Sign in to follow this  
lazyorc

Falled down the stairs and die.

Since I got this game I have died 4 times just going down the stairs. I thought someone was hacking and killing me but after reading the forums I am pretty sure the stairs is eating my characters and it is happening to others.

Has anyone found a good way to avoid this happening? Do I need to walk slower or something? When I was little I would jump several steps at a time down the stairs and I'm still not dead. Is this what happens to people that get old, they can't go down the stairs properly? I am pretty sure my character is younger than me since his hair has no grey in it yet.

Do not run.. walk down the stairs, slowly

you had me at falled <3

Edited by lrish
  • Like 4

Use elevators instead.

OP makes post asking how to use elevators... 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Use elevators instead.

I haven't seen any elevators yet and none of the buildings are accessable by wheelchair. It might be safer to jump out the window?

• Like 2

OP makes post asking how to use elevators... 

Sh*t, you are too fast

It might be safer to jump out the window?

I lolled, have some beans.

• Like 1

falled isn't a word

you forgot how to capitalize and puctuation marks.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any elevators yet and none of the buildings are accessable by wheelchair. It might be safer to jump out the window?

Vault, make sure there is a strong handsome man to catch you at the bottom.

I am pretty sure all the other characters in the game are just as young and atheletic as my guy. If they can't walk down a stairs properly then how can I trust that they would catch me from a 10 foot drop?

Don't crouch when going up or down stairs. Make sure you are standing upright, makes it alot safer.

• Like 1

Don't crouch when going up or down stairs. Make sure you are standing upright, makes it alot safer.

lol apparently I'm too old to stand up straight

Like stated earlier, walk down the stairs. If you run there's a risk you trip and break your leg/s.

Apart from that it might just be you experienced a statistical anomaly.

Welcome to DayZ. ;)

• Like 1

I am pretty sure all the other characters in the game are just as young and atheletic as my guy. If they can't walk down a stairs properly then how can I trust that they would catch me from a 10 foot drop?

They are just looking to harp on chernarus's disability plan, go for the 10 foot jump just look for a man donning axe and beard.

• Like 1

yeah stairs are a bitch... I was up on the 6th or 7th floor in one of those tall apartment buildings in dubky once and as I was comin back down the stairs when I came to the place where there is some rubble on the stairs so you have to kinda vault over it to get past, well I guess I was in a hurry cause I ended up vaulting right out the window... nice view goin down tho.

• Like 1

Steak, you are such a dick!  I tried this with a friend tonight and I'm thinking this is actually going to work as my friend is about six feet above my head, then BAM!  We both get the black screen that says "You are dead".   >:(

• Like 1

Since I got this game I have died 4 times just going down the stairs. I thought someone was hacking and killing me but after reading the forums I am pretty sure the stairs is eating my characters and it is happening to others.

Has anyone found a good way to avoid this happening? Do I need to walk slower or something? When I was little I would jump several steps at a time down the stairs and I'm still not dead. Is this what happens to people that get old, they can't go down the stairs properly? I am pretty sure my character is younger than me since his hair has no grey in it yet.

Its ok dude ROBOTS cant even walk up steps right apparently.....

Also to bad your not this guy and can live forever. XD

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I hit my head going down the stairs in the fireman building. Got a good laugh and a 15 min run back :p

Alpha beeing tested I quess...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I hit my head going down the stairs in the fireman building. Got a good laugh and a 15 min run back :P

Alpha beeing tested I quess...

At last your brain didn't explode like poor Asimo's did. LMAO xD

• Like 1