Sign in to follow this  
mugur

Just another new member opinion

Hi, my name is mugur and i am playing  since 0.32

First of all let me describe the "personal situation" here, so you might always consider that when/if

you are going to judge me.

i play on a computer that can make 25-27fps in the woods/plaines and around 12-14 in the cities(in a good day).

these "speeds" are achieved only with all details disabled and the resolution no bigger than 720x520 or something like this.

a zombie at 100m looks like 3-4 pixels for me

before you start roll on the floor laughing, you should know that i am not a gamer. Not by the standard definition anyway...

i just liked this game idea and i said i will give it a try. because of this game my next computer is an asus G750 with an nvidia GTX780.

it's on the way, next week will be here.

with this one i bet i can see a zombie/player even farther than 100 meters  like i do now.

Even with my curent so "powerful" computer i have died just around 5 times in 120 hours of play.

1. died on the beach on first login. i think i was shot...

2. died by thirst on second login

3. died by zombie (before i have learned that i can run faster than them)

4. died by fall thru a wall from a tall building. i was full geared :)

5. died in a military base. shot by a guy after i have raised my hand, no guns in hand etc. he shot me.

I will never shot someone just to do so or because i can. i know a lot of people will argue this, but i will stay with my method.

at the moment i am writing this i am alive for more than 43 hours. yes, same HUGE resolution and fps as previously described...

while all people are entitled (some more than others) to give their ideas about how the game should work, how the patches

should be released and when, how the dynamics between players and environment should work and so on and so forth...

i will write just a very small list of things that i consider good/realistic. 

1. while i am walking/running i should be able to drink (i can do this in real life with no issues)

2. night vision devices should be implemented in the final release otherwise the night game suffers a lot

last point is about people arguing a lot about when the next patch should be released, why is not faster and all that nonsense

about how we have paid and we are not getting what we have paid for. For those* (*= they know who they are):

You are actually getting more than you have paid for. This or you are not reading what is written (so big) every single time you start the game.

And about arguing that you* know better which patch should be applied first: you don't. when you will do your own game, then you will know.

Sorry about the long post, and sorry about my english (not my native language)

Have a great day(z) .

Edited by mugur
  • Like 2

Thanks for the opinion. I personally think, if they're implemented, NVGs should be quite rare.

2. night vision devices should be implemented in the final release otherwise the night game suffers a lot

Don't agree. What you are saying is that as you find the night cycle difficult you want to make it into a pseudo day environment. Night cycle is meant to be a challenge, it adds a whole new dynamic to the gameplay, it's meant to be difficult.

I did a poll on this very subject and while the majority were in favour of NVGs, most wanted the NVGs considerably restricted. Me? I am solidly against any introduction of them.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 3

I think NVG's would be great, and actually only about as rare as ACOG Scopes, however one 9v battery should only be good for about 45-60 minutes of use.  :D  hello battery hunting!

I think NVG's would be great, and actually only about as rare as ACOG Scopes, however one 9v battery should only be good for about 45-60 minutes of use.  :D  fresh spawn slaughtering!

Corrected. ;)

Corrected. ;)

Lol true dat!  but we already have it already.  Even hunting bambi's there's no way you could use NVG's all the time if the battery life was only 30 minutes.  totes good with reducing it to that!

I think that with the lighting changes that are coming the night won't be as pitch black as it was before. It may be a ways off before it gets optimized, but I believe night will be more...natural I guess is the word.

I'm excited for night play in the future. However I'm on the fence about bringing the NVG's back. They are in the same category as the .50 cal sniper rifles, in my opinion. Unnecessary if night becomes more playable.

If anything, maybe just have a very small amount of starlight scopes. The old AN/PVS ones.

That's just me though.

• Like 1

NVG should not be brought in, IMO.

Why are we making a survival game EASIER??  Is this gonna become CoDZ??

There is no "winning" at DayZ, there is no scoreboard...  you don't need to get the most kills..  it is a test of you against nature, and yourself.  The only person you have to get better than is yourself.  Track your "life time" and when you die, respawn and try to beat your last time by playing smarter.  that is the only way you "win" in this game.

• Like 3

Some pointers for the OP: 

In military bases, avoid everyone or shoot first. Most people will simply drop you on sight there.

Learn what a water pump looks like, and it's impossible to die of dehydration - almost every village has one. 

NVG should not be brought in, IMO.

Why are we making a survival game EASIER?? Is this gonna become CoDZ??

