Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Burning loot.

It would be nice to be able to set fire to combustible loot, like clothing, wood items, etc.

It could make a thick black smoke signal fire.. good for signaling for help, etc. It would need to be a process, like collecting several sets of rags from shirts and several sticks. 

But the pay off could be something that can seen for great distances (see pic) and could be a huge addition to dayz. 

y6aqu.jpg

What do you think would make some great additions for communication purposes in dayz? 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 6

Have fun attracting every bandit in the region.

That would be the exact point, if I used it. :) 

• Like 1

That would be the exact point, if I used it. :)

What if they come with a large group and are better than you?   :huh:

Than I get challenged for once... maybe even killed!  ;)

Edited by lrish

Hide and wait?

Hide and wait?

Roll one up photo.jpg whilst I wait for said group to get impatient and expose themselves..  :o

Haha I was playing on a night server and me and my buddy were putting gas lamps on the road and turning them on, for that exact purpose, too see who shows up =)

Edit: and great idea!

Edited by Blissful

Haha I was playing on a night server and me and my buddy were putting gas lamps on the road and turning them on, for that exact purpose, too see who shows up =)

Edit: and great idea!

I used to axe locked vehicles on Epoch to do the same thing on night servers..

..people would come from km around to see what the noise and fire was.. only to find my rounds quickly exiting through their brain housing. ;)

Thats what satchel charges are for!

• Like 2

The idea is a good one but my concern is that people will gather loot and burn it just to annoy others and for no tactical purpose at all. Other then that I have no objections.

1 stick + 1 white tshirts or rag = white flag for wave from buildings window or door 

is say 'hey look I am not threat don't shoot on me is no gun in the hands' without expose for danger   :o

• Like 1

1 stick + 1 white tshirts or rag = white flag for wave from buildings window or door 

is say 'hey look I victim, shoot me in face."

fixed that for you, KoS^^

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

The idea is a good one but my concern is that people will gather loot and burn it just to annoy others and for no tactical purpose at all. Other then that I have no objections.

this will be irrelevant as soon as loot respawn is reactivated.

Have fun attracting every bandit in the region.

.... to ambush them, of course.

is say 'hey look I am not threat don't shoot on me is no gun in the hands' without expose for danger   :o

This is great. Maybe a couple of signals like to point etc. Being able to pour petrol in a circle around a players body, waiting until someone goes to loot and then lighting it to trap them in, all while chanting in a demonic fashion and dancing around the fire would really appeal to me.

• Like 2

Being able to pour petrol in a circle around a players body, waiting until someone goes to loot and then lighting it to trap them in

:beans:

very nice

maybe add message for player like in health system 'you smelling fumes' so is fair ;)

Who cares, you'd still shoot them.

You kill for fun ^^

Well in day maybe the reflection of the petrol (You know, that sort of rainbow effect) could be sorta seen, at night though you'd be screwed unless there was a light source nearby. Imagine chucking a match/flare down or shooting a gas lamp to set it all off.

Or just bring in flame thrower tanks. 

Who cares, you'd still shoot them.

You kill for fun ^^

never if they don't have gun in hands >:(

The one who chooses the battlefield is more often the not the one who wins. If you attract bandits with the smoke and set up an ambush then it would be really easy to kill them.

Also the dreaded "I have no idea where I am" when trying to find friends would be fixed. All you would have to do is start a fire.