Z_Screen_3.jpg

"Shooter"

Day_Z_Shooter.jpg

"Stand.Alone."

Day_Z_Stand_Alone.jpg

"The Kill"

Day_Z_The_Kill.jpg

"The Runner"

Day_Z_The_Runner.jpg

"This is Your Story"

Day_Z_Ti_YS.jpg

"The Tower"

Day_Z_Tower.jpg

"Tracks"

Day_Z_Tracks.jpg

"Train Station"

Day_Z_Train_Station.jpg

"Watcher"

Day_Z_Watcher.jpg

"Stairs"

Day_Z_Screen_2.jpg

Wallpaper Pack #2

"Beached"

2_Day_Z_Beached.jpg

"Map"

2_Day_Z_Map.jpg

"Saloon"

2_Day_Z_Saloon.jpg

"Sunrise"

2_Day_Z_Sunrise.jpg

"Town"

2_Day_Z_Town.jpg

"Zed"

2_Day_Z_Zed.jpg

"Cherno"

2_Day_Z_Cherno_Hotel.jpg

Really Amazing, the train tracks one gave me goose bumps

Nice work, makes me want to do more wallpaper shots myself.. I need to remember to throw in the "dayz" logo to give it that final wallpaper icing on the cake :D 

even looking at these pics you have produced makes me want to play but ima be patient bear for as long as I can until we get some zombies ! (i may be waiting a while) :D 

Nice work, makes me want to do more wallpaper shots myself.. I need to remember to throw in the "dayz" logo to give it that final wallpaper icing on the cake :D 

even looking at these pics you have produced makes me want to play but ima be patient bear for as long as I can until we get some zombies ! (i may be waiting a while) :D 

Hey thanks man! Actually I left DayZ awhile ago, but came back a couple weeks ago and have started doing WP's again. My 3rd pack is on the way in a day or two.

EDIT: I've updated the OP, added Wallpaper Pack #3!

The next wallpaper pack I'm going to walk about the world and take pictures with people and groups I meet- kind of like a tourism thing. I fully expect to be killed more than a few times, but I also won't carry anything more than basic survival supplies (food/drink/basic medical), and only weapons for self-defense against zombies. See you guys around!

Edited by AirFell

The next wallpaper pack I'm going to walk about the world and take pictures with people and groups I meet- kind of like a tourism thing. I fully expect to be killed more than a few times, but I also won't carry anything more than basic survival supplies (food/drink/basic medical), and only weapons for self-defense against zombies. See you guys around!

Sounds good to mee ! :D

Added the bonus wallpaper at the end.

Also, don't know whats happened to some of the links, I'll re-upload on another date.