Whyherro123

Serverhopping mother-effers

So, I was just killed by a serverhopper at the Balota Airfield. To be honest, I am a little aggravated. 

It was a 11:40-ish server, with only one other person on it. So, unless they randomly found me, it must have been a serverhopper. 

I was on the second floor of the office building at the airfield. The damn place was already looted, probably by another hopper, but I wanted to see if they missed anything under the desks. I cleared every inch of that damn building, including the stupid wall-glitching spot.

Now, what I don't know is how he managed to spawn in behind me. He had a fireaxe in hand, so I suppose he didn't make the ammo noise, because I didn't hear anything. 

I searched for another topic similar to this one, but I couldn't find any, so before "SAERCH BAR NUB", go choke on a shlong, please.

Anybody have any other experiences with those scum-sucking bastards?

Shit happens and how you missed the hundreds of threads complaining about server hoppers...  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Nope, just servers empty of loot but the empty loot is what has been making my DayZ experience more enjoyable B) .  It actually feels like I'm really surviving now instead of being geared up in 20 mins.  And no offense, you already look like you took the easy way out by trying to gear up on an empty server so you got what was coming to you. :thumbsup:

• Like 9

Shit happens and how you missed the hundreds of threads complaining about server hoppers...  :facepalm:

Nope, I saw them, I just didn't particularly feel like reviving a thread from January. Sorry, Mr. Forum Police Officer sir.

Nope, just servers empty of loot but the empty loot is what has been making my DayZ experience more enjoyable B) .  It actually feels like I'm really surviving now instead of being geared up in 20 mins.  And no offense, you already look like you took the easy way out by trying to gear up on an empty server so you got what was coming to you. :thumbsup:

Log in to Day Z, see a daytime server that is empty of people? Damn straight I am going to join. I like roaming throughout SW Chernarus alone, thank you very much. 

I was already geared, just looking for shotgun shells.

Nope, I saw them, I just didn't particularly feel like reviving a thread from January. Sorry, Mr. Forum Police Officer sir.

I searched for another topic similar to this one, but I couldn't find any, so before "SAERCH BAR NUB", go choke on a shlong, please.

Conflicting statements are conflicting.

Search the forums buddy and calm down. Dying is a part of the game.

I actually am rather calm, but thanks for your concern, Your Great Omniscienceness.  And I DID search the forums.

Where would you like people to log back in at? The opposite side of the map of where they logged out at? You log back in where you log out, you log out in good spot, log back in at good spot.

So...... what you're really trying to say is that instead of logging back in where you last left of you should:

A ) Log in at predetermined spots (KoS login fest anyone?)

B ) Go to opposite side of map where you logged out (Uhh, HELL NO!!)

C ) Log you back in outside of the city/airfield/base you're in, if in small town/wilderness leave you be. (Maybe?)

D ) Live with it and quit crying?

Edited by JackNSally

So the area was already looted, only 1 other player on.. you did not hear a reload sound, but you think it was a server hopper?

I mean, was there a 3rd player that joined in?.. because all logic points to that other player was already there. 

• Like 1

So the area was already looted, only 1 other player on.. you did not hear a reload sound, but you think it was a server hopper?

I mean, was there a 3rd player that joined in?.. because all logic points to that other player was already there. 

Maybe. There might have been, all I know is that I checked the player list once I logged in, walked from a barn over to the airfield (3 minutes, tops), checked the outside of the building, examined the surroundings, and checked the interior. He wasn't inside the building with me, because I checked all of the rooms and corners.

Again, he might have logged in somewhere else and booked it to the building, but the location I came across him (the little landing in back of the stairs to the second story in that building), plus how little time I spent inside the building, suggests otherwise, at least to me.

Where would you like people to log back in at? The opposite side of the map of where they logged out at? You log back in where you log out, you log out in good spot, log back in at good spot.

So...... what you're really trying to say is that instead of logging back in where you last left of you should:

A ) Log in at predetermined spots (KoS login fest anyone?)

B ) Go to opposite side of map where you logged out (Uhh, HELL NO!!)

C ) Log you back in outside of the city/airfield/base you're in, if in small town/wilderness leave you be. (Maybe?)

D ) Live with it and quit crying?

Do you seriously not understand the issues many people have with server-hopping? It lends an unfair advantage to those who do it, and it generally marks you as a scumbag, who doesn't want to play "fairly"

I don't know how to combat server-hopping, maybe preventing someone from logging out within a certain radius of a high-loot location? I don't know, again.

I actually am rather calm, but thanks for your concern, Your Great Omniscienceness.  And I DID search the forums.

You're welcome. No need to be upset over a game right?

So, I was just killed by a serverhopper at the Balota Airfield. To be honest, I am a little aggravated. 

It was a 11:40-ish server, with only one other person on it. So, unless they randomly found me, it must have been a serverhopper. 

I was on the second floor of the office building at the airfield. The damn place was already looted, probably by another hopper, but I wanted to see if they missed anything under the desks. I cleared every inch of that damn building, including the stupid wall-glitching spot.

