Sign in to follow this  
Mukaparska

Never the right ammunition...

I can find 3 weapons; Magnum, fnx and Mosin, but then I only find 22., 5.56mm, 12 gauge buckshots and 7.62x39mm... That happened me yesterday, and similar happens all the time. Only once I've had Mosin and right ammunition and then someone knocked me out from behind with his fists :D. This is getting pretty frustrating, when I'm never even able to kill anyone despite having numerous of guns and good armor, and in melee combat, they always win me. I'm still having a decent amount of motivation, but I'm not sure how long I can keep positive for constantly losing my stuff due other players owning me (or accidental suicides :D)

• Like 1

...When the area is rising.

Simple: Go to the coast. Are you there? Good. Now have the ocean to your right side and start running. Either you are going east now (and will turn north sooner or later) or you already are heading north.

Or...well...look at a map. Ingame, or for the easy way out: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

And don't get attached to your stuff ever. EVER. Gearing up is part of the game, but not the goal.

And since we are still in alpha, the new things are set to a very high chance to spawn so that they can be tested. So if you want to use a gun+ammunition....get the newest ones. Or a Shotgun. For some reason I find always shotgun shells....

AGainst getting knocked out: Motorcycle helmet or hard helmet (denies being knocked out). And in melee...aim for their heads. Or even better, slightly above them and circly-run around them while doing that, don't ever stand still...

Edited by LaughingJack

...When the area is rising.

Simple: Go to the coast. Are you there? Good. Now have the ocean to your right side and start running. Either you are going east now (and will turn north sooner or later) or you already are heading north.

Or...well...look at a map. Ingame, or for the easy way out: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

And don't get attached to your stuff ever. EVER. Gearing up is part of the game, but not the goal.

And since we are still in alpha, the new things are set to a very high chance to spawn so that they can be tested. So if you want to use a gun+ammunition....get the newest ones. Or a Shotgun. For some reason I find always shotgun shells....

AGainst getting knocked out: Motorcycle helmet or hard helmet (denies being knocked out). And in melee...aim for their heads. Or even better, slightly above them and circly-run around them while doing that, don't ever stand still...

Woah, that map is accurate. But no way I'm using it. I think it kinda fights against the main idea of this game. Anyways, I usually go inland, and wander around and maybe end up to some untouched city where I can get stuff, and also I get basic supplies from villages. For some reason, I haven't followed the main road that much. 

But does ballistic helmet prevent getting knocked out? Well, why do I ask, I already got knocked out wearing it. If you can't knock out someone, how can you kill him? Does he simply die in the spot if you hit him enough, or does he slowly bleed to death or what? 

I've run into the same problem lately, two rifles, two handguns, lots of ammunition but still forced to use my axe in an encounter because nothing matches. I'm not complaining tho, I hope this game goes in a direction of less guns and more improvised weapons, I dont mind if guns are relatively easy to come by, as long as you've got a snowballs chance in hell of finding the right ammo.

Good man, don't use the map, it reduces the fun a LOT (and it's not really up to date - the loot spawn things are completly wrong in the mean time etc.)

Hm, if you don't play experimental: Most cities (even smaller ones) have there a police station now, where you usually can find a gun or ammunition (and ammunition is never rare^^)

And shooting in a town is a LOT of fun, because Zeds respawn and are attracted by noise. So killing one Z with a gun means that there will be coming 3 or 4 at you, and if you take them out even more...^^

As you said: No, the ballistic helmet doesn't help. That might be a bug that it doesn't provide a shock-armor while the hard hat, that covers even less of your head, does...

Ah, I think I took the wrong words: motorcycle helmet/hard hat prevents you from being knocked out with bare fists, nothing else^^

And kill someone with bare fists when he wears a motorcycle helmet/hard hat? Hm...I don't know. If you hit him often enough he will go unconsciouss in some hours or so...but chances are way bigger that he knocks you unconscious before...or that someone coems by and just shoots both of you ;) But these two helmets don't give resistance (well a little bit) against bullets or stronger melee attacks - so they will  die on the spot without getting unconscious first...or even get unconscious first.

Edited by LaughingJack

I've run into the same problem lately, two rifles, two handguns, lots of ammunition but still forced to use my axe in an encounter because nothing matches. I'm not complaining tho, I hope this game goes in a direction of less guns and more improvised weapons, I dont mind if guns are relatively easy to come by, as long as you've got a snowballs chance in hell of finding the right ammo.

i also hope theres a few houses with reloading equipment in the basement and have it so you can save the shells you have fired in one of your pockets, and find one of the reloading stations in a house and hope they have powder, primers, and whatever cal bullet the gun you want to reload uses

Good man, don't use the map, it reduces the fun a LOT (and it's not really up to date - the loot spawn things are completly wrong in the mean time etc.)

