dayy

What would YOU have done?

Just want to know what any of you would have done in the following situation I experienced...

I'm with a friend of mine, and we plan on heading to Elektro, in order to get a little action. I have an M4, magnum and generally nice gear, my friend, (ill call him melon here) had a blaze 95 and quite a few rounds. Casually walking along, I suddenly hear melon yell at me to get down. As he is much better than me at DayZ, I did as I was told, dropping to the ground, looking around, I see why... A squad of four full gears, teenage voices laughing as they execute a bambi... As we were in a skype call, I mention to melon, 'how about we ambush them further up the road' as we where in the treeline, I assumed we could have easily killed a few of them before they realized what was happening, and the remaining would be easy to pick off. Melon responds with a no, and we agree to watch them, and act accordingly.

15 minutes later, as we are flanking Elektro, melon is hit with a mosin bullet, luckily he survives his wounds with only a little bleeding. Diving for cover, I look around, unable to find the shooters, next thing I know, a few M4's chirp up, slicing my 2 week old character to pieces...We made a bad decision, what would you have done?

I tend to be pretty bad at shooting like its happened to me a few times where I sneak up behind a group of guys and start shooting at them from like 10m and miss all of them and get shot.

In this situation I'd probaly do what melon did and not attack them, but I would of moved onto the next town that isn't as dangerous to avoid running into those guys.

I would have taken the route that takes me the farthest away from those towns if i had been geared up, i wouldn't even be looking for gear in there. Staying close instead of moving inland was a fatal mistake. Don't cry because you begged to be shot at.

Edited by Enforcer

The second they executed the bambi I would have opened up on them. Playing Dayz as I hope I would in real life, those are the types of people that pose direct threat, maybe sooner rather than later they would do the same to me. (As you found first hand)

Not saying i'm for the "HERO" role in DayZ, but the less psychotic murderers running around the server the better.

Spot four bambi-killing children? With the gear you two had I would hide/vacate. With a sniper rifle each, find some high ground a safe distance away and pick 'em off with glee.

That being said, I would have never been in Elektro in the first place. If I'm trying to survive the last place I would be is in a larger city/town.

• Like 1

Firstly you knew they would kill you if they saw you. Having seen the bambi die. You have 2 choices.

1. exit the area and be vigilant from that moment fourth.. sooner or later you will probably meet again.

2. kill them. tell them you dont like bambi killers.

Not sure how to go about option 2. Ive never been one for shootouts with groups. This siad on the few occasions in the past on the mod when I have done this we usually splitt up and appraoch the group from 2 sides. The first shoter makes usre he has fallback position *( over a ledge or into good cover) the other shooter is the one who does the killing.

when 1 guys opens up the group will usually face that way and return fire with a view to moving in closer.. with backs turned the other guy is free to rain hell. In theory of course!

I would have attacked them. I am general thrown into a wild rage by the sound of teenage voices :P

• Like 1

Attack...kill them all. I'm not a hero of any sorts, but I do contain a moral compass. Killing fresh spawns isn't right and whoever kills them with an annoying 12 yr old voice must die. DEATH TO THE SQUEKERS!

Well there are two situations here, are you sure they are connected. In the sense the people you "spared" how do you know they were the people who killed you?

Anyway, in terms of the quandary; "should I have killed them", it's all down to experience. You say your mate is more experienced then I assume his decision was based on the amount of ammo you have, the weapons you have, the condition you were in, the amount of food/water/meds you have, the location you were in, how close to cover you were, how busy the area was (both zombies and players) and not least of all the level of your and his abilities.

Sounds like a long list and I'm sure we could all add more to it, but to be honest, once you get used to the game running through all those shouldn't take you more than a second or two.

In general, I stay away from the coast, except when the game forces me back there ;)  

However, in your situation I would have opened up on the bandits.  You said you were looking for action, and you had the drop on some guys who were out bambi hunting.  Sounds like a little action to me.

wtf is this shit?

It was clearly spam, which you have now quoted, extending the spam. Please edit your post as quoting it is almost as bad if not worse than the bot posting it in the first place as you had a choice.

My own survival is my own concern, the bambi died through his own mistakes.  

If they posed a threat to me then it would have depended on my positioning and gear in regards to theirs as to what actions I would of taken.

Edited by Jolunn

In this thread yet another player dies in or near Electro, they never learn do they?

That's the thing, we weren't in Elektro, we were on a hill overlooking it, we were there 2 mins before shit hit the fan, I have a feeling whom ever killed us came from behind XD

Anyway, I'm happy I was killed, coz, later, with nothing to lose, I ran around Elektro like a derp, and found a full Pristine M4 with an acog and 60 round dual mag :) That coupled with my new fireaxe, yellow raincoat, and orange helmet, I'm set....

next thing I know, a few M4's chirp up, slicing my 2 week old character to pieces...We made a bad decision, what would you have done?

Hahahaha. Good.

I dunno guys, we made a bad decision by waiting for them, I feel as though if we followed them, and waited for them to stop, we could have easily gotten some nice gear :P

I would have killed them, You saw them kill a freshie so there is no way they would let you live if they found you. You were only outnumbered 2 to 1 and if you managed to get the jump on them and even the odds on your first volley then you would have won the fight.

I use a sniper rifle and my friends either use SKS or M4s.

My friend(s) would have flanked them while I sit about 200m away with the sniper, then we would all open fire at the same time, they'd be dead before they knew what was going on

Edited by xtrem3x

That's the thing, we weren't in Elektro, we were on a hill overlooking it, we were there 2 mins before shit hit the fan, I have a feeling whom ever killed us came from behind XD

Anyway, I'm happy I was killed, coz, later, with nothing to lose, I ran around Elektro like a derp, and found a full Pristine M4 with an acog and 60 round dual mag :) That coupled with my new fireaxe, yellow raincoat, and orange helmet, I'm set....

On a hill overlooking Elektro is basically Elektro...no doubt about it.