Slyguy65

700 megs for EXPERIMENTAL...uh what

Steam does no refunds.

Pretty sure it does, got my money back from another game that was in the same genre as dayz.

LOL.. 100% is for patch 

Are you serious right now? I mean, really? I'm trying to be nice, here....

• Like 1

New patch sucks. 0/10

This is what we are supposed to get "next", and it is also shown in shiny videos:

Weekly Report: Smashing Bugs for 0.37

This week saw us start our “survival” gameplay focus. This means most of our gameplay development focus is on refining the survival aspects of the game. We detailed some of the initial work for this last week.

Trying to get 0.37 to stable

Our main focus this week was to deploy a new version of the game to stable branch. We have two public “branches” of code, stable and experimental. A deployment to stable branch of the latest version of the game was scheduled for Wednesday, however we were not happy with some of the issues that remained.

Three major code changes have been occurring. We have been changing the way collision works to solve a number of bugs, such as shooting while prone colliding with the world and zombie collisions. Also our new physics system has been implemented, allowing us to have throwing, dragging, ragdoll, and even vehicles. In addition, a new guaranteed network message system has been developed to solve network issues, improve client/server performance, as well as reduce the “desync” issues experienced by many.

A number of bugs came out of these developments, two of which cause situations where players and zombies can become invisible to some clients. We want to solve this issue before we deploy to stable. You can try the current version out for yourself on experimental branch.

Survival Cooking

Progress continued with the development of several different kinds of fireplaces, and has moved onto creating assets for constructible ovens. These items will be persistent in the world, allowing the player to cook many things. The temperature system developed in the engine has been refined to have correct return from hot or cold to ambient temperature.

Survival Combat

A new area of work commenced this week is combat directly supporting survival. This includes throwing items, bows and arrows. We now have a great new animation for throwing, and the system developed for this will allow us to support proper animations for bows (e.g. drawing bow back, awaiting player input to fire).

The next week

Both Survival Combat and Cooking are our gameplay focus for the next few weeks, with our primary goal to get 0.37+ deployed to stable as soon as possible.

We’re also looking ahead further now towards how to best position ourselves to release vehicles, barricading, and advanced physics. It’s exciting times for us all here and we can’t wait to show what’s coming in our next video blog!

However what is in the patch? Pulse checking, some new items and 0% new gameplay. No throwables, no cooking

I dont give a flip wether zombies can warp through walls or wether my clothes get wet. Why dont we get stuff that really matters, like loot respawning, cooking, throwing, persistent storage

It is also vaguely misleading to talk about all these new things and then take a few weeks for the next patch which does not contain any of that, but pulse checking and another firemode for defibrillators.

(Coding pulse checking has 0 gameplay value for most players. a programmer carrying out trash of the dayz office would be development time spent better than pulse checking)

Maybe, but they really should become better at conveying info, honestly the way they update the "new" stuff by lumping it in with the already updated, its kind of annoying, its like "oh lets go pick out the ACTUAL new stuff" the least they could do is divide it into NEW NEW and over all, as well as explain the framework prep as:

*NEW* Added framework for new cooking system

*NEW* Added framework for new hunting system

(This means we prepped it and next update the new systems will be implemented in full)

Would that honestly be so hard...cause I know people that work in documentation and im just saying they could be better at conveying info to people waiting for it. Im not saying they are half assing it, im just saying they could convey more considering updates like these where not much was actually added but the patch size was almost a gig...

This I do agree.  They should not have edited the old patch notes by adding what news things in with it.  It should have had it's own separate thread.  This will be the first time I'll say this, but that was very lazy of them.

I'm with you on all of that, but I also know there's nothing I can do to fix it, just as I know there's nothing you can do about it.

I can point out that it's something we would prefer not to be that way, and I have, but venting frustration on the internet just ruins everyone's day, including your own.

Thats like saying crying or yelling doesn't help let it out, bottling up is not healthy either buddy. I think its being vented in a fairly non rage way, except the response to the people defending what they don't understand, like the guy posting the changelog like LOOK MORON, when i just sit there face palming like oh yes ive looked, looked at it weeks ago before you even knew what it was. But aside from that, its just dissapointing, and as a person who rarely buys games when i put faith in a product and not see it be all as expected and maybe even starting to flop, expression of concern should be paramount.

Edited by Slyguy65

Your thread got closed because you are a troll. SO you troll now this thread alleycat. Wow.

Why is everything you post tears, rage and ragetears? No constructive critic, no destructive critic, just *Wah* *Wah* *wah*

Really, grow some balls, all that tears of impotent rage are damping my pristine wellies...

New patch sucks. 0/10

This is what we are supposed to get "next", and it is also shown in shiny videos:

However what is in the patch? Pulse checking, some new items and 0% new gameplay. No throwables, no cooking

I dont give a flip wether zombies can warp through walls or wether my clothes get wet. Why dont we get stuff that really matters, like loot respawning, cooking, throwing, persistent storage

It is also vaguely misleading to talk about all these new things and then take a few weeks for the next patch which does not contain any of that, but pulse checking and another firemode for defibrillators.

