Sign in to follow this  
Emigrantes

Survival will arrive in a week ?

@Emigrantes

If it turns to a complaint because alpha-game doesn't seem to meet your needs... (well, you should try to post in "General Discussion"?)
You are 1 of 1637302 customers, it's hard to satisfy everyone.
I wish you great times on Project Zomboid wave.gif

• Like 1

The only problem is that Dean is trying to make a zombie survival simulator, so the more military grade weapons are added, the more it just turns into an action shooter, with zombies.  Military weapons are designed to kill people with ease, if your running around with military weapons, you can just mow down zombies without difficulty, and the challenge then becomes PvP, which will mean that's what the focus of the game will be.  I mean, if that was Dean Halls plan then fine, but like i said he said he wanted to not have many military grade weapons in so the focus of the game shifts more towards the survival aspects.

Bandits may be always more of a threat than zombies in a way, but if they make killing the zombies more traditional, meaning only head shots will kill and they increase the amount of zombies are in an area, which i know they plan on doing, then zombies will at least be somewhat of a threat.

As long as the weapons are rare I see no problem with having more military guns. And the AKM & SVD are absolute must-haves (especially the AKM) considering the location. Obviously server-hoppers can essentially negate the rarity, but the variety isn't really going to change anything. We already know that they have a very long list of weapons they want to add, like craftable bows & crossbows (as well as factory-built variants), more melee weapons & yes, plenty more civilian & military guns.

They do plan on increasing the zombie number, which I can stand by, but making headshots only would not make sense considering that DayZ zombies are infected, not undead. Additionally, the current AI makes headshots very difficult with them strafing and warping through obstacles. And if they made them shamblers, then they'd be too easy even with headshots only and vast numbers. 

I'd just like more zombies and things like disease being more prevalent, but nothing artificial like super buffed health/speed or headshots only is necessary.

• Like 1

Naa ur an idiot i like how the game is going and the colt is not new its already a classi "No man with a 1911 get killed". and no new weapons ? what you want? black powder colonial rifles ? bah.

As long as the weapons are rare I see no problem with having more military guns. And the AKM & SVD are absolute must-haves (especially the AKM) considering the location. Obviously server-hoppers can essentially negate the rarity, but the variety isn't really going to change anything. We already know that they have a very long list of weapons they want to add, like craftable bows & crossbows (as well as factory-built variants), more melee weapons & yes, plenty more civilian & military guns.

They do plan on increasing the zombie number, which I can stand by, but making headshots only would not make sense considering that DayZ zombies are infected, not undead. Additionally, the current AI makes headshots very difficult with them strafing and warping through obstacles. And if they made them shamblers, then they'd be too easy even with headshots only and vast numbers. 

I'd just like more zombies and things like disease being more prevalent, but nothing artificial like super buffed health/speed or headshots only is necessary.

if they wanna add in more military guns, but make them rare then that's fine, as long as rare is like, just a couple of each per server.

As far as server hopping goes, Rust uses a great system that gets rid of server hopping for loot.  In that game, if u hop to a different server, u have to start over on that server, everything is saved per server.  I know, Rust isn't DayZ or whatever, but its still a great idea in my opinion.  They also eliminated combat logging by making your character drop to the floor and go to sleep when you log out.  Again, I know, that's Rust, but I think it would benefit DayZ eventually too, maybe not in its current state, but eventually.

As long as zombies are much more of a threat, then I'm down with whatever, I agree that there shouldn't be anything ridicluous to kill too.

if they wanna add in more military guns, but make them rare then that's fine, as long as rare is like, just a couple of each per server.

As far as server hopping goes, Rust uses a great system that gets rid of server hopping for loot.  In that game, if u hop to a different server, u have to start over on that server, everything is saved per server.  I know, Rust isn't DayZ or whatever, but its still a great idea in my opinion.  They also eliminated combat logging by making your character drop to the floor and go to sleep when you log out.  Again, I know, that's Rust, but I think it would benefit DayZ eventually too, maybe not in its current state, but eventually.

As long as zombies are much more of a threat, then I'm down with whatever, I agree that there shouldn't be anything ridicluous to kill too.

I've never been bothered by the private hive system, but a lot of people dislike it because servers often lose popularity and people migrate elsewhere, thus ridding you of your loot should you want to play with others. Additionally, a lot of people do not like private hives because they allow for modding & addons (something I don't personally care for one way or the other) and it is often seen by said people that mods "killed the original DayZ mod".

However, I'm not sure about "a couple of each per server", at least until loot respawning is implemented. After that, then I'd be fine with it, as it still allows you a chance to find something good at a military base.

1. Rocket said: There will be bows.

2. Rocket said: There will be awesome improvised PVC tube bows.

g5OwrS4.jpg

3.  :|

Bandits will always be more of a threat than zombies.

Unless they make the zombies unnaturally overpowered, then someone with a rifle is still harder to deal with than a horde.

What's wrong with more military weapons? Guns are a lot easier to add than brand new weapon-types like bows/crossbows which need their own animations, ammunition and coding separate from guns which the engine isn't even built to support!

