Sebidee

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

• Yes, headshots.
    • No, I like it how it is.
    • Compromise, headshots should kill them in one but they should be able to take more damage to the body.

It would be more fun if you could only kill them by hitting them in the head although this does not make sense. Then again the whole zombie/infected concept is completely flawed in many ways unless you're talking about necromancy/supernatural style undead (why don't zombies attack each other, why are they able to eat raw meat, why do they only agro when they see fresh meat yadda yadda yadda). As mentioned in this thread it's quite difficult to get headshots in the current engine.

If limb shots only slowed them down and you had to shoot them in the head or spinal cord it would be cool but it wouldn't work in this game so I voted no.

yup. they need a better damage system.

it would be cool when:

-a headshot kill them at once

-a shot to the torso let them bleed to death

-a arm shot weaken thier attacks

-and a shot to the legs make them slower

It would be more fun if you could only kill them by hitting them in the head although this does not make sense. Then again the whole zombie/infected concept is completely flawed in many ways unless you're talking about necromancy/supernatural style undead (why don't zombies attack each other, why are they able to eat raw meat, why do they only agro when they see fresh meat yadda yadda yadda). As mentioned in this thread it's quite difficult to get headshots in the current engine.

If limb shots only slowed them down and you had to shoot them in the head or spinal cord it would be cool but it wouldn't work in this game so I voted no.

Easy to explain, the infection causes feral behaviors hence the instinct to be aggressive and feed. Side effect could be they have a massive increase in white blood cell count(able to eat raw meat), with lower brain functions causing a reduction to eye sight, they have an increase in sence of smell and are attracted to the pheromones produced by non-infected humans(the more you stress sweat, specially from fear the more they will be attracted to you) Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 2

they are infected, so no.

Edited by DMentMan

zombies need more HP, one shot with an M4 is dull, people are complaining about the ammunition abundancy because we never get to fire our weapons.

• Like 1

I couldn't decide so i ticked both "only headshot" and "compromise".

If you ask me from the one hand realisticlly the infected are alive

thus they can die from bodyshots as well.But realism aside,personally,

i would enjoy if they were headshot only.That would make things alot

more intreasting.

No, 86% died as a result, 2% unscathed, leaving 12% living hosts with lowered brain functions with extremely violent tendencies.

I think they should be a little more tolerant then the average human due to lowered response from pain receptors and an increase to adrenaline response. Should not make them invulnerable to body shots though, they still are organic and have working vital organs.

You completely missed the point of my comment. The "unscathed" have turned out to be just as violent as the zombies in my experience.

These are not zombies in the NotLD sense, they are infected in a sort of 28DL kind of way.  What would be fun is if you could inject them with a cure.

Edited by Barnabus

I would like to think that if I really launched a 40mm grenade into the chest of a zombie, if it didn't kill them it would slow them down enough for me to make my escape. So in theory of what other weapons may come into the game I say no on the overall but maybe yes to an instant kill.

With my bad aiming?

That would be hell for me, especially when they surprise attack me, but I'll vote for compromise. 

A headshot should kill an infected on the spot but they should be killed via body shots as well, albeit more than one shot to the body. People say that these infected are just human and should go down like a normal human but if this infection is anything like a tweaked out human on Meth or insert other hardcore drug here, it would take more than one shot to the body to kill it.

So in other words they're not normal human beings and whatever they're infected with obviously makes them somewhat superhuman, they need to be looked at as such and dealt with accordingly. 

VOTE HEADSHOTS FOR GREAT JUSTICE

you gotta shoot em in the head

A headshot should kill an infected on the spot but they should be killed via body shots as well, albeit more than one shot to the body. People say that these infected are just human and should go down like a normal human but if this infection is anything like a tweaked out human on Meth or insert other hardcore drug here, it would take more than one shot to the body to kill it.

So in other words they're not normal human beings and whatever they're infected with obviously makes them somewhat superhuman, they need to be looked at as such and dealt with accordingly. 

People high on drugs or manically insane will die just as easily as anyone else, they just won't necessarily succumb to pain as quickly. It doesn't take a lot of bullets to take someone down, (in most places), so honestly firing more than a 4-5 shots with even a .22LR (to the torso) should kill them... not 10.

People high on drugs or manically insane will die just as easily as anyone else, they just won't necessarily succumb to pain as quickly. It doesn't take a lot of bullets to take someone down, (in most places), so honestly firing more than a 4-5 shots with even a .22LR (to the torso) should kill them... not 10.