There is no "winning" at DayZ, there is no scoreboard... you don't need to get the most kills.. it is a test of you against nature, and yourself. The only person you have to get better than is yourself. Track your "life time" and when you die, respawn and try to beat your last time by playing smarter. that is the only way you "win" in this game.

Every item makes DayZ easier.

NVG's make nighttime easier, but imagine having to find batteries every 30 minutes of use.

Also, imagine how much of a target you become if people find out you have NVG's. They should also always break if you are shot in the area you are carrying them, or if you're headshot.

@ricp:

first i wanted to answer with the same "sarcasm" i saw it is used here a lot... then i have reconsidered.

here is my answer...

first of all i do thank you for your input. but that was NOT a debate. 

i just wanted to post 2 of my ideas and i was'nt doing for the sake of arguing. period.

second: i do suggest that you should use a NVG at least once. if you think that it transforms night into day (with no down side)

then you seem to have used one that not even US army have yet. if you don't have one at hand right now, do the following test:

take a toilet paper cardboard tube, stick it to your eye and go outside in daylight and try to live like that in a city for an hour. that will suffice. people generally tend to think that NVG in real life are behaving like NVG in pc games. they have a lot of downsides you know...go outside with one on the country side and with a cloudy night, in a forest you will be blind literally. right... you will be better with a flashlight.

i have the latest gen3 SFK model (special forces kit) with tube made in december 2012 and believe me it is not the same as walking outside in daylight, even if i just have to consider the field of view not to mention light issues/resolution.

third: since this is a survival game/exercise how come you people are so selective? there are helicopters alowed to be had (later i presume) and all sort of weapons and vehicles in a post apocalyptic world but the NVG are not around ???(these are INCREDIBLE simple devices although expensive because of the intensifier itself but very very hard to break). Even Russia (where the action takes place) have A LOT of last generation NVG and even if they do not compare 1:1 with latest ITT and L3 tubes they are still good and efficient. I suppose the place should not be a problem since a lot of US technology made it up in the game anyway...

last: if this game is about a scenario in a post-apocalyptic world i think those who just said NO should think about the rest of the things that should be "NO" in this game. all the firearms for that matter... it is harder to find a firearm than to find a NVG. in real life that is...

later edit:

@Rickenbacker thank you. those were my youth days...

i am very much alive and seems to stay that way now...

Edited by mugur

no NVG or very rare maybe 10 for all the hive so when/if you finding is like lottery winner :D

also forget 1 battery for 30 minute <_<

make so is 4 battery need for 10 minute :thumbsup:  ;)

• Like 1

@ricp:

first i wanted to answer with the same "sarcasm" i saw it is used here a lot... then i have reconsidered.

here is my answer...

first of all i do thank you for your input. but that was NOT a debate. 

i just wanted to post 2 of my ideas and i was'nt doing for the sake of arguing. period.

second: i do suggest that you should use a NVG at least once. if you think that it transforms night into day (with no down side)

then you seem to have used one that not even US army does'nt have yet. if you don't have one at hand right now, do the following test:

take a toilet paper cardboard tube, stick it to your eye and go outside in daylight and try to live like that in a city for an hour. that will suffice. people generally tend to think that NVG in real life are behaving like NVG in pc games. they have a lot of downsides you know...go outside with one on the country side and with a cloudy night, in a forest you will be blind literally. right... you will be better with a flashlight.

i have the latest gen3 SFK model (special forces kit) with tube made in december 2012 and believe me it is not the same as walking outside in daylight, even if i just have to consider the field of view not to mention light issues/resolution.

third: since this is a survival game/exercise how come you people are so selective? there are helicopters alowed to be had (later i presume) and all sort of weapons and vehicles in a post apocalyptic world but the NVG are not around ???(these are INCREDIBLE simple devices although expensive because of the intensifier itself but very very hard to break). Even Russia (where the action takes place) have A LOT of last generation NVG and even if they do not compare 1:1 with latest ITT and L3 tubes they are still good and efficient. I suppose the place should not be a problem since a lot of US technology made it up in the game anyway...

last: if this game is about a scenario in a post-apocalyptic world i think those who just said NO should think about the rest of the things that should be "NO" in this game. all the firearms for that matter... it is harder to find a firearm than to find a NVG. in real life that is...

