Sign in to follow this  
Uzir0ck70

How easy is a server to...use?

I'm thinking about renting a server mostly so me and my friends can mess around without bullcrap admins, spawn stuff, and just explore the map. But before I do that...

1-Do I have to pay extra for admin tools?I heard that somewhere

2-How easy is the act of spawning crap in?How would I do it?

3-How easy is being an admin. Ie Banning people, posting messages over global, tping to people?

4-Can I change the map any time at will(With restarts and stuff, of course)

5-How easy it it to make a unique loading screen(Can I just make something in PS and Ctrl v it in?)

6-How easy it to change the starting loadout?

7-How easy is it to import unique features, like making people be able to spawn a bike, or choose a class?

Hello there

Please do not bump in the same day.

Rgds

L

There are guides on there that will help you setting them up for free, but there are also versions that cost around 40$

I wouldn't want to play on a server made of crap, but if you're talking about custom buildings - that's fairly easy to achieve.

3-How easy is being an admin. Ie Banning people, posting messages over global, tping to people?

They are disconnected. Banning people and posting messages are included in the functionality of BattlEye, whilst teleporting isn't and to be able to do this I refer to my Point 1.

Yes, but that will make your "custom shit" go away again every time. You will have to have different files for different maps causing you to create those files and change them for every map.

5-How easy it it to make a unique loading screen(Can I just make something in PS and Ctrl v it in?)

Yes.

There are easy guides for that out there.

7-How easy is it to import unique features, like making people be able to spawn a bike, or choose a class?

Depends on whether it's existent already or not. If not, it requires custom coding making it hard to get those features.

All what you have asked for will be answered on here in different threads or on http://opendayz.net

I suggest you start researching yourself, as that will take up a lot of your time and if you are not willing to do that you shouldn't look into getting your own server,as it will be a lot of work.

I'm thinking about renting a server mostly so me and my friends can mess around without bullcrap admins, spawn stuff, and just explore the map. But before I do that...

Hello,

Some Game Server Providers (GSP's) will give access to certain things straight from the TCadmin panel.  HFB servers offers a basic, but I would assume useful, set of tools to do some of the things you asked about.  Using tools like these is extremely easy, they are designed to allow admin to run their server with sort of a point and click method--rather than have experience writing their own scripts or editing coded files.  Should take some guesswork out of this for you.  As with most things, trial and error is the fastest way to learn.  Don't forget research...you won't find all of the answers simply by asking on the forums!

pGAo9Gt.png

Disregard the "cancel" symbols, as I run an official hive server they are options that cannot be used.  I believe on a private hive server, all of these options would be enabled.  I don't know, I do everything manually.  I wont go over everything else Kichilron already covered, but feel free to ask more questions. We'll answer what we can.

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1