If zombies outnumber bandits enough, and zombies are harder to escape, it doesn't even have to be a matter of zombies being overpowered: when there are lots of hard-to-escape zombies you have to fight , hide from or die, then the focus of your ammo becomes the common or garden zombie.

So when zombies become harder to run away from [rather than endlessly sprinting away from as you can now] and we actually see hordes, are you going to bother shooting that one guy and risk the whole mob that comes after you directly after?

The only problem is that Dean is trying to make a zombie survival simulator, so the more military grade weapons are added, the more it just turns into an action shooter, with zombies.  Military weapons are designed to kill people with ease, if your running around with military weapons, you can just mow down zombies without difficulty, and the challenge then becomes PvP, which will mean that's what the focus of the game will be.  I mean, if that was Dean Halls plan then fine, but like i said he said he wanted to not have many military grade weapons in so the focus of the game shifts more towards the survival aspects.

Bandits may be always more of a threat than zombies in a way, but if they make killing the zombies more traditional, meaning only head shots will kill and they increase the amount of zombies are in an area, which i know they plan on doing, then zombies will at least be somewhat of a threat.

Only head shots killing zombies is an incredibly retarded idea, no offense to you personally. While zombies should, in theory, be able to sustain more bullet wounds than an average person--fuelled by adrenalin, no sense of pain, and yucky clotted blood allowing them to survive such things longer so as to carry on the infection--there is no biological basis for a zombie being entirely immune to body bullets and vulnerable to head bullets. If the zombie virus caused complete imperviousness to bullets then why did that imperviousness not extend to the head?

The more sensible solutions, compared to headshot-only magic zombies, are:

• [as you said] more zombies in an area
  • Zombies being able to take 7-9 low powered shots to the body and 5-7 high powered shots, while sustaining 1-3 hits from most melee weapons; most shots to the head should cause instant death, with some exceptions [e.g. wrench hit should take 2]
  • Zombies having the ability to move faster than you can except when you are at top-speed sprint or unburdened, and maintain a steady speed endlessly [zombies, having no pain receptors, don't tire of running until their very legs simply rot out from beneath them or snap].
  • Body armour/helmets on military zombies and riot police zombies to make a "tougher" zombie that can take more bullets or melee hits or headshots.

they should make so that you can craft your bow!

If zombies outnumber bandits enough, and zombies are harder to escape, it doesn't even have to be a matter of zombies being overpowered: when there are lots of hard-to-escape zombies you have to fight , hide from or die, then the focus of your ammo becomes the common or garden zombie.

So when zombies become harder to run away from [rather than endlessly sprinting away from as you can now] and we actually see hordes, are you going to bother shooting that one guy and risk the whole mob that comes after you directly after?

Only head shots killing zombies is an incredibly retarded idea, no offense to you personally. While zombies should, in theory, be able to sustain more bullet wounds than an average person--fuelled by adrenalin, no sense of pain, and yucky clotted blood allowing them to survive such things longer so as to carry on the infection--there is no biological basis for a zombie being entirely immune to body bullets and vulnerable to head bullets. If the zombie virus caused complete imperviousness to bullets then why did that imperviousness not extend to the head?

The more sensible solutions, compared to headshot-only magic zombies, are:

• [as you said] more zombies in an area
  • Zombies being able to take 7-9 low powered shots to the body and 5-7 high powered shots, while sustaining 1-3 hits from most melee weapons; most shots to the head should cause instant death, with some exceptions [e.g. wrench hit should take 2]
  • Zombies having the ability to move faster than you can except when you are at top-speed sprint or unburdened, and maintain a steady speed endlessly [zombies, having no pain receptors, don't tire of running until their very legs simply rot out from beneath them or snap].
  • Body armour/helmets on military zombies and riot police zombies to make a "tougher" zombie that can take more bullets or melee hits or headshots.

The argument is hardly even logically sound for traditional zombie movies because they fail to explain how undead zombies can operate without most of their organs (You'd be surprised how many parts of are body are vital to have). If they have no bloodflow, they wouldn't be able to move, nor would they get oxygen to the brain necessary to keep it running.

And i'd be fine with faster zombies, but I don't want them to be "OP". Tougher, yes, but I don't want a dumb attempt at making them the "main" threat per-say. 

they should make so that you can craft your bow!

YES! CRAFT YOUR BOW! CRAFT YOUR BOW! CRAFT YOUR BOW! CRAFT YOUR BOW!

The argument is hardly even logically sound for traditional zombie movies because they fail to explain how undead zombies can operate without most of their organs (You'd be surprised how many parts of are body are vital to have). If they have no bloodflow, they wouldn't be able to move, nor would they get oxygen to the brain necessary to keep it running.

And i'd be fine with faster zombies, but I don't want them to be "OP". Tougher, yes, but I don't want a dumb attempt at making them the "main" threat per-say. 

Zombies are "virus" style today rather than magical. Yes, in some movies, they live without vital organs, crawling around ripped in half. But neither I nor DayZ mention or have that. Zombies shouldn't survive absolute decapitation or bisection. On the other hand, they should be as fast and as painproof as a mindless virus-ridden human would be. So it makes sense for them to keep running even after they got hit by a bullet, and they're still bleeding out but they're still refusing to sit down and stop going as the pain response in a human would force them to do.