The flaw with your NVG is that putting them into the game would mean that players would most likely hoard them once they figured out the spawn locations thus giving themselves a clear advantage always over other players.  This was prevalent in the mod.  This is not a military game and I wish people would stop treating it as such.  

• Like 1

Perhaps that is true in the country you live in, but where I am from, almost every farmer has rifles, shotguns, etc..  I own several myself..  Firearms (civilian ones) you would probably find in this country in about every 4th or 5th home.  I am all for getting rid of military weapons in the game as well.. and I am opposed to Heli's as well.

That being said, an SKS and a Mosin are not "military" gear (as I own one of each) so I am OK with those, the M4 and ACOG sights etc, I don't think should be there..

@cuwe: it matters where the story takes place, not where me or you are from...

@Mdogg2005: new member on the forum i mean.

Edited by mugur

@cuwe: it matters where the story takes place, not where me or you are from...

@Mdogg2005: new member on the forum i mean.

My main point is that guns (even in a country with strict gun control like we have here) are readily available in many countries.

Regardless, finding military gear is considerably less probable that finding civilian gear, and as such NVG should not be "oh, there's some beans, and some pipsi.. oh look a $1000 pair of NVG...  SCORE!!!"  I am a target shooter and own several different firearms, and I don't have ACOG scopes and NVG.  And no one I know in my "firearms communities" does either.  As such, military gear should be very limited, if there at all :)

If I had to choose, I would say pull all firearms out completely rather than add more in, but that's just me.  I want to use my brains to survive, play smarter not run and gun.  That's what I have BF4 and CoD for :)  I have been fully kitted in DayZ for the last 14-16 hours of gameplay, have yet to fire a shot at anything other than a Zed..  The only reason I carry a weapon is to ensure that when I do encounter someone who wants to run and gun, that I didn't bring a knife to a gunfight, but so far I have been able to avoid all confllicts.

no NVG or very rare maybe 10 for all the hive so when/if you finding is like lottery winner :D

also forget 1 battery for 30 minute <_<

make so is 4 battery need for 10 minute :thumbsup:  ;)

and make player start with broken legs. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Don't agree. What you are saying is that as you find the night cycle difficult you want to make it into a pseudo day environment. Night cycle is meant to be a challenge, it adds a whole new dynamic to the gameplay, it's meant to be difficult.

I did a poll on this very subject and while the majority were in favour of NVGs, most wanted the NVGs considerably restricted. Me? I am solidly against any introduction of them.

Can we get through one goddamn suggestion on this board without someone coming along and saying, "WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS YOU SUCK?"

"WHAT YOU'RE REALLY SAYING IS THAT YOU SERVER HOP/COMBAT LOG"

What you are saying is that you lack basic social and communication skills.

• Like 1

i give up. you can't express an idea here without seeing a lot of muscles.

very few people have actually understood and respect a simple fact: that i (like all of you)

have bought my right to say what i think. i am not fighting for my ideas, i am not bitching the devs about why and how they should do their job, and i will play the game even with no weapons at all, and with flying zombies. 

my last comment goes to cuwe:

you do realize how many military stuff are on this game, right? i do not give 2 cents on how many people are having fire arms

in real life or whatever else they use for that matter. you can buy NVG as a civilian if you need one. And everybody assumed you should shot thru one, otherwise said weapon mountable...

how about a NVG that you can't use it for shooting someone? there are plenty of those too.

@McGarnagle: my beans goes to you, Sir.

Edited by mugur

I don't think anyone was trying to be outright mean to you.

In fact, myself and the others have stated our opinions on the matter in a rather respectful manner.

I'm just not a fan of having high end military gear scattered around. IF NVGs do make an appearance I'd rather them be very rare, and less technologically advanced than they were in mod.

We all have a right to our opinions, and I hear what you're saying. I simply respectively disagree on the matter of NVGs.

• Like 1

The flaw with your NVG is that putting them into the game would mean that players would most likely hoard them once they figured out the spawn locations thus giving themselves a clear advantage always over other players. This was prevalent in the mod. This is not a military game and I wish people would stop treating it as such.

I get what you're saying but like why the hell are there 14 military bases/airfields on the 250 sq/km map? I would think one of those joints would have NVGs even in Chernarus.

• Like 2

@Rhodes: i was not even remotely refer to you.

@Rhodes: i was not even remotely refer to you.

Try to ignore the assholes, they're abundant on here.  ;)

The only ones worth paying attention to are the ones who are able to formulate a post without being constantly insulting.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1