Hm, if you don't play experimental: Most cities (even smaller ones) have there a police station now, where you usually can find a gun or ammunition (and ammunition is never rare^^)

And shooting in a town is a LOT of fun, because Zeds respawn and are attracted by noise. So killing one Z with a gun means that there will be coming 3 or 4 at you, and if you take them out even more...^^

As you said: No, the ballistic helmet doesn't help. That might be a bug that it doesn't provide a shock-armor while the hard hat, that covers even less of your head, does...

Ah, I think I took the wrong words: motorcycle helmet/hard hat prevents you from being knocked out with bare fists, nothing else^^

And kill someone with bare fists when he wears a motorcycle helmet/hard hat? Hm...I don't know. If you hit him often enough he will go unconsciouss in some hours or so...but chances are way bigger that he knocks you unconscious before...or that someone coems by and just shoots both of you ;) But these two helmets don't give resistance (well a little bit) against bullets or stronger melee attacks - so they will  die on the spot without getting unconscious first...or even get unconscious first.

I just found .22 rifle and realized I didn't actually unwrap those ammoboxes before -.- Though, I think I still didn't have right ammunition, except once 7.62x51mm which is for Mosin I think, at least in real life. However I didn't notice any more zombies when I shot them with .22 rifle, does that count for only bigger guns? 

Well...they don't spawn because of noise, they respawn and are attracted by it.

So if you kill a Z somewhere in the woods where he ended up because he chased another player and lost him, he will respawn...well, i'm not sure, but I guess close to his old spawn point...

If you shoot a Z in, let's say Electro, other Zeds that are already spawned will be attracted and hunt you down, and they respawn fast (some seconds?) bhut oputside of your sight normally, but inside hearing range, so they will hear you and come again for you etc. etc. ;)

Or did you have the Amphipia pistol? because that one is silenced...but the rifle...hm I think it should attract Zs...^^

Edit: And it seems the 22 is bugged, check this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179082-22lr-damage-is-absurd/

It's the kitchen knife of the rifles ;)

Edited by LaughingJack

Well...they don't spawn because of noise, they respawn and are attracted by it.

So if you kill a Z somewhere in the woods where he ended up because he chased another player and lost him, he will respawn...well, i'm not sure, but I guess close to his old spawn point...

If you shoot a Z in, let's say Electro, other Zeds that are already spawned will be attracted and hunt you down, and they respawn fast (some seconds?) bhut oputside of your sight normally, but inside hearing range, so they will hear you and come again for you etc. etc. ;)

Or did you have the Amphipia pistol? because that one is silenced...but the rifle...hm I think it should attract Zs...^^

Edit: And it seems the 22 is bugged, check this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179082-22lr-damage-is-absurd/

It's the kitchen knife of the rifles ;)

I take my words back :D I shot some more zombies and boom, they surrounded me :D

5 words.

Go

North

LOLWUT?  I see one number and three words.

just keep on fighting. it takes time to be good. no matter what game you play.

Think like this

- You learn from your mistakes

- You actually become better by playing (due to experiences)

- Just fight fight fight till you win

- You can always remember anything you did good and just try figure out new good ways.

Woah, that map is accurate. But no way I'm using it. 

There are in game maps and they're fucking retarded. Here's how they broke them down.

North East Map

North West Map

South East Map

South West Map

North Map

East Map

South Map

West map

Do we really need this many maps? I have a south map and an east map right now but I couldn't combine them and shouldn't items like maps, pens and paper really fit in 1 pocket, like maybe make each item a 5th of a pocket?

There are in game maps and they're fucking retarded. Here's how they broke them down.

North East Map

North West Map

South East Map

South West Map

North Map

East Map

South Map

West map

Do we really need this many maps? I have a south map and an east map right now but I couldn't combine them and shouldn't items like maps, pens and paper really fit in 1 pocket, like maybe make each item a 5th of a pocket?

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. There should be one map for the whole region. 

Last night, I went through Elektro with ONE SINGLE BULLET chambered into my pistol. Noone fucked with me.  B)

• Like 1

Last night, I went through Elektro with ONE SINGLE BULLET chambered into my pistol. Noone fucked with me.  B)

3 Questions:

• Empty server?
  • Pants on or not?
  • Anyone in cherno?

3 Questions:

• Empty server?
  • Pants on or not?
  • Anyone in cherno?

The server was mid-full. This was on Experimental, night-time, too. I could barely see. I was using a headtorch. Other then that, I was wearing a leather jacket and no pants, it was fucking glorious.

Edited by Insane Aradia

3 Questions:

• Empty server?
  • Pants on or not?
  • Anyone in cherno?

3 Answers:

• Never an empty server.
  • Never wear pants.
  • Always running around cherno with voice chat on playing my tune.

Edited by Jayz1331