Sign in to follow this  
Addex (DayZ)

( Not a tutorial)How to get easy long range scope?

Really hard to find lr scopes now, checked like 4-6 servers in balota, nothing, just a acog scope for m4 and i gave it to my friend, found backpacks etc, but i mean nothing like nothing that could be worth swapping for anything. Any ideas on how to get a lr scope easily??

Well it's not supposed to be "easy" to find the propably most wanted gear, is it? :)

Loot airfields and military camps (prisons) and hope for the best.

And stop server hopping, only naps, noobs and bobs do it.

Well it's not supposed to be "easy" to find the propably most wanted gear, is it? :)

Loot airfields and military camps (prisons) and hope for the best.

And stop server hopping, only naps, noobs and bobs do it.

Tell the developers to make loot more common then.

Stop looking for gear only in "military" spawns. Plenty of other high value locations spawn attachments. Such as garages, construction sites, multi-level residential/industrial buildings...many many others. Stop being a barracks rat.

Tell the developers to make loot more common then.

Finding loot is supposed to be hard.

That's kinda the point of this game.

Finding loot is supposed to be hard.

That's kinda the point of this game.

b39cf532_712657d1337394705-need-some-hel

..twas sarcasm, sir...

• Like 2

Really hard to find lr scopes now, checked like 4-6 servers in balota, nothing, just a acog scope for m4 and i gave it to my friend, found backpacks etc, but i mean nothing like nothing that could be worth swapping for anything. Any ideas on how to get a lr scope easily??

I have two at the moment.  Had 1 since before all the tents stopped spawning and got 1 last night off some guy we killed.  I'd hate for it to get blasted in my backpack at random so you are welcome to have it. None of my friends like the MOSIN.

It is now 4:25 PM where I am and I'm at work.  I will be on later at approx 10:30 PM.  PM me around this time (10:30 PM my time (central)) with the server you are on and be somewhere near Berenzino and we can work out the details of getting it to you.

If you want to find it yourself, others have already explained...  garages, industrial, and a few civvy buildings spawn scopes as well.  I usually find the PU in all these but I assume they also spawn the LRS.  Long rows of garages are my favorite spawns as they are pretty much a 1 stop shop for a chance at anything you could possibly need besides high end guns.

Anyway, hit me up if you want it.

Such as garages, 

Man I love Garages! So many people see them and ignore them because the door graphics look like so many doors that won't open XD

But yeah, finding and LRS ain't too much of a problem. Finding a pristine one however? That's usually a different story.

• Like 1

I have only found the LRS in the barracks building - the single story military one with all of the bedrooms. The only other building it spawns in is the AC Tower in an airfield, although I would suggest not to look in a AC Tower because its such a high risk area. It does not spawn in outposts, the double story military one with the prison. Up until yesterday I had looked for two weeks (20 hours of play) and could not find it no matter how much I searched. Yesterday I found one in a barracks but the server restarted just after I picked it up and it was gone next server I joined. Then just one hour of searching later I found another one the same day. Two in one day and none in two weeks, it may be a long time before you loot one. There is another way however, go to a area where there is typically a lot of snipers with LRS's camping on other players - Airfields, sniper hill in electro etc. and you can just sneak up and kill the sniper and take his LRS. If someone has found the LRS in a civilian building please tell me, which building was it? I have never actually seen/heard it spawn elsewhere.

I have only found the LRS in the barracks building - the single story military one with all of the bedrooms. The only other building it spawns in is the AC Tower in an airfield, although I would suggest not to look in a AC Tower because its such a high risk area. It does not spawn in outposts, the double story military one with the prison. Up until yesterday I had looked for two weeks (20 hours of play) and could not find it no matter how much I searched. Yesterday I found one in a barracks but the server restarted just after I picked it up and it was gone next server I joined. Then just one hour of searching later I found another one the same day. Two in one day and none in two weeks, it may be a long time before you loot one. There is another way however, go to a area where there is typically a lot of snipers with LRS's camping on other players - Airfields, sniper hill in electro etc. and you can just sneak up and kill the sniper and take his LRS. If someone has found the LRS in a civilian building please tell me, which building was it? I have never actually seen/heard it spawn elsewhere.

See my previous post. The only weapon that has attachments that spawn *ONLY* in military locations is the M4. Search "High Value" buildings of all flavors and you will find one. No bullshit, the only time I hit up military areas is for a backpack and surplus ammo, else you can get everything from non-military spawns.

