Graphics:

768MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 9640G (Lenovo)

Storage:

931GB Seagate ST1000LM 024

Audio:
AMD High Def Audio Device

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there.

I have all my settings down drastically low, yet I can get past the 8Fps issue. the max ive got is 16 and that is because I was standing still. I don't know how to boost it :(

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

First off, it's a laptop.

Second, its not a powerfull laptop.

Third, your CPU and GPU are very weak + laptop

:/

Well people already said it, its a laptop. with no gfx card or ram really.

By a desktop PC.

With atleast 8 GB+ ram etc.

Edited by Twitch.Tv/WnL1

I ran game before with 4gt ram, no problems.

But still, laptops are generally not made for gaming - Im not expert on laptop specs so I dont really know if you meet system requirements.

Rendering is huge fps eater in this game, make sure you have disabled all of your rendering options.

Turn steam-in-game thing off, it have been causing fps problems for some ppl.

You can also turn your view distance down.

^^Good info above^^

I just helped out a guy in game. It turns out he came from console and is playing dayz on a lappy at a fps of 15ish. (not bad for a lappy, but not good for pc standards)

I went through some steps with him, but to no luck. His fps couldn't rise no matter the tweaks. The only thing that helped him was by turning google off in background and not using steam in game functions.

Most things looked like a blob to him and he was struggling to see 500m in the distance when I was pointing things out. This is going to be hard to play for him with things like this, however he is enjoying this game thoroughly and seems his console has gotten a rest!

• Like 1

wtf

how is it people dont check game specs before buying?

or is everyone so young they have never bought a pc game at a games store?

Did no one ever lust after a voodoo2?

you kids have it good these days

• Like 2

Well people already said it, its a laptop. with no gfx card or ram really.

By a desktop PC.

With atleast 8 GB+ ram etc.

Do not listen to this guy, as RAM has little to do with how the game performs. 

If your looking to buy a PC, you want a i5, with a GTX750/60/70/80, or a AMD R7 270/ R9 280/90 (maybe even a 265, but AMD isnt my strong side). 

And since alot of people keep on insisting that people should by new PCs or hardware to play dayz, Ill just copy paste another post i did.

You shouldnt assume anything with the RV Engine, as it is horrible optimized when it came out, and yet today is horrible.

I have a decent gaming PC with i7 4770k @ 4,5Ghz, MSI GTX780@ 1205/7000Mhz and it still brings my computers down to its knees in cities, just because of the simple fact that the game and engine doesnt know what to do with all the power. I have average 25% usage on my CPU and between 20-40% on my GPU. 

The only difference now between my PC and laptop is that I rarely drop below 30 in cities.

So top tip: DO NOT BUY NEW HARDWARE for the soul purpose of playing DayZ. 

It is impossible to imagine/project what result youll get. 

Edited by carlj
  • Like 2

TLDR folks USE THE FUCKING SEARCH or google.

the rules are very simple, general trend for SA is:

ghz => 3.5ghz = great fps/quality

video card => gtx 570 = great fps/quality

ghz => 2.5? = ok fps

video card => gtx 460 = ok fps

ghz > 2.5 ghz = shit fps

video card > gtx 460 = shit fps

laptop with significantly less spec? unplayable.

laptop with gtx 460+ and 3 ghz + OK fps

I am playing DayZ on an NON-Gaming laptop and i found out, that the difference between the internal GPU (intel HD 4600) and the dedicated GPU (nVidia Gt740M) are not so big, DayZ fps really depends on your CPU. 

I even made a short video about this:

And I think in general Intel and nVidia  are running the game better than AMD hardware atm..

Edited by warriortyr

^^ Good points Carlj^^

I actually came from the apple side! The little dayz I played (mod) ran quite smoothly at 720p. I invested my time heavily into reading up on gaming rigs as I only deal with audio production, hence the apple!

After some time I put together a list and did some more research. I finally succumbed into ordering my parts from a local wholesaler, where I decided to build my pc myself.

I had the intent on building this for dayz, as I don't really play games. After 6 months or so with my new rig, it definitely would have been wasted if I chose to only play dayz and that's it (luckily I use it for everything now besides audio recording). As performance gain is marginal at best of times, like you stated. I just don't drop hard in major cities now and fps is more "consistent". The arma engines can be quite funny at the best of times.

My thoughts would be if you are looking at playing games more and more on a laptop, and majority of them are under performing. It might be time for an upgrade? If most games still play fine, and you want to squeeze more fps just for dayz. Just wait for the optimisation to come. However, It is not my business to tell anyone here in the community to upgrade, just spouting my thoughts.

^^ Good points Carlj^^

My thoughts would be if you are looking at playing games more and more on a laptop, and majority of them are under performing. It might be time for an upgrade? If most games still play fine, and you want to squeeze more fps just for dayz. Just wait for the optimisation to come. However, It is not my business to tell anyone here in the community to upgrade, just spouting my thoughts.

The bold and underscored part is what people need to do. Everywhere on this forum you read about people who are suggesting that they should buy a new PC/upgrades, promising them gold and amazing FPS and then they suggest pure shit actually. 

I did the same time as you, spent time on reading reviews and comparing different brands/models. 

And secondly: If you dont have the knowhow to build your PC yourself, use a company who offers to build it for you, but where you completely choose the parts yourself.  You can easily pay up towards $300 more for a brand.

what ^ he said.

and as a youth gamer in 2014, if you cant figure out how to build a computer i feel sorry for your future.

maybe ask mummy and daddy to build it for you.

my father in law is 78 and he decided he wanted to "learn computers"...needles to say he is a meticulous and detail oriented old timer. Guess what he figured out how to do all by himself?

i7 4770k, over clocked, proper water block and cooler system and a titan...LOL.

I nearly shat my pants when he said hey come check out my new computer I built...i thought he "built" a dell on the website or something.

Edited by deebz1234

Everywhere on this forum you read about people who are suggesting that they should buy a new PC/upgrades, promising them gold and amazing FPS and then they suggest pure shit actually. 

exactly my sentiment ..not even my hardware can produce anything above average 25 FPS in cities... one would think that the mighty ARES II could do that but no.

Operating system:

Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU:

AMD A8-4500m

Trinity 32nm Tech

RAM:

4.00gb Single channel DDR3 @ 807 MHz

Graphics:

768MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 9640G (Lenovo)

Storage:

931GB Seagate ST1000LM 024

Audio:

AMD High Def Audio Device

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there.

I have all my settings down drastically low, yet I can get past the 8Fps issue. the max ive got is 16 and that is because I was standing still. I don't know how to boost it :(

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

buying a desktop is the only way to boost it.

exactly my sentiment ..not even my hardware can produce anything above average 25 FPS in cities... one would think that the mighty ARES II could do that but no.

i bought a gateway fx gaming pc for $800, i never drop below 30fps, and i havent even replaced anything in it yet.