Nobody said 10(Well I certainly didn't) but it should take more than 1 or 2 like it does now. Right?

Edited by R.Neville

It's harder to aim for the head in dayZ, no one tries to kill them simply because it takes so much ammo. 

FUCK'S SAKE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

For anyone asking for classical "undead" zombies, here's a hint. Slow, headshot-only zombies are literally NO THREAT AT ALL [because you can run right away], and headshot-only zombies at the current speed we have them will be nigh unkillable freaks.

On top of that, headshot-kill only zombies make no sense without magic being involved, because what sort of super duper zombie virus makes THE ENTIRE BODY INVULNERABLE BUT LEAVES OUT THE FACE?

Zombies should be fast, good hunters, and survive a bit more damage to the body [zombies ignore pain and have no fear, motivated to kill and spread the infection by the virus messing with their mind, thus unless you actually snap the spine or something, a zombie logically should continue to attack as far as they are able; and taking a shot to the kidneys or something will only cause them to bleed out, thus not actually rendering them unable to attack you short term] but their bodies should IN NO WAY BE INVULNERABLE.

For people comparing the zombies to pop culture zombies, ALL CLASSICAL ZOMBIES ARE BASED ON MAGIC. DAYZ IS NOT A MAGICAL PLACE FILLED WITH SPARKLY ASS TWILIGHT VAMPIRES AND VOODOO PRIESTS [i would not mind seeing a "voodoo priest" mod though].

Making bodies invulnerable will also make so many fun weapons entirely useless: Shotguns, explosives, bows and crossbows to an extent, machine guns etc. The only way to do zombies is give them strong, but damageable, bodies. Headshots only IS unrealistic and WILL NOT WORK.

• Like 1

For people who want tougher zombies, how about more zombies in body armour [military zombies and riot police zombies] that you have to shoot in the face?

Even if the virus made zombies superhuman [say causing perpetual adrenaline and losing the feeling of pain or fear] it's still working with a human body. so yeah, like Chaingunfighter said, 4-5 shots to the torso should do it, or 2 high powered rounds. In body armour, make that 6-9 pistol shots or 4-5 high powered shots, body armour potentially negating shots, so that people go for the head to save time and ammo.

Perhaps we could add a sweet spot in the chest, representing the heart, with similar weakness to the head as well. Being hit in the heart would stop a zombie pretty fast, right?

a shot to the heart prevents blood from flowing and therefore no oxygen for the brain. bam, brain destroyed

a shot to the heart prevents blood from flowing and therefore no oxygen for the brain. bam, brain destroyed

Actually, there are many instances reported that a person has lived 10 to 15 seconds(maybe more depending on how much of the heart is destroyed) before all blood to the brain is depleted after being shot in the heart.

With an infected, a lot can happen within that time span. Since the infected are what they are, shock and such by being hit by a bullet is out the window. Not saying it should still take a ridiculous amount of body shots to drop a Zed(Infected) but it should definitely take more than it does now. You should also be able to blow the legs out on a Zed to slow them to a crawl.

There was a script I used when I ran a DayZ Mod server that made Zeds headshot insta kill, crawled when hit in the legs and they took about 5 to 6 body shots to actually drop. Those Zeds were pretty nasty indeed and those are the Zeds I hope we get.  ;)

I think most people should strive for headshots but they should still be able to be killed with lots of damage to the body

so compromise (more emphasis on headshot)

What they should do is Make Hardcore Headshot Only and Regular servers you can just shoot them wherever.

I voted for compromise, but there should be variety. Some stronger, some faster. The soldier zombies should be stronger & faster than that blonde chick zombie in the skirt..

If you voted yes you're INSANE. 

Not with zombies that move this fast. No way in hell. Especially ones that can move through walls etc and move VERY erratically. 

If they were slow and predictable then sure, head shots only is absolutely fine. Basically I only fully support George Romero zombies. Anything else isn't doing it right.

I don't get this the respawning zombies with aggro as they are now is a total nightmare for people who like squadplay. They ruin squadfights and now you want to make them hs only? Countless times I've had my leg broken in a squadfight only to die to a zombie hitting me because I kept taking them out but they kept respawning with aggro. How am I supposed to headshot a zombie while lying down with a broken leg? This shouldn't be a PVE game imo, its focus should be PVP with strong PVE elements, I know loads of people will disagree with me on this however.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf