Sign in to follow this  
helcol

Guys I need help

I was writing a paper for one of my classes, and I realized halfway through the paper that I was writing "days" as "dayz"

Has anyone else had this problem? I really would suck to get docked points because I misspelled a word because of muscle memory.

Also, I was on a hardcore server yesterday and I saw three zombies attacking the air? Is this a known bug and what causes the zombie AI to actually do this?

"realised"  

HTH :)

oh god, OH GOD!

I need to tear the "z" key off my keyboard before it happenz again

• Like 1

What exactly do you need help with?

I'm curious as to what causes the zombie AI glitch and I'm curious as to whether or not other people have the problem putting 'dayz' instead of 'days'

No. Sounds like OP needs to get the fudge off DayZ and read some books.

No. Sounds like OP needs to get the fudge off DayZ and read some books.

why should I get off dayz to read some books if there are plenty of books to read in dayz?

• Like 2

why should I get off dayz to read some books if there are plenty of books to read in dayz?

"bookz"  B)

• Like 2

Isn't there a way to search for every instance of the word "dayz" and replace it?

Isn't there a way to search for every instance of the word "dayz" and replace it?

"instanz"

Ok, I'm done now, sorry.. ;)

• Like 1

In all seriousness, none of you have had this problem before?

Nope I havent - however I have seen zombies "attacking the air" where my friend logged many a time

The spelling or the zombies swiping away at nothing.

If it's the former, wait until you get older (presuming you are not old now) that's when your ability to spell suddenly disappears and you freak out that you are developing Alzheimer's, and if it's the latter then wait until you get older (presuming you are not old now) that's when your ability to spell suddenly disappears and you freak out that you are developing Alzheimer's.

Ha! Sorry, just fucking with you. Yes, the swinging zombies are quite common. I like to play the game where you walk up to them, sometimes they twig you are there, sometimes they just keep on swinging into nothingness like there is a missing dimension.

The spelling or the zombies swiping away at nothing.

If it's the former, wait until you get older (presuming you are not old now) that's when your ability to spell suddenly disappears and you freak out that you are developing Alzheimer's, and if it's the latter then wait until you get older (presuming you are not old now) that's when your ability to spell suddenly disappears and you freak out that you are developing Alzheimer's.

Ha! Sorry, just fucking with you. Yes, the swinging zombies are quite common. I like to play the game where you walk up to them, sometimes they twig you are there, sometimes they just keep on swinging into nothingness like there is a missing dimension.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ADULT.gif

But I've seen a video on this forum where zombies are able to damage or even kill other zombies.

Will this be kept in the future?

Hitting each other is now removed. I've not seen it in a while and I remember a mention of it being fixed in one of the change logs.

Not sure why they stand there and swipe into mid air. I've always presumed it was because they'd killed someone and the body has disappeared and they've been left in a little loop. That said I've seen it on fresh servers too.

• Like 1

I have a similar problem with spelling Florida.  I for some reason always end up with Floriday... I don't know why, I fully understand how it's supposed to be spelled, but when I type it out I always add a "y" on the end.  I have to really pay attention when typing that word... Maybe it was the dabbling I did back in high school experimenting with some of the then popular stimulants. 

• Like 1

Hitting each other is now removed. I've not seen it in a while and I remember a mention of it being fixed in one of the change logs.

Not sure why they stand there and swipe into mid air. I've always presumed it was because they'd killed someone and the body has disappeared and they've been left in a little loop. That said I've seen it on fresh servers too.

I also saw that same night a gas station that was glitch and was exploding over and over again at around ten minute intervals.

gotta love alpha

In terms of muscle memory I have a real problem with "-shire" and "-shite" which would probably be fine except I live in the UK where a lot of the local councils and counties have "-shire" suffices. I once addressed an email to the Renfrewshite Council (Renfrewshire) as part of a tender process. Not ideal.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you're referring to experimental servers, or stable.  However I can confirm that zombies still hit, damage, and kill eachother on stable.

I'm not sure if you're referring to experimental servers, or stable.  However I can confirm that zombies still hit, damage, and kill eachother on stable.

I was meaning the experimental, I only play experimental because I am such a hardcore gamer at the cutting edge, surfing the digital wave, and all that.  ^_^ 

Seriously though I'm sure i've seen change logs that mentioned that the zombie AI had stopped them attacking each other. I had presumed that was out in the wild, as it were. I know that they can hit each other when you engage in melee with more than one Z.

I was meaning the experimental, I only play experimental because I am such a hardcore gamer at the cutting edge, surfing the digital wave, and all that.  ^_^ 

Seriously though I'm sure i've seen change logs that mentioned that the zombie AI had stopped them attacking each other. I had presumed that was out in the wild, as it were. I know that they can hit each other when you engage in melee with more than one Z.

Ah yeah, I was talking about zombies accidentally hitting eachother when trying to hit a player.  Only been playing DayZ for a couple weeks now, so I don't know if they actually aggroed other zombies in the past.

Lold at experimental comment. xD

Today, I spawned in with no shoes, no pants, and no backpack.

Wha?

yeah happens to me too man. i should consider spending more time outside..

I'm curious as to what causes the zombie AI glitch and I'm curious as to whether or not other people have the problem putting 'dayz' instead of 'days'

I've seen the glitch multiple times, on regular servers as I haven't hit the experimental yet. Yesterday, I was sniping at NEAF, and a zombie was attacking the fence for a long time. I eventually felt bad for the fence, and shot the zombie. He stopped moving, and looked like a scarecrow just standing there with his arms in the air. After a while, I scoped another part of the field, and when I turned my view back to the fence, the zombie scarecrow was gone. Makes me think that the image of him as a scarecrow was just a 'video remnant' or something. I also shot a geared player later, and he went down with broken legs right in front of the jail building. The freaky thing was his 'image' also was stuck standing up against the wall, even though he was crawling around. I am scoping from right at 800 yards, and my gaming PC is kinda weak right now, so I don't know if my rig doesn't update correctly, or if the server doesn't display the info correctly. 

Edited by randomspawn