Now, what I don't know is how he managed to spawn in behind me. He had a fireaxe in hand, so I suppose he didn't make the ammo noise, because I didn't hear anything. 

Anybody have any other experiences with those scum-sucking bastards?

I'm sure a lot of people have similar experience to yours! Let me tell you, you are my most prized type of victim sir (even though you aren't technically a hopper)! I always keep a look out for servers that appear to be hopper heavens - 5/40 people, 10:03 am, this one is PERFECT for example, so I log in and just circle around military areas, until I find an "untouched" zone. Then, I wait, because these places are just loot magnets for people wanting an easy M4/TTSKO etc. I just wait, and it never fails, someone spawns right in the damn building usually.

Since these guys are typically greedy and the server queue is preventing them from just swapping servers instantly, they of course go loot the other buildings. And as soon as they get out of cover - they are gone. All their gear, now mine. None of it ruined, because they died by a single bullet to the skull. Sweet, sweet loot from the hoarders themselves, I just love killing them, particularity in groups.

I despise glitchers though, and have screened proof of killing them whenever I can. Nope, if I kill you, you will just hear a crackle and it will be the end of it. Time to start over.

Edited by Infiltrator

You're welcome. No need to be upset over a game right?

To be honest, I had a sour taste in my mouth when I logged out. I've died in-game before (many...many times...), but that was the first time I have died from some exploitative-type move, as far as I know. Then, I realized that I have enough stuff to do in real life to not worry about some buttnugget online  :P

I'm sure a lot of people have similar experience to yours! Let me tell you, you are my most prized type of victim sir! I always keep a look out for servers that appear to be hopper heavens - 5/40 people, 10:03 am, this one is PERFECT for example, so I log in and just circle around military areas, until I find an "untouched" zone. Then, I wait, because these places are just loot magnets for people wanting an easy M4/TTSKO etc. I just wait, and it never fails, someone spawns right in the damn building usually.

Since these guys are typically greedy and the server queue is preventing them from just swapping servers instantly, they of course go loot the other buildings. And as soon as they get out of cover - they are gone. All their gear, now mine. None of it ruined, because they died by a single bullet to the skull. Sweet, sweet loot from the hoarders themselves, I just love killing them, particularity in groups.

I despise glitchers though, and have screened proof of killing them whenever I can. Nope, if I kill you, you will just hear a crackle and it will be the end of it. Time to start over.

I applaud your hunting of the hoppers, sir, but I must ask; why were you not there to waste the server hopper himself?  :P 

I think you are mistaking me with the serverhopper in this instance.

That is weird because I was server hopping a server around 11:40ish with a low population and I killed some fully geared out guy with a fire ax. 

Just out of curiosity, how do people magically differentiate between a server hopper and someone who just logged out in a bad spot and is logging back in for a session? I myself stick to a single server for long periods of time, but have had to log out in awkward spots due to real life things coming up.

Just out of curiosity, how do people magically differentiate between a server hopper and someone who just logged out in a bad spot and is logging back in for a session? I myself stick to a single server for long periods of time, but have had to log out in awkward spots due to real life things coming up.

because the smart people log off in a safe location. Military bases and airfields are not safe locations and it's pretty obvious when they are logging in the middle of tbe brig, barracks or the control tower that they are looking for easy loot.

because the smart people log off in a safe location. Military bases and airfields are not safe locations and it's pretty obvious when they are logging in the middle of tbe brig, barracks or the control tower that they are looking for easy loot.

Smart people, given the opportunity to do so, log off in a safe location. I'm certainly not going to leave the baby crying or any other urgent situation to wait while I find a safe place to log out. I accept the in-game danger and log out as I have my priorities in order. And I do accept that I very well may die the next time I log in. But if you feel morally justified for shooting me as a "server hopper", you are just deluding yourself as I have about 6 servers total in my server history. Most were when I was first starting and kept hitting the black-screen-of-perpetual-darkness.

• Like 1

Yeah, had a server reset on me when I was in a base today. Nearly shit myself when I logged back in to see that it put me on the second floor of a jail building. I'd played the server for 3 hours, but I knew if someone else was in that room, I'd be seen as a server hopper. Luckily, no one was there.

• Like 1

How is this OP better than a server hopper?!? He logs in to an empty server a few seconds away from the airfield and runs over there to gear up before anyone else does... Someone else decides to do virtually the same thing and then one of them dies and cries on the forums. #confused

Edited by Crooked Hauser
  • Like 3

Nice, op is a server hopper, gets killed by a "server hopper" then comes and rages on the forums about how he hates server hoppers.  I have something for you OP, I hope it helps.

pot-and-kettke.jpg

• Like 1

How am I a server hopper, if it is the first server I log into when starting gameplay? I saw a daytime server that wasn't mobbed, and I jumped on it before it got full. I didn't do it to jump for loot.

Kneejerk reactions all up in this place, I swear.