Sign in to follow this  
alldaypk

CamelBak, Wearable Water Bottle

I had an idea the other day, as an uncommon/rare spawn the military loot pool could spawn a camelbak canteen, a water bottle that is wearable under a regular backpack and supplies you with a drink of water every few minutes, but it depletes slowly. Or the regular civilian version for towns and cities.

Some dot points:

• Wearable canteen
  • can be worn by itself or under backpack
  • gives a small drink every 5 minutes - depletes by 1%
  • refillable (perhaps not only with water, something more viscus, perhaps blood...)
  • bullets/knives puncture the water bladder, fixed with duct tape
  • more frequent/larger drinks the more dehydrated you are

What do you think, should/could it be added?

post-182188-0-41785200-1394348956_thumb.

post-182188-0-51893700-1394348966_thumb.

post-182188-0-96691200-1405187438_thumb.

post-182188-0-08178100-1405187489_thumb.

Edited by Alldaypk
  • Like 6

Would we be able to fill them with blood? You know, for the hell of it.

Totally up to the devs, though i think i might add that..

Totally up to the devs, though i think i might add that..

Its all yours.  Handcuff and drain a character into your camelbak and move the stored blood into seperate blood bags.

Yes. I wouldn't wear one but the more choices the better.

Also, let us fill it with any liquid.

Its all yours.  Handcuff and drain a character into your camelbak and move the stored blood into seperate blood bags.

Wow, i thought you were joking with the blood, but that sounds really good

• Like 1

Wow, i thought you were joking with the blood, but that sounds really good

You thought of it mate, I just played with your beautiful concept.  Possibilities are there.

• Like 1

I had an idea the other day, as an uncommon/rare spawn the military loot pool could spawn a camelbak canteen, a water bottle that is wearable under a regular backpack and supplies you with a drink of water every few minutes, but it depletes slowly. Or the regular civilian version for towns and cities.

Some dot points:

• Wearable canteen
  • can be worn by itself or under backpack
  • gives a small drink every 5 minutes - depletes by 1%
  • refillable (perhaps not only with water, something more viscus, perhaps blood...)
  • bullets/knives puncture the water bladder, fixed with duct tape
  • more frequent/larger drinks the more dehydrated you are

What do you think, should/could it be added?

I tought about this yesterday, but i didnt post because it could be either that or your backpack

cool idea, but a camelbak should only used to store water!

Nono this bags can have large storage of water and some slots maybe 4-6 because the real ones do have space for other stuff

I've got one of these for backpacking. This would be great to have in a survival situation!

Just don't put any of that kool-aid powder in there, you can never get that "watered-down kool-aid" taste out.

EDIT: Think the same goes for blood too...

Edited by Pvt_Larry
  • Like 1

I love the idea, particularly coupled with the blood bag suggestions - though honestly why you wouldn't just drink the stuff. It'd make for an interesting interaction if you managed to knock someone out, steal their gear and realise they've been running around with a camelbak full of blood!

Hello there

I like these.

My version is UK forces and does not have any extra "slots"

But, they are not really all that common though are they?

Rdgs

LoK

I have no idea of their rarity. In my tiny sample space in the UK, I know of two people who own a version of these. It's still a cool thing to add that wouldn't actually do any harm to potential game balance: It's just a water bottle that takes up a backpack slot. We have those already: They're called water bottles stored inside your backpack.

Hello there

I like these.

Rdgs

LoK

I have one that I use for mountain biking.  It's pretty small, however it does have some pockets.  You certainly won't be able to hold much if the 'bladder' is full, but a few small things should be possible.

Most people around where I live know what you're talking about if you say "Camelbak", so I guess they aren't too uncommon.

Seems like a good suggestion to me.

Edit: I just checked their website, they are sold at a physical location in Prague.

Edited by KyleSaysThings
  • Like 1

Canteen + rope + IV starter kit could do the same.

Rope make a sling for the canteen and the IV starter kit provides the drinking hose.

Screwdriver makes the hole in the canteen kid off the hose.

If you have vest with a pocket big enough for the canteen, you don't need the rope.

I have no idea of their rarity. In my tiny sample space in the UK, I know of two people who own a version of these. It's still a cool thing to add that wouldn't actually do any harm to potential game balance: It's just a water bottle that takes up a backpack slot. We have those already: They're called water bottles stored inside your backpack.

In my sample of UK, I know of none.

Would be good if rare as fuck. But no constant feed of water every 5 minutes.  Would rather just drink from it when i felt like it.  Another option to the scroll wheel, Bohemia would love that! 

Canteen + rope + IV starter kit could do the same.

Rope make a sling for the canteen and the IV starter kit provides the drinking hose.

Screwdriver makes the hole in the canteen kid off the hose.

If you have vest with a pocket big enough for the canteen, you don't need the rope.

While I'm in favor of adding more crafted gear to the game, I don't entirely see the value of this one.  The way I see it, the whole point of adding something like a Camelbak would be to give players a larger "canteen" that takes the spot of your backpack, yet still has a small amount of space for other items.

I guess my point is: why would anyone replace their backpack with a canteen on a sling, when they could just put their canteen in a current backpack?  Now you'll definitely face this issue regardless, when compared to the hunting and mountain backpacks.  So I guess, if added, the Camelbak should be more commonly found than many of the current backpacks.

Edited by KyleSaysThings

I like this as a neat useful loot. It can be balanced as taking a vest slot.

Oooh i like the idea of this taking a vest slot

I started think about this again and i feel, as soon as they implement persistent storage a camelbak could be useful when you are on a long trip and don't intend to bring a backpack. The one i have at home, with a full bladder still has a pocket big enough for your keys, wallet, a handgun perhaps, and i find that i can still wear a backpack over the top. There are also plenty of versions of the camelbak that are integrated into military molle system backpacks

Hello there

I like these.

Rdgs

LoK

No. They are very common in NATO and Eastern European militaries. In fact they have been standard issue for deploying US forces after 2007.

While in the UK they may not be common, stateside they've become a staple for backpackers, hikers, cyclists, beach goers etc, most sporting good stores and every walmart carries them. The largest tac grade pack the provide from the Camlebak brand looks to be 45l with a 3L bladder. And plent of space for gear. The classic models which is just the bladder can actually be worn under a backpack if I recall correctly. Now as far as craftable ones! All the canteens I've found are milspec which means the would already (assuming it's a universal design and this doesn't only apply to US armed forces) have a spout opening in the cap which is designed for drinking hoses attached to gas masks. So the IV line or possibly throughout in drinking hoses would work fine. Easy fix to not have to sacrifice backpack/tacvest slots. Belts, a quick view of any military video you'll see canteens attached to belts. Tactical belts as a clothing option that include a holster room for a canteen (or any 2x1 item) and a couple slots for magazines/ammo not only would this replace the chest holster (which looks cool but takes that precious vest slot. 0.02