(Coding pulse checking has 0 gameplay value for most players. a programmer carrying out trash of the dayz office would be development time spent better than pulse checking)

You cant expect the devs to add everything instantly, think positive, at least we can hope that cooking and hunting will be very well done, since Rocket has praised it so much, and they have spent much manpower on it.

Oh my some folks in this community...

picard-facepalm-o.gif

• Like 5

Not to support whining, but most of that was in .37, which you'd know if you had actually been playing it. Try being less of a sarcastic ass and your mistakes will make you appear less idiotic in the future.

I think a lot of the 700 megs is framework for persistent items, cooking, and animals, even if it isn't enabled yet.

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory

Animations: New Ruger MKII Reload animations.

Animations: Completely new two-handed melee animations. New right-handed poses, moves and attacks for axes, baseball bat, pipewrench, crowbar, fire extinguisher, shovel, farming hoe. Animations: "Low" and "Aim" stances introduced for stand, crouch and prone.

Crafting: SKS paint recipe

Crafting: Firefighter Axe paint recipe
Crafting: B95 paint recipe
Environment: New rock textures
Gear: added black and UN ballistic helmet variants
Gear: Wool Coat red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: can opener can be used as melee weapon
Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
Gear: Farming hoe configured and spawns
Gear: M4 attachment green variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
Gear: Green and black variant of B95
Gear: Long wooden ash stick
Graphics: Lighting from objects now is rendered during daytime also
Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly
Spawns: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
Spawns: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
Actions: Crafting splint from bandages now uses whole disposable bandage and half of dressing bandage
Actions: Ruined rags/bandages and wooden sticks doesn't produce infinite splints
Actions: Clicking on Eat All action if amount of food is below 1/4 will result in playing only short eating animation
Actions: Edited player messages in force drink action and fixing broken limbs
Actions: Added collision tests for availability of prone position and vaulting
Actions: Force feed/drink doesn't use whole quantity of some food/drink items also canteen is not destroyed after action
Animations: Bandage and eating pills animation glitch fixed.
Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
Animations: Player can now be properly knocked out while in water.
Animations: holding animations of various weapon magazines correctly linked
Animations: Evade animations in prone (Q and E) are faster now.
Gear: Added color variants of ballistic helmets into loot spawns
Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
Gear: Even lower chance of backpacks spawning on construction sites
Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
Medical: Falling from height while sprinting did not kill player when it should have
Medical: Player could vault with broken legs
Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)
Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
Structures: Changed inheritance of barrier structures (due to errors in logs)
Structures: Items disappearing when dropped near stairs or walls
Sound: subsonic projectiles no longer emit supersonic crack
Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Animations: Completely new two-handed melee animations. New right-handed poses, moves and attacks for axes, baseball bat, pipewrench, crowbar, fire extinguisher, shovel, farming hoe. Animations: "Low" and "Aim" stances introduced for stand, crouch and prone.

Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly
Spawns: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
Actions: Crafting splint from bandages now uses whole disposable bandage and half of dressing bandage
Actions: Ruined rags/bandages and wooden sticks doesn't produce infinite splints
Actions: Clicking on Eat All action if amount of food is below 1/4 will result in playing only short eating animation
Actions: Force feed/drink doesn't use whole quantity of some food/drink items also canteen is not destroyed after action
Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
Medical: Falling from height while sprinting did not kill player when it should have
Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server

You should maybe highlight the new stuff as all they did was edit the existing patch notes from .37.  Think of the simple people.

• Like 1

Try being less of a sarcastic ass and your mistakes will make you appear less idiotic in the future.

Be nice please. I'm not sure if Irish meant to appear sarcastic.

LOL.. 100% is for patch 0.42.116002

As a rule I try and stick up for fellow jarheads, but I'm also painfully aware most of the guys I served with were flaming assholes and idiots. But I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. ;) Edited by Crooked Hauser
  • Like 1

This thread is proof that these forums are not omnipotent when it comes to up to date news.

Here, maybe this lovely post by basinox will clear up the clusterfuck that you guys have collectively caused.

0.36  0.37  0.42
New:
Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects
Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players
Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory
Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables
Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations
Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon
Food: Sambucus berry item added
Food: Canina berry item added
Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed
Map: Olsha has been updated
Map: Khelm has been updated
Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created
Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created
Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map
Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo
Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions)
Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients
Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet
Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method

Fixed:
Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function
Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food
Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved.
Graphics: SSAO in options saved
Graphics: Rain effect settings changed
Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28 bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)
Graphics: Spot light culling fixed
Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections
Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious
Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions
Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low
Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack
Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack)
Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance
Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly
Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage
Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking (stops the "helmet of armor" change)

There you go, correct me on the places where I'm wrong. And rocket please copy past this into the main post so we may get some clearance about the new additions.

• Like 2

I think the biggest part of the patch was

Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled (was former only "Physics: disabled" or something like that)

which means it is in but not to play with...and that thing is big I guess.

Edited by LaughingJack

Because a download smaller than a cd is going to put you over the top on available space, amirite?

Actually for our Canadian players it could.  All the ISPs (at least in Ontario) have some kind of bandwidth cap except for some of the higher priced packages.  This means 800 megs just to play experimental comes at a cost of switching back and forth.