papazombie

rivers and higher mountains

well, Chernarus has an amazinng atmosphere but I think it´s a bit monotone and boring because all cities and places  look like the same.

I´ve been at Svet, new city , and I think it´s ok. I guess Devs are working on this  so i´m waitning for new changes all over the map but I would like to see a higer mountain, maybe with a Little village on it and some rivers.  

• Like 1

That's the childhood disease from the mod and you're totally right.

As you can see, they start to implement new building. I hope there will one day more than twice as many different types of buildings in the game and the spawns and items will be way more randomized, so that you'll be encouraged to scavenge every place on the map for a reason. 

And yes, i wish there would be a really, really high hikeable mountain. I mean, it's the hiking simulator, isn't it? :)

• Like 1

first we need to be able to go up inclines!

LOL...i remember trying to get up the hill on taviana...soooooo annoying, took forever with the silly walk-slow-incline nonsense.

• Like 3

I would like 1000 euros and a villa.

Villa, okai - just 1000 EUR?? The heck?

Real rivers where nice, that little streams we got ingame 'r very cute

Besides it's a very cool survival game, it's also the best running/hiking sim i ever played.

On topic, a mountain would be nice

Edited by Qoyari

Villa, okai - just 1000 EUR?? The heck?

Real rivers where nice, that little streams we got ingame 'r very cute

You have to keep it real, if i say 100000 it would be kinda unrealistic.

Post made me think of this song, 

The struggle to get to your friend who is across the map. IT'S REAL!

• Like 1

first we need to be able to go up inclines!

LOL...i remember trying to get up the hill on taviana...soooooo annoying, took forever with the silly walk-slow-incline nonsense.

Try hiking an actual mountain and see how silly the game is. I'm not talking Everest, like rocket did, but any random 4- 5- 6000 foot peak, with even a 30 pound pack on your back. I don't care what kind of shape you are in, it is slow going. Hell, even a 1000-foot hill is quite taxing with or without a pack on your back. 

Yeah it sucks, but at least you can spam weapon switch to sprint up hills... for now.

• Like 3

I would love to see rivers and mountains in the game, especially as a way of blocking off the map rather than having the debug plains.

Of course you would need to stop flying vehicles if you were to stop people from "exiting" the map.

Some more natural obstacles would be nice and could break up an otherwise boring trek across the map. But I highly doubt they have the time to incorporate something like this into the map. They'd have to alter quite a bit to add bridges, and everything that would make a river seem natural to the area. 

I would love to see rivers and mountains in the game, especially as a way of blocking off the map rather than having the debug plains.

Of course you would need to stop flying vehicles if you were to stop people from "exiting" the map.

they should add some sort of cliff on the map, like a rapid drop area. 

Imagine people plummeting to their demise in a car.

Side note, really excited for rag doll physics

Rocket talked about rivers few months ago. There will be rivers but dont know when.

Edited by SirAllar

Throw in a canoe so players can travel down the rivers.

Raft building!

• Like 1

I'd like there to be  abandoned underground nuclear silos that can be turned into bases.  

It would also be cool if you could scavenge for parts (incredibly rare) and activate a un-detonated warhead (incredibly arduous process) and kill everyone on the server resulting in a temporary nuclear wasteland followed by server restart.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen...but maybe someone will mod 'em in

maybe craft bridges with Wood to cross rivers and if the river is wide teamwork...

add like 100 Bears (when they get added ) to debug plains, this is to chase you back to the map would be hilarious

I think Dean said something about Skyrim-Like rivers sometime, somewhere.

well, on of the biggest issues of this game is the fact that Chernarus is very and boring; all cities, villages and forests seems the same.

Chernarus needs more variety.

Try hiking an actual mountain and see how silly the game is. I'm not talking Everest, like rocket did, but any random 4- 5- 6000 foot peak, with even a 30 pound pack on your back. I don't care what kind of shape you are in, it is slow going. Hell, even a 1000-foot hill is quite taxing with or without a pack on your back. 

Yeah it sucks, but at least you can spam weapon switch to sprint up hills... for now.

And then I imagine the guy who might respond to that, "Thats easy!" in the shoes of an 0311 with an 80+lb. pack on, and 30lbs. of gear in his hands on a 20 mile hike across Camp Pendleton... LOL

• Like 2

has anyone infos about how they pulled off rivers in the new VBS 3 engine?

pretty damn impressive. i know most likely there has nothing changed regarding the roadmap....but damn rivers, actually a bigger stream running across the map creating some strategic narrows. ah yes at least for DayZ 2.0 that'd be something