Man I love Garages! So many people see them and ignore them because the door graphics look like so many doors that won't open XD

But yeah, finding and LRS ain't too much of a problem. Finding a pristine one however? That's usually a different story.

So many times I come across an entire town looted except for the garages... heaven.

See my previous post. The only weapon that has attachments that spawn *ONLY* in military locations is the M4. Search "High Value" buildings of all flavors and you will find one. No bullshit, the only time I hit up military areas is for a backpack and surplus ammo, else you can get everything from non-military spawns.

I have seen them in the barracks and the military tents (pre broken-tent spawn) only.  That being said I have found the PU scope tons of times within garages, the little 1 story red-brick cafe/bar building, and on top of the 3 story, grey, parking garage structure.  I just figured the LRS scope will also spawn in these locations.  XRann seems to be saying they do.  I just never confirmed myself.

I have seen them in the barracks and the military tents (pre broken-tent spawn) only.  That being said I have found the PU scope tons of times within garages, the little 1 story red-brick cafe/bar building, and on top of the 3 story, grey, parking garage structure.  I just figured the LRS scope will also spawn in these locations.  XRann seems to be saying they do.  I just never confirmed myself.

I've tossed and left plenty of LRS's in search/for other gear many times. I've never had a problem finding them when I "need" one to pop on a mosin but quality is always random. Most common I've noticed is "badly damaged" and "worn". Here's a "complete" list of buildings that I've found every non-M4 attachment

• Garage
  • Office "School"
  • Construction Site
  • Red Brick "L" Shaped
  • Green Two Story Home - this one has been a long time, not since loot stopped spawning upstairs
  • Wooden Barns
  • Two Level Corrigated Warehouse - also a long time, around the same time as the green two story houses
  • Yellow Home w/ "Warehouse" Room - also been a while, same time as the above
  • Multilevel Mix Commercial/Residential "Downtown" Buildings
  • Cafe/Bars
  • "Piano" Home

Best places for LRS's are the garages and office buildings, hands down.

Stop looking for gear only in "military" spawns. Plenty of other high value locations spawn attachments. Such as garages, construction sites, multi-level residential/industrial buildings...many many others. Stop being a barracks rat.

No, The long range scope only spawns on the atc, barracks, hangars, and bunkers with the tents.

Given how rare the scope is you will need to visit a few airfields to find one.

Fast way:

a. Find a server that just reset.

b. Lay under hangar in NEAF.

c. Wait for server-hoppers.

d. Shoot them whilst giggling maniacally.

e. Take their long range scopes.

Legitimate way:

a. Run around the map like a crazy person searching every barracks, ATCT, ghillie tent and hangar you can find.

b. There is no b.

EDIT: Because edit.

Edited by Grimey Rick

The only easy way to get a long range scope is to sneak up on an unsuspecting sniper and take that shit.

I'm a garage whore.  Since the update two weeks ago or so I've not seen an single LRS in a garage.  PU's yes, compensator's no problem...flashlights almost always, but an LRS, nadda, zilch, zero, none.  Though I said the same thing about morphine not too long ago and the very next day found four of them after almost a week of actually paying attention to look for them.

I killed a camper at NEAF and he had a pristine one. I think he's pissed.

No, The long range scope only spawns on the atc, barracks, hangars, and bunkers with the tents.

Given how rare the scope is you will need to visit a few airfields to find one.

Whatever chummer, more scopes for me if you can't be bothered with looting towns.

I know of a loot location that about 99% of players overlook that pretty much only spawns weapon attachments.. I used to find LRS in them. Not any longer, and I would not be surprised if they were removed from loot spawns or adjusted to be so low that they are like NVG in the mod.

There has been an silent adjustment to weapon loot spawns almost each and every wednesday. Ive seen it in loot spawns, and the players I kill. Not as many people with scopes these days. Not as many Mosin+LRS+Comp players roaming around. They are still there, but not as abundant. I still find tons of M4 and pistols. A few SKS, not as many as a few weeks ago..

They are releasing things in mass at first, watch it get tested.. then they basically remove it so people arent just getting griefed. I cant wait to see how rare weapons become once all the civ weapons are implemented like bows and arrows..

Whatever chummer, more scopes for me if you can't be bothered with looting towns.

Long range scopes don't spawn in towns.