Sign in to follow this  
Meenos

Primary weapon in backpack (14-21 spaces)

The only thing close to being suggested like this is a suggestion about having 2 primary weapons on your back. However this is a suggestion to allow a primary weapon in your backpack.

Firsly this could be an alternativ to aproach people with your gun not drawn and not visible for the other party.

you can have a fireaxe in your inventory. wich doesnt take much space at all. So why not being able to have a assault weapon or sniper rifle in your backpack. Handgun takes 4 spaces so why not have a m4 take 14 or 21 spaces ? 

ynsz4.png

With this example your M4 would take up 14 spaces in your backpack.

However if 14 spaces it too little then you can always increase the size the gun takes in your backpack to 21 spaces. Wich is 3 rows of backpack spaces. That should be more than enough to being able to carrying it that way. This way, you can have 2 primary weapons if you would like. And concidering that backpack space is pretty valuable i bet youl think twice of having a gun in your hand and a gun in your backpack.

This is also a way to bring guns to your friend(s). You find loot and decide to give your pal a assault rifle aswell, or perhaps you have found a sniper but dont want to use it so you bring it to your friends

• Like 1

How many assault rifles can you fit in your backpack? ... lol I'm hoping this doesn't happen, I know it is possible in the mod but unless there were heavy restrictions (i.e. have to find a short barrel and folding stock before it will fit) they should stick with one on your back, one in your hands at most.

How many assault rifles can you fit in your backpack? ... lol I'm hoping this doesn't happen, I know it is possible in the mod but unless there were heavy restrictions (i.e. have to find a short barrel and folding stock before it will fit) they should stick with one on your back, one in your hands at most.

Doesn't stop me from stuffing them into the backpack and letting either the buttstock on which is better let the barrel stick out the top. But you can get caught easily in anything that is higher than your head and you backpack is open which increases the possibility of something to fall out...even your rifle because nothing really is secured correctly anymore. I doubt you would want to carry full sized rifles ( bolt action, assault rifles ) in an open backpack ( like a large trekking pack ).

And of course weight and encumbrance should be an issue here, i should not be able to hop around and do marathons with a heavy/encumbering load.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

It could be done.

But or balance and realism, taking the gun apart and then putting the pieces into the backpack, would be better, IMO.

So before drawing you must assemble the gun, which could take 15-45s, i think.

for example: klick

EDIT: Advertising for the blaze-page on reddit ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 6

You can't take every gun apart if you don't have tools. And even if you could take the barrel of an AR off with a wrench you don't do that in a matter of seconds...i don't want to go into details. And you can't just take of an AK barrel because it's bolted. On bolt action rifles you would still have two bulky pieces...Not "easy" imo.

Edited by Enforcer

You can't take every gun apart if you don't have tools. And even if you could take the barrel of an AR off with a wrench you don't do that in a matter of seconds...i don't want to go into details. And you can't just take of an AK barrel because it's bolted. On bolt action rifles you would still have two bulky pieces...Not "easy" imo.

I specifically meant the

but for mosin, shotgun and the M4 it can become a bit difficult to fit one of these into a backpack

yeah, i dont think you should be able to disassembly weapons without tools. 

you would need a wrench and a screwdriver to be able to disassembly guns

you could always have something like a gun bag, specifically made for hold a gun but has very few slots for anything else

If it would take 21 spaces, then it would be pretty much useless, you need other stuff besides guns to survive.Rocket said that backpacks will be enchancable eg carrying second primary etc.

Dean somewhere said, that he wants the ability to hang weapons directly to backpacks.

Same pic again:

w964.jpg

A gun in backpack could maybe look like this ;)

and a weapon on backpack the machete (u can see the grip of it)

Edited by irishroy

If this were implemented, for balance purposes I feel it should require at least 16 or 24 spaces (2 or 3 horizontal, 8 vertical). I'm sure you understand why.

Edit: By balance I mean choice; you can have the less obstrusive backpack but you're stuck with your gun poking out, or you have to take the bright orange pack, but you can at least hide your weapon. Trade offs :)

Edited by Mithrawndo

If it would take 21 spaces, then it would be pretty much useless, you need other stuff besides guns to survive.Rocket said that backpacks will be enchancable eg carrying second primary etc.

I i were to disassemble an AR ( and mean really disassemble - barrel with front sight and gas tube, upper reciever w w/o carrying handle or aiming device, lower reciever, stock, stock tube maybe to make it really short - and not just field strip ) it would take at least half if not even 2/3 of the space of the pack in the pic down below ( which is about the size of the alice pack in the mod )  leaving me with not so much to live on if i had to carry food for days. And as everyone can see he travels light, even the guys he killed under the bridge didn't haul arms to the point they broke down due to exhaustion.

Dean somewhere said, that he wants the ability to hang weapons directly to backpacks.

Same pic again:

w964.jpg

A gun in backpack could maybe look like this ;)

and a weapon on backpack the machete (u can see the grip of it)

You forgot to mention he also had 2 PKMs and 3 M4s in his pack. He just didn't use them because he didn't have ammo. ^_^

Where did he leave his bow btw...?

Edited by Enforcer

You forgot to mention he also had 2 PKMs and 3 M4s in his pack. He just didn't use them because he didn't have ammo. ^_^

Where did he leave his bow btw...?

Wat?

I am sure, he only had 2 pistols, this shotgun and the machete.

Later he grabbed the bow from one of the dead bandits near the big beton tubes ;)

aBRp67O_700b.jpg

4zm5uigewwh.jpg

j3w3wnvizt.jpg

Edited by irishroy

aBRp67O_700b.jpg

I think this man in the game would be taken for as a bandit. 

aBRp67O_700b.jpg

I think this man in the game would be mistaken for as a bandit. 

I kind of like the idea, that you need to field strip a weapon to fit it in your backpack, it should take up like 10-15 slots, and you should need like half a minute to put it back together where you need to take the stuff into your hands, so other people around can see.

It could be done.

But or balance and realism, taking the gun apart and then putting the pieces into the backpack, would be better, IMO.

So before drawing you must assemble the gun, which could take 15-45s, i think.

for example: klick

I agree with 100% of your posts. You beat me to what I was going to post. EVERY. TIME.

dda1icwbmn4.gif

Thanks, Sir!

Edited by irishroy

I had a post on this as part of my thread on subdividing inventory squares into smaller squares. Required the weapon to be broken down - I.e. removing stock (and optionally scope, magazines and other attachments). See in my signature to find the thread. Has some pretty pictures too!

Edited by Roshi

I agree with 100% of your posts. You beat me to what I was going to post. EVERY. TIME.

arp21nK_460sa.gif

;)